Labor Day Holiday

CrimsonWrath

I thought I had the perfect ruse. I casually said I had to go to work today, Monday, Labor Day, and my wife spouted, "WHAT? I thought you had the day off?"

"No. Tomorrow I'll get my work bag and my GPS and head to work," I said.

"Oh, no. We're steam cleaning the carpets on Monday."

Great. I almost made it out to get some caching done, and now I'm cleaning carpets. Who's bright idea was it to make a big fuss out of this holiday?

Here's what you do ... this is guaranteed to work. You have to do this 'out of the blue' with no apparent reason behind it ie. like a birthday, anniv., etc. Go out and buy her a really nice pair of earings and a small bouquet of flowers. If she doesn't wear earings, then buy a necklace. The idea is to buy something that highlights her face which is another way to say that you think she is pretty. Gift wrap the earings so she has to open up the present (this shows that you made extra effort). Having to unwrap the present prolongs the anticipation and excitement. Now here comes the hard part, once she opens the box and sees the earings you then have to say something sweet and thoughtful (you are on your own here). She will be so surprised and shocked that you will get at least two full days to do whatever you want. Good luck.

Here's what you do ... this is guaranteed to work. You have to do this 'out of the blue' with no apparent reason behind it ie. like a birthday, anniv., etc. Go out and buy her a really nice pair of earings and a small bouquet of flowers. If she doesn't wear earings, then buy a necklace. The idea is to buy something that highlights her face which is another way to say that you think she is pretty. Gift wrap the earings so she has to open up the present (this shows that you made extra effort). Having to unwrap the present prolongs the anticipation and excitement. Now here comes the hard part, once she opens the box and sees the earings you then have to say something sweet and thoughtful (you are on your own here). She will be so surprised and shocked that you will get at least two full days to do whatever you want. Good luck.

yeah but then she may want to "do it" and then you'll be tired and won't want to go out... :blink:

Here's what you do ... this is guaranteed to work.  You have to do this 'out of the blue' with no apparent reason behind it ie. like a birthday, anniv., etc.  Go out and buy her a really nice pair of earings and a small bouquet of flowers.  If she doesn't wear earings, then buy a necklace. The idea is to buy something that highlights her face which is another way to say that you think she is pretty.  Gift wrap the earings so she has to open up the present (this shows that you made extra effort). Having to unwrap the present prolongs the anticipation and excitement. Now here comes the hard part, once she opens the box and sees the earings you then have to say something sweet and thoughtful (you are on your own here). She will be so surprised and shocked that you will get at least two full days to do whatever you want. Good luck.

yeah but then she may want to "do it" and then you'll be tired and won't want to go out... :D

Yes, as you pointed out, there are risks involved with this plan. :blink:

Recently on days off from work, I have begun getting up really early, long before my wife, and heading out for a cache or two. By the time she climbs out of bed, I'm back home! Ye Haw! She's happy, I'm happy and I didn't even have to buy anything! Well, if I really want to make her happy a bagel with cream cheese and a tall mocha doesn't hurt as I walk through the door.

On a down note, lack of sleep is an issue but it's worth it!! Cache on my brothers!

The key to making this work is to have two items or a matching set of something. You should only wrap one. Then when she opens it up you act upset that everything isn't there. Tell her you will be right back as your running out the door.

I thought I had the perfect ruse. I casually said I had to go to work today, Monday, Labor Day, and my wife spouted, "WHAT? I thought you had the day off?"

"No. Tomorrow I'll get my work bag and my GPS and head to work," I said.

"Oh, no. We're steam cleaning the carpets on Monday."

Great. I almost made it out to get some caching done, and now I'm cleaning carpets. Who's bright idea was it to make a big fuss out of this holiday?

I actually did work today but I got double time and a half for working. Woohoo! B) I can't cache right now anyway so why not go to work and make some extra cash? B)

I work in law enforcement and on holidays we can choose to work and make extra money or take the day off. I chose to work because Labor Day is not important to me as far as work is concerned. I usually only take Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Year's off. All other holidays, I'll be at work making the big money. LOL! :)

Ha, I had planned to cache in the morning, and get to work before the lunch rush (I own a restaurant). Figure I get the best of both worlds in on a holiday Monday. Only problem is we are hung up on stage 4 of a nasty but really fun 5/5 multi as lunch time nears. This is one that has to be done as a team and I'm not about to bail, I really want to log this find now! Also, I'm a good 45 minutes from work, and pretty dirty and sweaty too. So what do I do?

Call in and tell my assistant I'm running behind schedule. :huh: He says-"oh don't bother we have it all under control" (what's he gonna say-hurry up boss I can't handle it without you here? :blink: ). Sweet! I stop and look for another on the way home for good measure too. :blink: