Help!!! Sa2004 Lost Com Port 4

OKThumper

OK I need help. I have a HP laptop, Win XP, SA2004, 60CS, USB to serial cable. Problem: SA 2004 will not "see" com four. Maybe because I have a problem configuring the virtual com four. I have tried to do the plug and play thing but it will not work. I tried to install the USB to RS 232 drivers but XP just says the best driver is already in use. I have the virtual com four in the list of com ports in the divices list but it has a Code 10 error. Can somebody send me the info to configure this com so SA 2004 will put it on its drop down list of ports. Thanks in advance.

Thumper :D:D:D

Maybe if the Garmin USB thingy really works we will have an answer to all our connectivity problems. Or maybe just more problems. I quit one hobby and started this one because the first was to frustrating. Hope I don't have to start another, maybe collecting Wal Mart bags is easy enough for me.

Thumper :lol::D:D

Did you ever get your com port back? I finally called IOGear support, got an RMA number and sent our adaptor back to them. Their replacement just arrived, I plugged it in and success! No more error #10.

It seems what happened is the original adaptor fried the first time out. I'm sure I topped your 18 hours of driver loading, deleting, reconfiguring, etc, all for a bum adaptor. Thanks to IOGear for the replacement! Plug and play and we're much happier now!