www.geowoodstock3.com -- Updates And Announcements

:D With the recent discussions here in the forums NEFGA felt it was important to get a thread up that everyone could visit to see the latest news and updates on GW3. The date for the event is Memorial Day Weekend 2005. We will be hosting a series of events and activities for Geocachers from across the world. We are extending an invitation for everyone to attend. In keeping with the spirit of previous Woodstock’s, NEFGA would like to extend a special invitation to the Top 10 cachers in the world. This event will host a variety of activities and something should be found to suit each cacher and their family’s needs.

I am the Federation and I am the Promotions Director for NEFGA and GW3. We are establishing contacts with as many of the local organizations as possible to get the word out to as many people as possible. If your group has not been contacted please feel free to post a link here to your group if you would like us to contact you directly. Or if you have questions related to the specifics of the event either forward to me or post to this forum and we will get you an answer shortly.

The purpose for this thread is to be a place where information can be exchanged about GW3. We encourage friendly banter and discussion here regarding GW3. It is our hope that this topic will stay centered on the new information as much as possible and not on past issues. Stay tuned to this thread for updates on activities and updates about the event.

Greg Smith

The Federation

thefederation@se.rr.com

GW3 & NEFGA Promotions Director

This a list of some of the key people involved with GW3 if you need info for now and their specific areas of interest. Any of these members can be reached through their respective profiles here at GC.Com:

Paintfiction is the Chairman of GW3 Organizing Committee and BBQ Cook-Off.

The Federation is the Promotions Director for GW3 .

Stressmaster is the Director for Handi-caching in Jacksonville and GW3.

IceCreaMan is the Director for the Event Site and for Event Caches and Wagon Train Runs.

We have committees working on travel as well. The travel committee is working on trying to arrange group rates or discounts for travellers I will post more on that as things develop.

The Camping at Hanna Park is a very Large area. Depending on how many people plan on camping we are requesting that you stay here so we can have everyone close together to help with the Sirit Of Friendship and Love. LOL, We are working on some group rates for the camping area but it is best to make reservations as early as possible at Hanna. I will post some links for other camping and Hotels in the area shortly.

We will have a Meet and Greet Event of Friday evening and more details will be available shortly.

The Wagon Train Runs for GW3 will be organized a little differently than at last years GW2. There will be some runs that will focus on the Jacksonville area and be about the numbers only 12 hrs/100 caches. There will also be runs for a series of 4WD caches, A Handicaching Run, a Historical Run to St Augustine with a minimum of 75 caches in 12 hrs, a Beaches Run with 100 in 12 hours and also other runs as they are worked out. Our plans will be further ironed out and I will post details as they are.

Much has been said about 24 Hr Record Attempts being held in Nashville and the current World Record held by The Leprechauns and Carleen P being establsihed there. We have been contacted by a few cachers who are interested in trying this feat. Having completed 2- 24 hr caching marathons myself I can say it is one of the most fun experiences I have ever had. With that said we have been contacted by sveral cachers who want to try for a new record in Jacksonville. The Density to accomplish this task is available in Jacksonville. While a 24 hr attempt will not be an official event at GW3 I am sure we have enough people to help out cachers who would like to make an attempt. If this is something you are interested in please make a note at http://www.nefga.com]NEFGA FORUMS GW3 DISSCUSSION[/url] and someone will contact you.

We are still working on the actual event itself. We are striving to have the event as unstructred, that's Laid Back for those from the South. Our goal is to have as much Social time as possible. We don't want to miss the oppurtunity to get to know as many cachers as possible in the time we have.

Last but not least we are currently working on a web page to get the word out and provide greater detail than these forums. Please help us spread the word so that we can have the greatest participation possible. As new details become available I will post them here or at the website when it become available. In my next post I will be posting some helpful links for our area and Zip Codes ifor those who want to run PQ's.

We look forward to seeing you all at GW3

the federation

The Wagon Train Runs for GW3 will be organized a little differently than at last years GW2. There will be some runs that will focus on the Jacksonville area and be about the numbers only 12 hrs/100 caches. There will also be runs for a series of 4WD caches, A Handicaching Run, a Historical Run to St Augustine with a minimum of 75 caches in 12 hrs, a Beaches Run with 100 in 12 hours and also other runs as they are worked out. Our plans will be further ironed out and I will post details as they are.

I have to say, this is one of the best ideas I've heard so far. It's good to give cachers choices in where they go and what they see. I didn't mind not being touristy in N'ville since I live here, but if I'm going to travel for an event, I might as well be touristy when I go!

Count me in for St. Augustine!

Greetings everyone from the Hurricane State. No updates to the thread lately trying to dodge falling trees and power lines. For those who are traveling to GW3 please check out this thread for a recent update at the NEFGA site.

Nefga GW3 Discussion forum

This update was posted in this manner to help maintain the non-commercial stauts of this thread. If you have any questions please contact us at NEFGA in the above forum or me personaly through my email account.

The Federation

NEFGA & GW3 Promotions Director

thefederation@se.rr.com

Edited by the federation
This update was posted in this manner to help maintain the non-commercial stauts of this thread. If you have any questions please contact us at NEFGA in the above forum or me personaly through my email account.

The Federation

NEFGA & GW3 Promotions Director

thefederation@se.rr.com

"I'm The Federation, and I approved this message."

:D:rolleyes::blink:;):D

Just posting a note to bump this thread. We are recieving replies daily from cachers who are expressing interest in coming to Jacksonville on May 28, 2005. We are looking forward to seeing as many cachers in Jacksonville as possible. If there is anything we can do to assist in planning your trip please let us know. Planning is going strong for GW3. As we are planning for the event we would like to get as much input as possible on what you would like to see at the event. If anyone would like to help us out with suggestions please feel free to drop us a note or post on our forums at Nefga

NEFGA GW3 Disscussion Forum or post your ideas and suggestions here.

Thanks

The Federation

Edited by the federation
I LOVE the logo button - very nice!  Still deciding if I'll drive down, or fly down (from Western New York), but you better believe that one way or another, I'M GOING!

If you are driving, I have the route stored in the Magellan GPS that we used at you event in NY this summer, I can email you if you need it. 17 hours 18 minutes of actual driving time, Rochester NY to Jacksonville FL.

Steve

Hello everyone well here it is the long awaited Geowoodstock3 web site.

Geowoodstock3

At the web site you can find the following items to help in your trip planning to Jacksonville:

The Event Registration Page

Details on the event

Our Secure online store(under development)

A guest book and guest map to let us know where you are coming from

A photo gallery of the park and maps of the park

Some helpful links for things to see and do in Jacksonville

Various other things plus contact information

Nefga has set up a Cafe Press Shop to purchase Merchandise for GWIII. There is a small markup on the stuff in the store. All proceeds from the sales will go toward paying for GWIII. If there are groups or local organizations that want to purchase in bulk please contact The Federation and we can help out with the pricing. For the standard white Tshirt and 2 1/4" buttons it will be cheaper to purchase when you register at Geowoodstock. We are able to purchase those items till April 1, in bulk from another vendor and we would like to pass the savings onto the caching community. Cafe Press is usually for the 1 or 2 piece orders where we don't have to pay set up fees for each item listed. We continue to look forward to seeing as many cachers as possible in Jax next year. This is the link GWIII Cafe Press Store

Aw man this sounds like lots of fun, except you should have it in the original woodstock state New York, because I'll never drive all the way to Florida for it. If it was in New York then that'd be a different story oh well, hope everyone has fun.

You need to get out the woods more often! :lol:

They have these things now that actually fly in sky and can take you from place to place, I like to call them airplanes. :( :( ;)

(tongue planted firmly in cheek)

Aw man this sounds like lots of fun, except you should have it in the original woodstock state New York, because I'll never drive all the way to Florida for it. If it was in New York then that'd be a different story oh well, hope everyone has fun.

Hey, we already have geocachers coming to GeoWoodstock III from 3 European countries and from Australia. I even heard talk about a visit from a world traveler who will be "flying" down from the North Pole!

Federation, I hope you don't mind but I changed the topic title slightly. I incorporated your web address into the title so it is right up front in the title. That should help people find your web site easier I hope. If you want the topic modified further just let me know.

GW3 Brothers and Sisters! ;)

Hey, we already have geocachers coming to GeoWoodstock III from 3 European countries and from Australia. I even heard talk about a visit from a world traveler who will be "flying" down from the North Pole!

I wish I had read this earlier. I released a travel bug that wants to go to Australia. It's Ladybug. It's in CA right now. Well maybe it'll work it's way back to TN or FL by the time GW3 gets here.

Any room for a group of 4 from Barrie Ontario, Canada?  :blink:

This looks like fun.. if we wanna come, we gotta start planning now!

What is the feasibility of making a day trip to Orlando for the obvious tourist attractions?  Maybe allowing for a few days before GWIII for this would be best.

Day trips to Orlando are no big deal..... many times I have made the trip from Jacksonville to Orlando, spent the day at one of the theme parks and then driven home. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from my house to the gate at Disney. A little less for other parks. You would enjoy it more if you spent the night - that way you could visit more than one attraction. I have made the trip in 1.5 hours but that was in my younger and dumber days.

Any room for a group of 4 from Barrie Ontario, Canada?  :blink:

This looks like fun.. if we wanna come, we gotta start planning now!

What is the feasibility of making a day trip to Orlando for the obvious tourist attractions?  Maybe allowing for a few days before GWIII for this would be best.

Day trips to Orlando are no big deal..... many times I have made the trip from Jacksonville to Orlando, spent the day at one of the theme parks and then driven home. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from my house to the gate at Disney. A little less for other parks. You would enjoy it more if you spent the night - that way you could visit more than one attraction. I have made the trip in 1.5 hours but that was in my younger and dumber days.

OK! well we did the crazy deed and registered for the event!

ROAD TRIP!

Me plus 3 will be camping out for the event now!

I figure we come down a few days early for the obvious attractions and caching in Orlando and then make our way North for the 27th. If it really only is a few hours to get north, than I think we are good to go!

I am all excited now. Looking forward to meeting up with our worldwide Caching Compadres and padding the stats a little! :( May is not soon enough!

We just cached through the area and I want to let everyone know that even if the sponsors do not add another cache, all cachers who attend GWIII are going to be in for a real treat. We found lots of great high quality caches, some historical, some tricky, but overall the quality level was very good. So if for no other reason you need to come to GWIII for the caching.

SouthDeltan I am not sure on what sizes we haveof the round logo but I will check and see if not we should be able to get one sized for you drop me an email at thefederation@joimail.com and I will check.

WildOates there has been some discussion with the event organizers and I believe JoGps will be making an announcement about 3 months out from GW3 in regards to 2006.

SouthDeltan I am not sure on what sizes we haveof the round logo but I will check and see if not we should be able to get one sized for you drop me an email at thefederation@joimail.com and I will check.

WildOates there has been some discussion with the event organizers and I believe JoGps will be making an announcement about 3 months out from GW3 in regards to 2006.

Thanks for the email. I had sent another, nonrelated question to you via email and it bounced (different email).

southdeltan