??special Equipment??

virgo91967

I have recently submitted a cipher based puzzle cache based on a simulator of the encryption device that the Germans used in WWII. :o

Problem I am having is on the difficulty rating.

UsingClayjar's system, any cache that requires special training and/or equipment is classified a diff of 5. :rolleyes:

Would the requirement of having to download and use that simulator fall under 'special equipment' and therefore earning a diff of 5?

Markwell this if you must :o

Oh, I WILL post the link to the cache as soon as I get an approval from KYadmin

I had considered, and discussed with an apporver, a similar idea. The only reason I didn't implement the idea was that some online versions of the Enigma machine didn't always return the same the same decoded results.

The machines are fascinating , though, and are a great teaching tool for codes and code breaking. Hope you're able to get the cache up and running.

S-4-C

Not necessarily (IMO).

Question: Is tyring to figure out the decoder to d/l part of hte puzzle or are you providing a link that syas "downwload decoder here"? Obviously the former would be tougher than the latter.

The special equipment/training usually refers to scubs, repelling, boat, parachute, etc.

Sounds interesting though - please do post the link.

Not necessarily (IMO).

Question: Is tyring to figure out the decoder to d/l part of hte puzzle or are you providing a link that syas "downwload decoder here"? Obviously the former would be tougher than the latter.

The special equipment/training usually refers to scubs, repelling, boat, parachute, etc.

Sounds interesting though - please do post the link.

Oh .. it has a link to GET the decoder the encoded coordinates are posted on the cache page

I had considered, and discussed with an apporver, a similar idea. The only reason I didn't implement the idea was that some online versions of the Enigma machine didn't always return the same the same decoded results.

The machines are fascinating , though, and are a great teaching tool for codes and code breaking. Hope you're able to get the cache up and running.

S-4-C

Oh, belive me , I was very very careful to 'beta test' the enigma sim that I decided to use.. the page's webmaster did state that there was one enigma sim out there that did NOT return accurate results... it was more of a proof of concept sim written in javascript.