Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
virgo91967

??special Equipment??

I have recently submitted a cipher based puzzle cache based on a simulator of the encryption device that the Germans used in WWII. :o

Problem I am having is on the difficulty rating.

UsingClayjar's system, any cache that requires special training and/or equipment is classified a diff of 5. :rolleyes:

Would the requirement of having to download and use that simulator fall under 'special equipment' and therefore earning a diff of 5?

Markwell this if you must :o

Oh, I WILL post the link to the cache as soon as I get an approval from KYadmin

I had considered, and discussed with an apporver, a similar idea. The only reason I didn't implement the idea was that some online versions of the Enigma machine didn't always return the same the same decoded results.

The machines are fascinating , though, and are a great teaching tool for codes and code breaking. Hope you're able to get the cache up and running.

S-4-C

Not necessarily (IMO).

Question: Is tyring to figure out the decoder to d/l part of hte puzzle or are you providing a link that syas "downwload decoder here"? Obviously the former would be tougher than the latter.

The special equipment/training usually refers to scubs, repelling, boat, parachute, etc.

Sounds interesting though - please do post the link.

The special equipment/training usually refers to scubs, repelling, boat, parachute, etc.

Actually that would be for terrain. Difficulty is usually for finding the cache and for puzzle solving.

Ok (bows in the humbling presence of the frog).

I read that and interpreted it wrong- must slow down.

Forgive me master! Master is kind, right?

Edited by Kealia

Not necessarily (IMO).

Question: Is tyring to figure out the decoder to d/l part of hte puzzle or are you providing a link that syas "downwload decoder here"? Obviously the former would be tougher than the latter.

Sounds interesting though - please do post the link.

Oh .. it has a link to GET the decoder the encoded coordinates are posted on the cache page

I had considered, and discussed with an apporver, a similar idea. The only reason I didn't implement the idea was that some online versions of the Enigma machine didn't always return the same the same decoded results.

The machines are fascinating , though, and are a great teaching tool for codes and code breaking. Hope you're able to get the cache up and running.

S-4-C

Oh, belive me , I was very very careful to 'beta test' the enigma sim that I decided to use.. the page's webmaster did state that there was one enigma sim out there that did NOT return accurate results... it was more of a proof of concept sim written in javascript.

TexMedPlacer rated his Enigma cache a 2.5. I've decoded the coordinates, and I'm pretty sure that I have them right, but haven't had time to find the cache (but the long weekend is coming)!

I submitted "Enigmatic" for revew and approvall... and if ya want a jump.,and live close enpugh to grab it...emailme and I will emaile the link.