Question To Admins....

TeamTek

Ok here's my question to anybody that can answer it. How do you get people multiple credits for hiding a cache, such as an event because there is going to be three+ people working on this event and I want to make sure that we all get credit! If anybody could respond with an intelligent responce that would be great! :o

I think what he's saying is that more than one person put time and effort into creating a fun event and only one can get credit for it? That doesn't seem right because how can one judge who gets the honor. I know it doesn't really matter but it would be better to havee a multiple hider option.

Ooo and also can one have multiple event cache finds if ther's more than one in the loop at the event?

yep.

I agree with "one owner", but I would personally prefer to claim an assist as a co-hide than a find. There are folks (other than myself) who feel that co-hider/helper should not claim it at all since thier name is in the "hidden by" text field.

This is a really hot issue that would be resolved if there were a way to register co-hides.

What would be the best way for the owner to be able to record these to ensure accurate and proper credit?

I think what he's saying is that more than one person put time and effort into creating a fun event and only one can get credit for it? That doesn't seem right because how can one judge who gets the honor. I know it doesn't really matter but it would be better to havee a multiple hider option.

Ooo and also can one have multiple event cache finds if ther's more than one in the loop at the event?

Out of all the events that I've helped out with, only one do I have credit for. It's not the numbers, but the fun that counts. And we're looking forward to having a lot of fun. :rolleyes:

Credit for all those putting it together can be listed in the cache page discription and the placed by who section (such as Watermark cache or the Coffee Gatherings have). As it was pointed out, only one cacher gets the posting credit (and they become the email contact as well).

IMHO, everyone that puts a gathering together should also log it as a find. I know this is not everyone's opinion but since there's so much time invested, I figure it's a cheep price from getting us together. :D