Post Your Favorite Ne Cache Log Photos

JMBella

Here's one of the nicest photos I've seen in a while on one of my caches. This was taken by Pete (Macatac). I sharpened up the colors and cropped it a bit but the photo is really nice.

9ea2f671-fc89-4cca-a824-0c2d3720a4b9.jpg

BTW: You might recognize that Lighthouse from a movie. I'll send a mini Lock and Lock Cache, fully stocked, to the first person to name that movie. :o

Looks alot like Amity Island from Jaws.

This might be my favorite cache picture. It was Team Bam Bams's own Cigar store Indian for a locationless cache. Not much on scenery, but it still burns him up.

75546ea7-f7fe-4863-9d4a-35742f6a7d7a.jpg

Notice him getting engaged in the corner.

Edited by BMSquared

625967e9-85b0-414b-a506-879f6ba99a01.jpg

The moment I took this shot, I felt the awesome power of Nature. To see these dark, gray ominous clouds sweeping by gave me chills.

This picture was taken at the Lake View cache in the Ramapo Mtn. just when a storm was blowing over Ramapo/Wanaque. Called home the next moment and my wife said it was pitch dark and pouring like mad at home. Not a drop fell on my head the entire time.

Back on topic...

Compare and contrast - both taken from almost the identical spot (not far from the Hesiod cache (GC8AB)) on Hook Mountain

Sort of had the same thing happen to us. Squealy, Avroair and I took a hike the week after Quoddy hit the same set of caches. Quoddy was raving about the view and that "Once here, I didn't want to leave. The promised views are, if anything, under-rated. This was spectacular!".

Well, here's what the 3 of us saw that day at Fire on the Mountain:

4002c159-f5b0-4a90-89b2-9ea3a67de39d.jpg

And no wise remarks about the view being ruined because of Squealy!

Edited by Team DEMP

>>>> Picture deleted by the National Security Agency under the authority of the Patriot Act <<<<

Ok....so the original post was just a REALLY funny pair of pictures - but people seem so touchy lately - it probably would have just ticked someone off ....so - I'm deleting the post and sticking with the Patriot Act story (although I am happy to see Demp got a chance to appreciate the humor before I deleted the pics!)

Edited by HartClimbs

Submitted by StayFloopy at my Lighthouse Overlook cache. The same cache as Macatac's photo above.

a7bd1e3e-4360-423a-ba64-097ee8ce9beb.jpg

The deer in parts of Long Island are sadly waaaay too used to people and have become dependant on them. The really sad thing in this case is that my cache is very close to the parkway. You can literally hand feed and pet the deer in this and a few other areas.

Edited by JMBella
I don't understand how to download a picture. I don't seem to see where you can do this.

What you can do is go to the image you want to show here, which according to the thread should be someplace in a log. When you have the picture up on your screen, right mouse click over it and select Properties from the menu. It will show the URL of the image. Highlight that entire http: //.....jpg name and right click again and select Copy. Then click Cancel on the dialog, come back to your post here in the forum and where you want the image in your post, click the IMG button above the area you type your post in. In the pop-up window, right click and select Paste and it will put the image URL into the box. Click ok and viola.

Submitted by StayFloopy at my Lighthouse Overlook cache. The same cache as Macatac's photo above.

a7bd1e3e-4360-423a-ba64-097ee8ce9beb.jpg

The deer in parts of Long Island are sadly waaaay too used to people and have become dependant on them. The really sad thing in this case is that my cache is very close to the parkway. You can literally hand feed and pet the deer in this and a few other areas.

man she dont look to healthy, if i shot her during hunting season i think id dispose of her...

aj

I guess I'm an illiterate computer user. Tried several times to upload a pic and I can't seem to do it! :huh:

Lets see if I can post the specific steps...

1) Go to http://www.geocaching.com/my/upload.aspx which should upload an image to your gallery (and not have it associated to a specific cache).

2) On the page above, click the Browse button and navigate your hard drive to the image (should be JPG)

3) After you click the Upload button you should be taken to the page that shows the image. Right click the image and select Properties from the popup. Highlight the Address (URL) value in the pop-up window (might be multiple lines) that starts with http: //..... and right click and select copy.

4) Come back here and where you want the image displayed, click the IMG button above where you type your post and right-click and paste in that URL.

------------------

If you already have the image uploaded to a specific cache page, go to the cache page, bring up the actual image you upload and start at step 3 above.