Geocaching In Munich

MysteryLady

Yes, there are some Free Online Translation Services available out there. ;)

Try some of them and pick what you think is best (or not so bad :lol: ) .Just "copy & paste" the cache's description into input text box, choose the source and destination languages and it'll translate the text for you - Don't try to present an important text translated with an online translator :lol: But, to understand a cache description... will work. :cry:

Quite a few German caches have English descriptions. You might want to go for some of those. Some placers will be embarrassed to reply if you ask them for an English version, as they may not consider that their English is good enough.

Also, if you do get a reply, make sure you indeed visit the cache. There's nothing worse than making a special effort to help someone and have it go to waste.

There are also some "untranslatable" caches, where you need to speak German (or whatever language) to decode the clues on the way. So try not to pick one of those - see previous paragraph :lol:

Also, if you do get a reply, make sure you indeed visit the cache. There's nothing worse than making a special effort to help someone and have it go to waste.

This is why I never asked any translation myself before my trip to German speaking countries. (Granted, I speak a little German myself.) I couldn't be sure if I was going to search for those particular caches, and it would've been embarrassing not to go search them.

It would be so much simpler if people could just take the trouble of providing even the simplest translations of their caches in English (which, I think is the most spoken second language in the world). Or at least the information that it can't be translated.