What is a BFL?

Daveyboy

Can you give us a link or links to where you've seen it?

But if it's Dagg's log on 'Wet Feet' by Emanuel, then I've no idea. That's a very cryptic log. For anyone who's interested, it just reads 'GPS BFL FRS BEER TNLN DAGG'. TNLN is 'took nothing left nothing' and I know what beer is icon_biggrin.gif but the rest's a mystery.

Bill

FRS-Family Radio Service/system?

So far on google I've got BFL: Bassing Fishing League, Baptist for Life, Birds in Forested Landscapes, belgian american football league, Brackenridge Field Laboratory, Body-for-Life,

Berkeley Futures Limited, Back Focal Length, Beamforming Lens, Big Fat Liar, Bomb Fall Line, Break For Lunch,

But none of those seemed to related to Geocaching...So i'm really no help icon_smile.gif

If you are stumped on any names for any of your caches, here are several excellent possibilities: each one is better than just the default "Geocache"!

quote:
Originally posted by Fallenfaery:

So far on google I've got BFL: Bassing Fishing League, Baptist for Life, Birds in Forested Landscapes, belgian american football league, Brackenridge Field Laboratory, Body-for-Life,

Berkeley Futures Limited, Back Focal Length, Beamforming Lens, Big Fat Liar, Bomb Fall Line, Break For Lunch,

You must be present to win.

Seems the only real BFLers are us here on Vancouver Island, Canada. BFL, for you unenlightened ones, is a big freakin' light. Given with much generosity to most of the Victoria-area cachers by Team KFWB GPS.

As for Dagg's log: Most people here should know what a GPS is, also an FRS, and hopefully you know what BEER is!

Maybe you just gotta be one of us hard-core cachers...

quote:
Originally posted by MountainMudbug:

That is one BIG freakin' light! Cool icon_cool.gif

This one is even bigger icon_eek.gif

B000077CPB.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

3,000,000 candlepower

"Ich erhielt zwei Drehscheiben und ein Mikrophon"

[This message was edited by Illiterate Wino on April 22, 2003 at 06:43 PM.]

A little BFL envy, I believe DBBFL would be the appropriate acronym for the Wino's pic. Double Barreled BFL.

This would only be a guess as I have not yet graduated above my own BFL, but, if I had to bet, that would be it.

Some of the other Victoria Cachers would know for sure.

There is a thread( I would link to it, but I'm not 'puter literate), in the Canada forum where DAGG explains all FL acronyms.

quote:
Webling:And I thought BFL was a Big Fat Liar.

Mee to . That's what I have used since teendom.

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane