Need Map Data Fast

crash331

You could go to LimeWire.com, and download LimeWire - or use any Kazaa-like software. Since you'd have to pay Garmin the unlock fee, I don't see anything wrong with doing that.

But be vewy, vewy careful - executable files are involved, and you never know WHAT you might catch :P

You'd be wise to just pay the extra $20 :D

Edited by Neo_Geo

GARMIN DEALER LOCATOR

Contact prospective dealers to see if they have the maps. Some dealers only sell the GPSrs. I got a Legend at BestBuy once and they didn't have any maps. REI might be a good bet. But if you buy retail, then you're probably gonna spend MORE on the price than you would if you bought online and have it overnighted :D

Keep in mind that AMAZON.COM is selling verion 5 for $107.99. You'd then be eligible for the FREE UPGRADE to version 6 (because you're buying the older version after a newer version has been released)!

If you're not careful, you might end up "spending a dollar to save a dime"! :P

Don't forget that time is money! Your time spent calling around to see if they have it and going out driving around to pick it up is worth something too! :D

Edited by Neo_Geo

Oh my God....

I will never order from Amazon in my life again!

I placed the order at 11pm on Sept 1st. I pay $20 for one day shipping thinking it will leave the warehouse on 2nd, and be out for delivery on 3rd....

But nooo, Amazon is going to sit on it until the 3rd, and give it to FedEx the night of the 3rd, and I will get it the 7th!

I emailed them and told them to cancel the order. False advertisement of 1-day shipping since they take 2 days to "process" it before FedEx even gets it!

Hell, as far as I know, they could send it tomorrow by ground and take the shipping profit. I'd get it the same time.. :lol:

Hmmmmm... bad timing. Don't know what to say.

I live in the DC area. When I order from them, they ship via UPS out of Delaware. That puts me within one day of UPS's ground service - meaning that even though it goes ground, it actually arrives the NEXT DAY. So, I always order using their FREE SHIPPING. They SAY it'll take 5 to 9 days when I do that, but it always arrives in a couple of days.

Example: I bought 3 DVDs on a Sunday afternoon and used free shipping. They tell me, "yeah - be patient - you'll get your stuff sometime." But they filled the order and shipped on Monday, and I got my stuff on Tuesday.

They PROBABLY would fill and ship your order tomorrow, but they just tell you it'll be an extra day (or 3 days in this case because of the weekend) just in case.

Oh my God....

I will never order from Amazon in my life again!

I placed the order at 11pm on Sept 1st. I pay $20 for one day shipping thinking it will leave the warehouse on 2nd, and be out for delivery on 3rd....

But nooo, Amazon is going to sit on it until the 3rd, and give it to FedEx the night of the 3rd, and I will get it the 7th!

I emailed them and told them to cancel the order. False advertisement of 1-day shipping since they take 2 days to "process" it before FedEx even gets it!

Hell, as far as I know, they could send it tomorrow by ground and take the shipping profit. I'd get it the same time.. :lol:

So let's see, you place an order on the 1st at 11PM when the Amazon.com warehouse in Seattle is closed, you expected the order to be processed.... tonight?

I would consider your expectations pretty unrealistic.

The order would get processed on the 2nd possibly the 3rd, with a guaranteed shipment by no later than the 3rd, and delivered on the 7th (which btw, would be next business day). That's not bad, but they typically will ship the same day as the order processing date given enough leadtime, which tonight would have been a great leadtime. Now, you could also ask for Saturday delivery but that would cost extra.

Whenever I ordered from them, they typically got the package delivered sooner than promised.

Ground shipment btw, would take until the end of next week to be received... that's a 5-7 (business) day delivery timeframe

No, Not process tonight in 1 hour. I di expect them to process it before the holiday weekend. It told me delivery would be the 7th right AFTER I paid, but nowhere before I paid did it say that it would take till the 7th for 1 day.

If there was a place that told me est. del. time before I bought it, then I would have no problems.

ANd ground shipment to where I live ususally takes 2-3 days tops.

Edited by crash331
No, Not process tonight in 1 hour. I di expect them to process it before the holiday weekend. It told me delivery would be the 7th right AFTER I paid, but nowhere before I paid did it say that it would take till the 7th for 1 day.

If there was a place that told me est. del. time before I bought it, then I would have no problems.

ANd ground shipment to where I live ususally takes 2-3 days tops.

I can see the misunderstanding so let's break this down a little bit so you understand how real business works.

Items

Shipping to: (obliterated for privacy - TL) United States 

Magellan Meridian Vehicle Mounting Bracket

$30.94 - Quantity: 1 - Usually ships in 24 hours

Condition: new

So it says here, usually ships in 24 hours

Considering your order was placed 11PM last night, that means the order will not even begin to be processed until the following business day (today). Give that 24 hours, and your ship date is the 3rd. Typically, they have been known to get it out the door same day, but they have to put that 24 hour notice in place for late orders put in just before end of business day.

Then I click Learn more next to the Shipping details and scroll down to next day shipment after selecting the correct shipping zone I'm in.

One-Day Shipping

1 business day

No weekend delivery; no P.O. boxes or APO/FPO

Signature upon delivery required for shipments over $400

So because it ships on the 3rd, and the next business day is the 7th (Monday is a holiday), that's the guaranteed date. That's not bad. I do stand corrected on ground shipment, it is 3-5 days unless you go super saver, then you can add 3-5 days to that. But again, they usually get it shipped and delivered earlier than promised because that is their goal. Federal regulations require it be spelled out to set expectations.

Again, my experience with Amazon.com as a consumer has been a pleasant surprise everytime upon delivery which has been consistenly earlier than expected.

Blah blah blah, excuses excuses. I really don't care how shipping works. I work in customer service at a major carpet wholesaler and I know that stuff can be shipped much quicker than 24 hours if people get things going the right way.

I ordered my 60CS from adventurestation, and I have nothing but good stuff to say about them. I ordered the 60CS at 3AM Tuesday morning, and I got it Wednesday at 3:15. That's 36 hours from the time I hit "Order" until it arrived at my door.

Of course adventurestation uses FedEx, which in my experience has always been about 500x better than UPS. THis is my first experience with amazon, however, and no matter if there are 15 reasons and excuses, I will probably bever order form them again...I will just go elsewhere.

And no need to break it down like I am a 5 year old. I understand what you are saying. But what you are saying is not good customer service.

Blah blah blah, excuses excuses. I really don't care how shipping works. I work in customer service at a major carpet wholesaler and I know that stuff can be shipped much quicker than 24 hours if people get things going the right way.

I ordered my 60CS from adventurestation, and I have nothing but good stuff to say about them. I ordered the 60CS at 3AM Tuesday morning, and I got it Wednesday at 3:15. That's 36 hours from the time I hit "Order" until it arrived at my door.

Of course adventurestation uses FedEx, which in my experience has always been about 500x better than UPS. THis is my first experience with amazon, however, and no matter if there are 15 reasons and excuses, I will probably bever order form them again...I will just go elsewhere.

And no need to break it down like I am a 5 year old. I understand what you are saying. But what you are saying is not good customer service.

Dude... you said...

but nowhere before I paid did it say that it would take till the 7th for 1 day.

So... I went to the page and broke it down for where they said it, and the math adds up. You weren't being treated like a five year old, I merely pointed out you failed to read the fine print. I could care less about what you got and when from any other company.

crash331,

Looking at your profile I see you are in Geogia. REI has 3 locations there:

Atlanta

1800 Northeast Expy NE

(404) 633-6508

Perimeter/Dunwoody

1165 Perimeter Ctr W Ste 200

(770) 901-9200

Buford

1600 Mall of Georgia Blvd

Ste 800

(770) 831-0676

I was at two REIs this past weekend (in the So Cal area) and both had City Select v6 there in stock. You may want to check out that option if any of the REIs are within reasonable driving distance from you.

Hahaha...hehehe...mmm....hmmm...you guys arent going to believe this!

It'll be out for delivery for tomorrow. ;)

Gotcha! This whole thread was a joke! Yeah, that's it! :lol:

Next time, give yerself more time and try their FREE shipping! You might be even MORE pleasantly surprized with their service! ;)