Looking For Best Florida Street Mapping Software

I have to do some work in an area in Florida that was damaged by the hurricaine. What software has the best accuracy for streets in the Sanibel area? I have to locate houses for documentation of damage.

I dont care if it is GPS dedicated/does *not* have to be downloadable, if I can cut & paste accurate coordinates. Mapsource Metroguide is in the mail to me now, but Ive heard that the accuracy is terrible in some areas.

What about the new version of Microsoft streets & maps 200(?5) ? Any others? What about on-line maps. What about DeLorme CD maps? I have their older map print pack - I see that there are new softwares from them - how is the accuracy for residential areas?

I have a Garmin 76s.

Thanks,

Paul

PS: I posted this in beginner's thread, but no one answered.

Edited for accuracy.

Edited by GeoPup&ShelpieGirl

I use City Select 6 and I haven't had any troubles with it. Since 6 just came out, you might be able to get a copy of 5 pretty cheap. I had some slight trouble with newer neighborhoods with version 5. Version 6 seems to have all the updated info.

(edit...spelling)

Edited by Imajika

If you have a Pocket PC, Mapopolis autonavigation software is pretty good. Cable to a GPS or slip in a CF GPS right into the PPC and you can autonavigate around.

I was vafcationing in the Palm Beach area in July (boy was it it hot!) and the maps were fairly up to date. They use Nav Tech maps which are pretty acurate and one of the best sources.

You can try Mapopolis.com software for free for 9 days and download that county so you can check it out yourself.

Good luck

alan

From my memories of Florida, don't worry about having topo...There are maybe two bands across the whole state!!! Oops...did I say that out loud? :P All kidding aside, those of you in Florida, be careful!!!

Edited by 5