Most Accurate Florida Street Mapping Sofware?

GeoPup&ShelpieGirl

I have to do some work in an area in Florida that was damaged by the hurricaine. What software has the best accuracy for streets in the Ft. Meyers & Sanibel area?

I dont care if it is GPS dedicated, if I can cut & paste accurate coordinates. Mapsource Metroguide is in the mail to me now, but Ive heard that the accuracy is terrible in some areas.

What about the new version of Microsoft streets & maps 200(?5) ?

Thanks,

Paul

I''ve run MS S&T 2001 and 2003. Both are very good on street detail. Giving the exception of new developments. My only gripe is - for caching - it puts me on the wrong side of the creek. It wants to have me drive as colse as possible to the cache, and park. It doesn't reconize that a creek is there, to get to the cache. For plotting waypoints, it;s very good.

After you load your new mapping, get your updates as well. They may have the latest info you need.

BTW: Watch for the next storm! It's a power house. I just watched the late news and they are stating it's to hit land late friday night or early saturday . My better half just canceled her trip to Disney because of the new storm. Stay safe, if you must go. SF1 :lol:

If you just need urban areas, than I would suggest S&T 2005, you might also want to see if there is a state agency which has digital scans of the area available that would work in programs like Fugawi, OziExplorer or the freeware one who's name escapes me right now but I am sure someone can post a link to it.