Garmin 16mb Datacard.

I bought some GPS software on CD, along with a Garmin 16mb blank Datacard. I assume that it is a blank/empty datacard, it says "MapSource" on the datacard packaging. What do I have & whats it worth? Im not trying to get rich on this - I have a 76S that cannot use a datacard! Id rather see someone use & enjoy it in their geocaching.

I believe that it will fit a Garmin GPSMAP 295.

Ive been GPS'ing for about 1 week, so please bear with this "new pup" on the block :huh:

Any information on this: what it will work in, how much its worth, etc. is welcome.

thanks,

Paul

16MB card is not worth much since it would hold very few maps. However, someone might be thrilled to have an extra.

My stretpilot came with a 128MB card, so a 16MB card would not add much for me.

However, I bet someone would love to find it as a trade item in a cache! I'd certainly trade something nice for it just to have a minimal backup. .. .

I'm still using a 16 MB card that I bought for $35 a couple years ago in my eMap. Prices have come down and now I'd certainly choose a larger card, but even the 16 MB holds maps for a pretty big area - the whole SF Bay area and surroundings out to Sacramento and San Jose and the coastal corridor down past Santa Barbara. Not needing the auto-routing data saves some memory space. Back when I first got my eMap the 16 MB card was the largest size offered by Garmin.