Do You Honk At Them?

Du's Crew

What do yall (I'm from Texas) do when you see someone seeking your cache? I spotted someone the other day, so I just honked at them and waved when I passed. I had to chuckle, wondering if #1, they found it and #2 what they thought of someone with a car full of kids honking and waving at them when they thought they were being so INCONSPICUOUS!!!

Du's Crew

Spring, TX

What do yall (I'm from Texas) do when you see someone seeking your cache? I spotted someone the other day, so I just honked at them and waved when I passed. I had to chuckle, wondering if #1, they found it and #2 what they thought of someone with a car full of kids honking and waving at them when they thought they were being so INCONSPICUOUS!!!

Du's Crew

Spring, TX

What cache was it? We took my parents out caching on Sunday, and a car honked at us. LOL That would be funny.

I live close to Watcher in Woerner Woods

My little brother, Red Mage, has a micro placed along a fence at a park that we can see from our back yard. When ever I see someone finding it I like to just stand there and watch to see if they see me watching them. Then I check for their logs online to see if anyone mentions a strange guy watching then from across the field. :lol:

Du's Crew

Spring, TX

That's pretty funny...I was out at your Freidhof Klein cache a couple weekends ago and half-expected you to come out of the woodwork and honk at me (I looked pretty silly there for a while).

I've actually seen it several times as both of my caches are close to the house, I've contemplated honking, contemplated stopping and waiting until they return to their cars to thank them...unfortunately the times I've seen this I have been in a hurry so couldn't do anything other than grin.

I've recently picked up a new puppy for my daughter (Basset Hound) and fortunately get to walk him quite a bit...I try to get close to the caches but have yet to see anyone while on foot...if I did though I'd definitely at least say hi.

later,

Jim

If I am driving by and see anyone hunting a cache I've hidden or found, I will usually try to u-turn and go say hi if possible. I love the impromptu geocaching chats out in the wild. I generally wouldn't honk (it's against the law to honk your horn in Calif unless you are specifically doing so to avoid an accident).

--Marky

Honk at them? No that would announce my arrival. :lol: I prefer the stealth mode when I spot cachers looking for my urban micros. :lol:

There are several that I drive by as I leave work.

A deep voiced "Hey Waddya doing there usually does the trick. :cry:

April 3 by fishingfools (859 found)

Wimseyguy decided to scare the daylights out of me on this one. SL,

Thanks,

Fishingfools

April 3 by drfred (286 found)

Was looking for this one when wimseyguy drove up to make fun of me. After he left I found it within 2 minutes...

Edited by wimseyguy

I placed a cache in my front yard. I have had a chance to meet quite a few of the local geocachers this way. Most of the time, we aren't looking out of the windows. But I met a nice couple this morning. I have debated walking out and yelling, "Hey, who are you? What are you doing on my property?!" as a joke, but I don't think many people would think it a good joke. :lol:

YodaDoe