Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
RubiconJW

Echolink, Ham & Geocaching..

Anyone here use Echolink?? I saw a post down the board about IRLP but we have no access here in eastern Maine. There is an Echolink site in coastal washington county as well as statewide linked 2 meter repeaters. I notice lotta hams have hit my cache so thought I'd post a few freqs for the area near Machias, Maine

Echolink is KB1JOX-L 145.550 simplex...no tone Echolink info & download

Countywide W1LH/R 147.330+ PL 118.8

Linked sys K1HHC/R 146.670- PL 100.0 Linked system info

Best 73 & happy caching

de N1MLF

Just recently installed it in user mode only for now...... I would like to get it up and running soon as a link.

j.

We do !

F5MFO-L operates on 2 meters from JN19IB (close to Paris - Charles de Gaulle Airport)

Would be glad to talk about Geocaching on the air with you guys, since the topic is not so popular overhere, as well as we are not so many Ham Cachers in France... B)

best 73

Pat - F5MFO - Darkvaduke

Edited by Darkvaduke

Thanks for the links. I finally got EchoLink configured and working. It took me two days to work through firewall problems.

Feel free to contact me in the mornings.... KC9GMW.

Yep, I use echolink as well, would be great to have a site dedicated to geocache like they have for amateur satalites, emergency comms and others .....

Lets start a HF net ????

Cheers

Bob

VK2JMP

The only time I use Echolink is through a local link node. I don't connect through the internet. The local node is about 2 blocks from my house, so I can work it low power on a HT. :D

Jon KC9AXZ

www.kc9axz.com

I use Echolink every day and I have a Link on the air, look in area (5) for WV5V-L and feel free to connect. All FCC rules and reg's apply but it is on 24/7 unless power goes out or ISP goes down. Like I say feel free to connect up and sometimes there's a bunch of folks on and at other times no one is on.

73's

Continouswave WV5V :anitongue:

I installed it a while back. Probably will have to again since I recently wipied out my HD and started over.

I thought it was great since I don't have a radio yet (a problem I intend to solve this weekend at a HAMfest).

I'd gladly use it to converse with some other geocaching HAMs out there.