Inputing Cordinates?

linkerjpatrick

After you hone in on a cache (20 to 40 feet depending on conditions) you then have to search, as the caches have been hidden. Some are quite clever and are hidden in logs, under brush and behind objects. So getting there is sometimes just the beginning.

quote:
Originally posted by Shoebox:

After you hone in on a cache (20 to 40 feet depending on conditions) you then have to search, as the caches have been hidden. Some are quite clever and are hidden in logs, under brush and behind objects. So getting there is sometimes just the beginning.

Oh I understand that it's just that I'm new and haven't bought a GPS yet and all the screen shots I have seen have not shown the cordinates or them being input and I was sort of worried about getting one that didn't allow me to do that for some weird reason but I have since downloaded manuals in PDF format and have seen how to do that.

If you can, borrow a GPSr and play with it. That's how I got hook.. uh, started. A co-worker lent me his GPSr. It was a mapping unit and out of my price range, so I bought an eTrex at a local Wal-Mart. It's a small, basic unit that does the job. But at first, I had no idea how to manually enter a waypoint. I worked out that you need to mark your current location and then edit it to the coordinates you want to find. I don't have a serial cable for my eTrex yet, but I expect that at some point, downloading waypoints will be much more efficient. Hope this helps.