Garmin Vista $169.98 At Office Max

Bibba

I ordered mine on 9/15 with a delivery date of 9/24.  I got an e-mail yesterday (9/22) changing the status to delivered. ;)

Fingers crossed, is "Today" my day for delivery ??? But geeze, after I get mine, I'll miss all you guys on this forum !!

Yeah the fourm has been going on for so long. We all have been awaiting our GPS units to come in. Im glad i got mine yesterday...I have to find time to go caching now ;):P

Mine came yesterday too! I first got an email saying it was not available .. 2 hours later an email saying it shipped .. then it arrived.

Pretty cool, I used this type of GPS for my first month of geocaching. I returned it and got a different model. And now, I have it for far cheaper than I originally paid for it.

Another update:

My Vista arrived today!

Order Date: 09-12-2004

(sched.) Delivery Date: 09-22-2004

(actual) Delivery Date: 09-24-2004

THANK YOU OFFICE MAX! you guys ROCK!

(Bluedog, no - sorry, I am not on Yahoo IM - Hopefully you haven't piped in today because you got your unit and you're out at dog beach :mad: )

ordered mine Friday September 17th....

I just checked:

back-ordered until early October.

what makes me nervous is that there is no record when I input the "order number" into the website tracking check.....

but the order was found by the nice lady during the phone call, so I'm in the system anyway.....

I wouldn't worry too much about your order. My Dad ordered one and on Tuesday night he got an email saying that it was back ordered until October with no further information. By Wed. morning he got an email saying that it was shipped, and he had it by noon on Wed.

I ordered one too, and I got the shipping notice, and the next day got the unit by UPS yesterday, and to top it off, today I got an email saying that it was backordered!!!

Talk about the right hand not knowing what the left hand is shipping.

-John

ordered mine Friday September 17th....

I just checked:

back-ordered until early October.

what makes me nervous is that there is no record when I input the "order number" into the website tracking check.....

but the order was found by the nice lady during the phone call, so I'm in the system anyway.....

Yea, no worries - I got the "backordered until..." notice, and also had an order number that wasn't recognized by their website, not to mention the contradicting dates - but no biggie - it showed up anyway.

Another update:

My Vista arrived today!

Order Date: 09-12-2004

(sched.) Delivery Date: 09-22-2004

(actual) Delivery Date: 09-24-2004

THANK YOU OFFICE MAX! you guys ROCK!

(Bluedog, no - sorry, I am not on Yahoo IM - Hopefully you haven't piped in today because you got your unit and you're out at dog beach :) )

I wish I had been at the beach !!! I was at the dreaded work over the weekend. Did manage to squeeze in two finds Sat. night while out map shopping. Still waiting for my GPS.........Geeze, some people are taking cuts (JK) I ordered mine on Sept. 10th. Anyone here really good at puzzle caches, or is that a different thread ?

I just saw this posting and you all lucked out. I just checked Office Max and found this:

Garmin Etrex Vista GPS System.

Item # 20325319 , Style # 0100024300

EA 3-7 Business

Days $249.98

With Office Max it seems they have daily changes in their prices........check often !!! Could even try calling 1 800 283 7674 and see what they quote you as a price over the phone.

:blink:  Hip Hip Horray!  Seems like forever.. wait, what am I talking about?  It HAS been forever.  I order a Vista the first week of Sept and just got it today!  YaHoo! 

Thanks for the post ... from whomever found this deal!

Hmmm, what was your order date ? I'm from Sept. 10th and still waiting......<_<

I had to go check.. We ordered on Sept 8, and we're in California.

I ordered mined from Staples.com on Sunday with a price match from Office Max's $199 price - so my net price was $192. Then I redeemed a $15 rebate voucher that I had. Also, on the back of my staples catalog was an offer for a $25 voucher on your next order. So-- I actually got $40 off and free shipping. Sounds like Staples is shipping from Garmin directly - order is supposed to be here next week.. We'll see.

Just a note for anyone who ordered the Vista from OfficeMax and is still waiting to get it - according to OM policy,they can cancel any order that's backordered for 14 days or more. I called them up to check on the status of my order (I ordered on 9/14) and they were still backordered. I asked the lady to ensure my order was not cancelled, and she flagged my order as such. Anyone else who's waiting might want to do the same thing, otherwise they may just cancel your order. Better safe than sorry.

Just a note for anyone who ordered the Vista from OfficeMax and is still waiting to get it - according to OM policy,they can cancel any order that's backordered for 14 days or more. I called them up to check on the status of my order (I ordered on 9/14) and they were still backordered. I asked the lady to ensure my order was not cancelled, and she flagged my order as such. Anyone else who's waiting might want to do the same thing, otherwise they may just cancel your order. Better safe than sorry.

That is strange. I ordered another one around that date and I got both of mine the same day and I ordered my first Sept. 4.