Garmin Vista $169.98 At Office Max

Bibba

Okay folks. Contacted BDI and received this response.

Unfortunately you have been directed to our site in error. As you have placed your order with Officemax, you must contact them directly for any and all information related to this order.

And this from Garmin.

Thank you for contacting Garmin.

If it was ordered through OfficeMax, they will ship it to you once we ship

it to them. They place orders for several units at a time and they may have

placed their order to late to keep from running out.

Round and round she goes, where she'll stop nobody knows.

I guess its back to bugging OM.

(edit to add Garmin's response)

Edited by wvcoalcat

OK......Friday afternoon, I just got a call from Amy at Office Max. Amy said that Office Max will be getting the shipment of Vistas in the beginning of Oct. and it would be 7 to 10 (business) days until they were shipped. I asked her if they were going to cancel any orders and she said no. I asked her if the Vistas had been listed for 169 by mistake, but she didn't know....but the important part is that whomever ordered one will be getting one.......eventually. Amy did say that she had a massive amount of Vista orders to process.....smiles, Imagine that ???

I received the same email as the other poster, from BDI...... I'd love to stay in touch with this group of folks getting Vistas. I've only used my bf Rhino a couple of times and I know I am for a lot of "learning".

... I asked her if they were going to cancel any orders and she said no. I asked her if the Vistas had been listed for 169 by mistake, but she didn't know....

:) Any reason you can't just let it lay for awhile and give them a chance to fill the orders? :anibad: The more people that call acting like they did something wrong and want to make sure they are still going to get away with it seems like a poor strategy to me. PLEASE don't ask them if they are going to fulfill their transactions, as if they have a choice. The transactions are done - so lets be patient, and let them contact US if there is any problem. I think we are all more likely to get our Vistas this way, don't you?

They are no doubt reading this forum by now, so the cat is out of the bag. No need to feel that there is a "secret society" here plotting against OfficeMax and BestBuy, and whoever else... we are just consumers that took advantage of an advertised deal. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and let them handle it professionally as they should (and seem to be doing so far).

:lol::lol:

And GeoZues, that rebate says it is only good for products purchased through reduzco.com - but nice try, that would have been cool!

Just to keep everyone posted of changes in this thread-  I ordered on Sept 03 and just got notification today that my order shipped.

Sure is hard walking with my toes crossed as well as my fingers ;)

I'm glad to hear that. I ordered mine on Sept. 4 So I hope mine is Shipped soon.

I'm afraid to say anything........!!! Don't want to get chewed out for being impatient !! "ffergie" be carefull, your toes are gonna go to sleep on ya :unsure:

I'm afraid to say anything........!!! Don't want to get chewed out for being impatient !!

Awww... c'mon :P Bluedog, I didn't mean to "chew" like that... I apologize. I just wanted to interject my perception of the situation, that's all. I didn't mean to be dramatic (that's why I used Smilies :) ) and I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just think that if we play it cool, we will see more messages posted like the one from ffergie.

Just to keep everyone posted of changes in this thread-  I ordered on Sept 03 and just got notification today that my order shipped.

Sure is hard walking with my toes crossed as well as my fingers :P

I also ordered on the 3rd and got a similar message, though it's still a bit vague:

"Current Status: Your order is in transit or has arrived at its final destination"

Later on, it shows the "Status Code" is "DLV" - it was "OPN" earlier today. And then

it explains: "DLV - this item is being delivered".

I'll post an update when I actually receive it.

I'm afraid to say anything........!!! Don't want to get chewed out for being impatient !!

Awww... c'mon :P Bluedog, I didn't mean to "chew" like that... I apologize. I just wanted to interject my perception of the situation, that's all. I didn't mean to be dramatic (that's why I used Smilies :) ) and I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just think that if we play it cool, we will see more messages posted like the one from ffergie.

Smiles, yes dear, I know you are a sweety !!! (Wasn't referring to you either :) ) I'm taping my foot impatiently, gonna drive my BF nuts with his GPS. We went to look at a car I had been thinking of buying, on the way back, I pull out his GPS, hit "find nearest"...........the rest is history !

The following is the email I sent to Office Max; I urge you to do the same:

Subject: Order # ********, Garmin Vista GPS

I've tried calling Office Max's customer number regarding my order of a Garmin Vista GPS, order # ********.  I've received absolutely NO information other than getting the "runaround", not only from your "customer service" (and I use that term loosely) but also from Garmin.  The Vista, ordered on Sept. 6, 2004, with an expected delivery date of 3-7 business days, is "supposed" to be delivered today, Sept. 22.  However, the info on my order history page states that this unit has not yet shipped, yet, according to this page, is "OPN - item is in-stock".

Now, because I've been in touch with other Office Max customers who have also placed orders for the Garmin Vista, I know there is a problem with not only my order, but also with similar orders placed for the same model Vista GPS.  An honest answer would go a very long way in assuaging not only my fears, but also the trepidation of your other customers.  The email I received from Amy Washut from the Boise office (Sept. 16), only served to convolute the matter more so, as the customer service representatives accessible via the included telephone number were no more well-informed than those available by contacting the staff using the telephone number listed on the "Order History" page.

If there's a problem, then you should state the obvious; not only on your web pages, but by informing your "customer service" representatives so that they may pass along this information to other customers who are waiting, completely uninformed, for information on the status of their order(s).

Regards,

Ms. Tee King

:o

WooT!!! It has shipped.

Current Status: Item(s) shipped

Order Date: September 03, 2004

Recieved an email from Office Max, saying something very convoluted, and this is what I saw on the web site.

SCHWEET!

[giggling like a school girl]

-Bill(:D

Yesterday while outside gardening, the UPS truck stops a way from my house, I'm jumping up and down saying "pick me, pick me"..........UPS ude fires up truck and leaves.......I think he was "losted".....looks like no GPS for work this weekend.....

-Bill(:o

Yesterday while outside gardening, the UPS truck stops a way from my house, I'm jumping up and down saying "pick me, pick me"..........UPS ude fires up truck and leaves.......I think he was "losted".....looks like no GPS for work this weekend.....

My neighbors keep getting packages and I keep asking..."Got anything for me?"

-Bill(:o

My neighbors keep getting packages and I keep asking..."Got anything for me?"

"Smiles".........the wait is hard when we are all waiting to get out there and have some fun ! Yesterday I went to Dog Beach (a portion of Ocean Beach in San Diego that is a leash-free area) and scoped out a place to put my first cache. Found what I hope to be a really good spot. The cache will be more or less a remembrance for a boxer dog that has passed over to the Rainbow Bridge. I know I want to put lots of tennis balls for dogs in it, some film cannisters for poop bags "leave only paw prints" type thing. I am wide open for suggestion on what to put into the cache to make it a "worthwhile" stop !!! All suggestions welcome !!! Is it safe to assume that rawhide bones would be a no-no for a cache ?

Ordered on the fourth and got the "shipped" message today.

I know I've been impatient...

<snippage>

In my opinion, being impatient has nothing to do with this whole situation. The fact that Office Max refused to give anyone the straight scoop is what bothers me. My order status never changed once until a few minutes ago, when I received an email saying my order had shipped and the status changed to DLV (as opposed to OPN, meaning open and that my GPSr hadn't shipped).

If you make a mistake, own up to it. If you don't know the answer, say so, or try to find the information. However, don't shrug your shoulders and say, "I dunno". Doing so shows an utter lack of respect for the customers who have made Office Max (or any other company) a success. Personally, I feel we deserved better. Don't get me wrong...I'm tickled that I'll eventually be receiving a new GPSr for an outstanding price, but, to be honest, I'd have paid a little more not to be yanked around. Going out of my way to be nice and avoid confrontation is my normal mode, but sometimes being a doormat gets really old.

JovialiTee is having a bad week...sorry for the rant, peeps.

Smiles, yes dear, I know you are a sweety !!! (Wasn't referring to you either :o ) I'm taping my foot impatiently, gonna drive my BF nuts with his GPS. We went to look at a car I had been thinking of buying, on the way back, I pull out his GPS, hit "find nearest"...........the rest is history !

<blushes> :D Thanks Bluedog :D Hopefully yours will arrive today! (you placed your order way before mine - see below).

Looks like the good news keeps rolling in...

Current Status: Your order is in transit or has arrived at its final destination

Order Date: 09-12-2004

Delivery Date: 09-22-2004

Hopefully today!

The following is the email I sent to Office Max; I urge you to do the same:

I urge everyone to keep playing it cool and continue to give them some good ol' breathing room. It seems to be working!

Joviali, I hope your week is getting better quick :o Hopefully you will have a new Vista dropped into your lap any time now!

Smiles, yes dear, I know you are a sweety !!!  (Wasn't referring to you either :o )  I'm taping my foot impatiently, gonna drive my BF nuts with his GPS. We went to look at a car I had been thinking of buying, on the way back, I pull out his GPS, hit "find nearest"...........the rest is history !

<blushes> :D Thanks Bluedog :D Hopefully yours will arrive today! (you placed your order way before mine - see below).

Looks like the good news keeps rolling in...

Current Status: Your order is in transit or has arrived at its final destination

Order Date: 09-12-2004

Delivery Date: 09-22-2004

Hopefully today!

Where's my phone ?? Got's to call !!! Dog Beach new Geocache sight awaits my creation ! Hey, do you use yahoo messenger ?

Mine arrived today. Ordered Sept 3.

ahhh... Now to find some free time to cache...

Aaaaaaaaaaaah, its nice not to have angst.

Unit arrived today after I'd given up for the day. UPS was running late.

Been playing with it a little and it looks to be just what I expected.

Heck with finding time to go caching, I'm going to MAKE time. :o

I also ordered on the 3rd and got a similar message, though it's still a bit vague:

"Current Status: Your order is in transit or has arrived at its final destination"

Later on, it shows the "Status Code" is "DLV" - it was "OPN" earlier today.  And then

it explains: "DLV - this item is being delivered".

I'll post an update when I actually receive it.

I got mine yesterday (ordered on the 3rd). FYI, it shipped UPS ground from Atlanta, Georgia.

I ordered mine on 9/15 with a delivery date of 9/24. I got an e-mail yesterday (9/22) changing the status to delivered. ;)

I called Officemax and got the UPS tracking number. Upon checking with UPS, I found that it is on time and scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (9/24), which was the original scheduled delivery date.

Edited by Richard&Jennifer