Server Too Busy Today

MileHighAko

I hope you realize that I was kidding (kinda).

We just want to make sure you know EVERY SINGLE TIME we get a server too busy error. :huh:

I trust that everything will be Okey-Dokey in just a short - however the error message I'm getting now is a little more disturbing:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /cache_details.aspx

Edited by Markwell

I've been logging finds most of the day, and aside from 10 minutes of server errors, the site has been blazing fast. This coming off a 3 day holiday weekend, and what looks to me a record week for cache logs. Looks like the site is about to break 80,000 logs in the last week, that's the highest I've seen it.

80,000 logs and the servers have only burped for a few minutes?

GREAT JOB JEREMY! THANK YOU!

I've started using a direct link from GSAK to log the cache. Makes it much quicker then nagivating to cache pages and clicking to log the find. I think if the load is late in the day, it's the logging portion (and how folks get to finally log) that is the "bottleneck", so maybe the prev thread on optimizing logging (and if more folks use tools that optimize it for them), things would be better for everyone.

hehe. I just about jumped out of my pants.

Now, then, Jeremy, if you do, in fact, jump out of your pants, please feel free to post pictures. I now return you to your normally scheduled program.

:huh:

Seriously, if you don't want the messages (and regardless of if you were joking, listen to this anyway, dang it!), don't come on the site after a weekend (that means monday normally, tuesday after a three day), don't come on when it's after work time for the masses of cachers, don't come on in the morning before you go to work.... 2 pm on a thursday ought to do it. Or 3 am on a wednesday. Either way.