Found A Multi Cache Container In Basingstoke

Lassitude

This is really odd. Whilst caching today I attempted a new one near Basingstoke (GCKD28 Bluebell Woods Cache). This was a normal cache.

Anyhow I got a bit lost on the way to the location and in the middle of a clearing in a little wood next to a pond (N51 17.408 w1 1.776) I found what appears to be part of a Multi cache. It is a small Sistema tupperware box - one of those ones with clue locking tabs on the side. The container was opened and discarded along with its contents: A pink slip of paper with the location for a final cache along the river lodden not far from Old Basing. I do not want to give away the location and did not check it personally though I may well do if I cannot get any insight into this with this post.

The really odd thing is that I tend to do all the caches in this area. There is only one I did not get to do in Basingstoke and that was One by Team Paradise that is now archived.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

thanks

Chris

This is really odd. Whilst caching today I attempted a new one near Basingstoke (GCKD28 Bluebell Woods Cache). This was a normal cache.

Anyhow I got a bit lost on the way to the location and in the middle of a clearing in a little wood next to a pond (N51 17.408 w1 1.776) I found what appears to be part of a Multi cache. It is a small Sistema tupperware box - one of those ones with clue locking tabs on the side. The container was opened and discarded along with its contents: A pink slip of paper with the location for a final cache along the river lodden not far from Old Basing. I do not want to give away the location and did not check it personally though I may well do if I cannot get any insight into this with this post.

The really odd thing is that I tend to do all the caches in this area. There is only one I did not get to do in Basingstoke and that was One by Team Paradise that is now archived.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

thanks

Chris

I've just checked my track log for the day I did Grand Tour Basinstoke - (12th Oct 2003, sad aren't I?) and the co-ords you have supplied are approximately 3/4 mile away from the nearest point to the route we took when completing the cache.

This suggests that the container you found was either:

1. Not part of the Grand Tour of Basinstoke cache or

2. it was - and some muggle stole/removed it!

Not a lot of help I'm afraid.

So what I am looking for is a multi cache ith an end point along the river Loddon near Old Basing. As it happens I checked the end point of the cache and it is within about 1/4 mile of the waypoint above.

Is there any way of viewing archived caches or can somebody shed some light on this?

thanks

Chris

:)

QUOTE (The Wombles @ Aug 29 2004, 11:08 PM)

Perhaps it was one of Robin L***lock's caches? 

Can't be one of his. There were no CDs in it. 

Alex, Alex, Alex......doesn't that bring the memories back?

Edited to use the flippin smilies!!

Edited by GAZ