Help! Partial Cache Creation

TheNomad

Hey TPTB,

My daughter and I were reporting a geocache when a very strange thing happened. It appeared to create the listing, but trying to view it is resulting in an error. It seems to be an R.I. issue where only part of the listing was stored. :rolleyes:

----------------------

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Geocaching.UserViewBehaviors.RemoveOldEntries() +170

Geocaching.Throttling.GetViewerRating() +170

Geocaching.Throttling.ThrottleUser() +5

Geocaching.UI.cache_details.BuildCachePage() +92

Geocaching.UI.cache_details.Page_UserLoggedIn(Object sender, EventArgs e) +56

Geocaching.UI.WebformBase.IsLoggedIn() +1061

Geocaching.UI.cache_details.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +324

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +753

-------------------------

Here is the URL:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...44-4bc7e884eb02

Anyone out there that can help?

Thanks,

Marc (The Nomad)

I don't think this is a problem specifically with your page. This looks more like a problem of overload on the server. Wait for a while until the server demand is down and try to view/edit it again. For verification try to open another cache page or a TB page and you'll more than likely get the same results. This happens frequently on weekends. Lack of disc space or server overload with everyone logging their weekend caching results.

Cache Well