Suction Mount For 60 Cs

You probably already know this.... I'd return it and buy one of the RAM mounts. Expensive yes, but I had visions of my 60C falling off the window... Not good.

I bought one with the locking suction mount and aluminum arm from gpscity.com for $39, well worth it in my opinion. I'll try to post a pic.

M

60Cincar.JPG

Edited by MSSP
Suction Mount ... can't seem to get it to stick on my car's windshield. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Yup. Here are the secret of successful suction mountings, in excruciating detail:

- Figure out excatly where you want the mount.

- Clean the desired glass area with rubbing alcohol.

- Completely wet the glass and the suction cup. *

- Press just the suction mount (without the GPS on it) where you want it.

- Towel or sponge dry the mess you made in the surrounding area.

- Don't put the GPS into the mount for a few hours, don't even touch it.

* I think this is the step most people miss - they try to get by without making a mess and use too little water, just on the suction cup.

...locking suction mount and aluminum arm ... $39, well worth it...

I have to disagree. I got a cheap, generic suction mount for $10 at a hardware store about two years ago. It's never fallen off the windshield. Nor have any of my GPSs fallen out of its grip.

I see these things often in various cheap discount merchandisers, labeled "Universal Phone Mount" or "Euro-Style Phone Mount", for pretty much the same $10-$15. Radio Shack has (or used to have) the same item under p/n 17-552.

Aside from being cheap, it really is almost universal - you don't need a different cradle for every gadget you might want to mount.

Here's a picture. I couldn't get a good shot of it in the car, so I brought it inside and stuck it on top of the TV set. It still isn't a good picture, but it's the best I could do.

mount.jpg

Edited by lee_rimar
Bump

Did that make your suction mount jiggle? :P

I kn ow what you meant about jiggle though - unless you have something with a pretty solid frame, it's gonna move around a lot on a bumpy road.

On the other hand, I've never had a problem with letting the mounted unit rest against some part of the dash. If it's not on the dash fairly close to me, I can't reach the buttons!