"joined" Date

If you look to the left of each and every forum post, under the username a "joined date" is listed.

Up until today, the date listed under my name has always been off by one day. Now, it is correct and agrees with the date that my geocaching.com "profile page" has always displayed.

So I wonder:

Have your forum and profile page "joined" dates always matched (or been correct?)

What change or update was made to the forum software that corrected the information?

Oh, this is truly weird. I viewed this page a minute ago while logged out, and the date under my name on the OP was incorrect. (Logged out, it reads 28 August 01.) I just logged in, and the date on the same post reads 29 August 01, which is correct. Very weird. Must repeat experiment.

EDIT: Same thing; logged in both of my posts show my joined date as 29 August 01. Logged out, both are displayed as 28 August 01. Robespierre, I see your joined date as 20 August 03 logged in or out.

Edited by BassoonPilot
If you look to the left of each and every forum post, under the username a "joined date" is listed.

Up until today, the date listed under my name has always been off by one day. Now, it is correct and agrees with the date that my geocaching.com "profile page" has always displayed.

So I wonder:

Have your forum and profile page "joined" dates always matched (or been correct?)

What change or update was made to the forum software that corrected the information?

Any chance you changed your time-zone settings in the forums? Date/time values are often stored as the number of seconds that have elapsed since some specific point in time. If the date was originally stored based on one time-zone, and is now being converted for output based on a different time-zone, that could cause the date to change.

And if you did change your time-zone setting, it's possible that it wouldn't take effect until you logged out and back into the forums.

Any chance you changed your time-zone settings in the forums? Date/time values are often stored as the number of seconds that have elapsed since some specific point in time.

Good points, but no, I haven't changed anything. As of today, the "joined date" displays correctly when I am logged in. It is displayed incorrectly if I am signed out. In the past, it was always displayed incorrectly.