Are Polls Fair?

Jeremy

Are polls fair and balanced?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Polls should be a Premium-Members-Only Feature, in addition you should charge the Poll Originator (PO) $15 per poll choice, payable in advance via PayPal. Actually you will see a lot of Yes/No type polls in that event.

Example 1:

Are Polls Fair?

Yes

No

----> That would cost the PO $30 to originate, since there are two choices, Yes, and No.

Example2:

Are Polls Fair?

Yes

No

Maybe

Cheese

Girls

Fred

Round the Monkey's Back we Go

----> That would cost the PO $15x7 or $105 since there are seven choices.

All proceeds from the Premium Only Poll Origination Fee would go toward providing a Dedicated Server for premium members so we don't have to endure site slowness and can log our finds without waiting or experiencing crashes.

Edited by lowracer

It should cost $50,000 annually to register a car. The procedes from this could go towards paying off the national debt, and improving roads and schools, feeding the poor, etc. Lets see, there are millions of cars on the road. Heck, this nation would be in super shape within a year! :lol:

I read these forums regularly and can't remember the last time I saw a poll, let alone one that was meaningful. I've even wondered why the button was still there.

If Jeremy is considering scrapping the polling feature, it would be fine by me.

To cut down on horribly designed polls: make them a premium member feature, make it so you can only make one every 2 weeks or month, make it so that if you consistently make pointless polls, you will lose your polling privileges.

Do this, and polling is readily available, but there aren't too many pointless polls.

Just illustrating the pointless nature of polls.

This only illustrates the pointless nature of poorly designed polls.

Not everybody designs crappy polls - and not everybody is biased. You've emphasised some of the problems with poorly designed polls - not polls in general.

I REALLY wish that GC.com would poll premium members on things they'd like to see as well as other information.

Of course... I think you call that a survey. I know that you could do stuff fairly if it was designed and implemented properly. Will the average user have this ability? Maybe not... but I think the "brass" at Groundspeak is qualified.

Of course, I do not see how it could hurt anything in an "Off Topic" forum.

southdeltan

Part of the point is that 20 of the votes for one option came from one person.

Edit...Oops, didn't even look at the start date.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

To cut down on horribly designed polls: make them a premium member feature, make it so you can only make one every 2 weeks or month, make it so that if you consistently make pointless polls, you will lose your polling privileges.

Do this, and polling is readily available, but there aren't too many pointless polls.

I'd insist on a pay raise if I had to enforce subjective "pointless polls" standards. I am not sure about the hourly wage. It is less than I'd ask to be paid to review virtual caches again under the "Wow Factor" standard that my daughter invented, but more than I am paid now.