Where To Buy?

I will have to second GetFeetWet. I ordered my 60 CS from them last week. Got the GPS at the best price I could find, plus free shipping, a free extended warranty (2 years instead of 1) and a free Garmin T-shirt. This is the first time I have ordered from them but my transaction was great. Best of Luck

Thanks all for the replies. There are so many dealers on the net it is a hard decision.

I ordered my 76CS with auto kit, nylon case, and handlebar mount. The total from the-gps-place was $617 with shipping (due in next week). I'll post a follow-up once I have the unit in hand.

May I recommend GPSNow?

http://www.gpsnow.com/

I got my 60cs through them and they were wonderful!

I ordered using my credit card. The mailing address for my credit card is my PO Box but I wanted the GPS sent to my home since I was getting it overnighted from FedEx. About an hour after I ordered online, GPSNow called me to verify I really had ordered the GPS. They said they always did that if the shipping and billing address were different to prevent credit card fraud. I thought that was cool of them to do. Most stores wouldn't even bother.

A lot of their items are on sale right now too. Check them out!

I'll put in a 2nd vote for GPSdiscount. Great prices and fast service. They've sent me a free t-shirt with every order :lol: even my last piddly $45 order.

Ditto, and a 3rd vote for gpsdiscount.com. I've gotten mad at times but I'm going back for my third unit from them. There reaches a point when the margin just can't be lowered, the T-shirt is nice (not cheap), and you can get a nice perk if you have the unit shipped to a business address.

I'll put in a 2nd vote for GPSdiscount. Great prices and fast service. They've sent me a free t-shirt with every order :D even my last piddly $45 order.

I'll put in a third vote for GPSDiscount. I've had good service from them on three orders. I originally ordered my 60C from getfeetwet.com but it turned out they didn't have it in stock and I had a deadline. They did gratiously cancel my order the next day.

Bought Garmin 60cs from GPSonSALE. Placed order at 1600hrs on 21 April. Had E-Mail back by 1630hrs saying that three of the items ordered were in stock and ready to ship. I'd requested overnight delivery at the time of order and recieved another notification that the order was picked up by FedEx with a tracking number. The 60cs, AC adapter, and cigarette power adapter were at my door at 1000hrs the next morning. The windshield mounting bracket was not in stock but arrived about three days later. The price for the 60cs was 409.99.

:lol: I ordered a 76CS from getfeetwet.com at 1AM Wednesday morning. I hoped they would ship Wednesday. Colin ( whom I got via the chat window ) tell me he will make sure it gets out today. I paid extra for 2-day Air, so I might get it on Saturday ( for weekend Geo-Caching ) If not by Monday. I will repost here to let you all know how it works out.

I think the deal was exceptional - extend the Warranty by a year ( they claim worth $75 ) and the free shirt is nice also..

Based on the price you have to beleive they are operating a pretty thin or efficient shop, so I take that into account. I work for a Giant Company, so , I am aware that often a small guy can do things quicker ......

:lol: Update, it is now Thursday Eavening 7:30 EST I have not received an update that It was sent. They say on their website that you will recieve tracking info within 2Hrs after they mail it, they also say they ship 99% of orders same day .... I tried the chat thing again, but no one picked up so I sent an E-Mail asking if it had been sent. I'll keep this up for another day, then point out I am doing these posts, If they don't send it by Monday, I will cancel

As soon as it is sent, I will give them credit, and let you know as soon as it arrives

:cry:

Update: They sent it out yesterday at 3PM PST. they did not notify me with the tracking number, but it was sent. It is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday after labor day. would have been nice to have it for the long weekend, but, we will live. Apparently UPS does not count weekends or Holiday days in their two day deal.

In any event, the tracking number went on the web page this morning.

I'm just excited to get started with GEO-Caching .....

Edited by Geo-Wolfs
I ordered my 76CS with auto kit, nylon case, and handlebar mount. The total from the-gps-place was $617 with shipping (due in next week). I'll post a follow-up once I have the unit in hand.

Update. I had ordered the unit on the 27th via standard UPS shipping. The unit arrived today. the-gps-place.com was very responsive during the ordering process and I had a tracking number the same day of my order. Now to read the manual!!

Update. I had ordered the unit on the 27th via standard UPS shipping. The unit arrived today. the-gps-place.com was very responsive during the ordering process and I had a tracking number the same day of my order. Now to read the manual!!

I thought about the handlebar mount too, but I have been known to crash, and I don't think I could risk more than the medical bills :rolleyes:

I ordered a 76CS from getfeetwet.com at 1AM Wednesday morning.

I ordered mine from them on Monday afternoon using UPS ground. According to UPS it went out the Tuesday, scheduled to be delivered on Friday and apparently it has. I'm not home at the moment so I haven't checked the condition.

Sep 3, 2004

9:42 A.M. HIAWATHA, IA, US DELIVERY

5:28 A.M. HIAWATHA, IA, US OUT FOR DELIVERY

5:27 A.M. HIAWATHA, IA, US ARRIVAL SCAN

3:02 A.M. DES MOINES, IA, US DEPARTURE SCAN

Sep 2, 2004

11:28 P.M. DES MOINES, IA, US ARRIVAL SCAN

7:16 P.M. LENEXA, KS, US DEPARTURE SCAN

11:09 A.M. LENEXA, KS, US ARRIVAL SCAN

Aug 31, 2004

3:43 A.M. SYLMAR, CA, US DEPARTURE SCAN

Aug 30, 2004

6:56 P.M. SYLMAR, CA, US ORIGIN SCAN

6:42 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

:blink: I ordered a 76CS from getfeetwet.com at 1AM Wednesday morning. I hoped they would ship Wednesday. Colin ( whom I got via the chat window )  tell me he will make sure it gets out today. I paid extra for 2-day Air, so I might get it on Saturday ( for weekend Geo-Caching ) If not by Monday. I will repost here to let you all know how it works out.

I think the deal was exceptional - extend the Warranty by a year ( they claim worth $75 ) and the free shirt is nice also..

Based on the price you have to beleive they are operating a pretty thin or efficient shop, so I take that into account. I work for a Giant Company, so , I am aware that often a small guy can do things quicker ......

:blink: Update, it is now Thursday Eavening 7:30 EST I have not received an update that It was sent. They say  on their website that you will recieve tracking info within 2Hrs after they mail it, they also say they ship 99% of orders same day .... I tried the chat thing again, but no one picked up so I sent an E-Mail asking if it had been sent. I'll keep this up for another day, then point out I am doing these posts, If they don't send it by Monday, I will cancel

As soon as it is sent, I will give them credit, and let you know as soon as it arrives

:huh:

Update: They sent it out yesterday at 3PM PST. they did not notify me with the tracking number, but it was sent. It is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday after labor day. would have been nice to have it for the long weekend, but, we will live. Apparently UPS does not count weekends or Holiday days in their two day deal.

In any event, the tracking number went on the web page this morning.

I'm just excited to get started with GEO-Caching .....

:huh: 76CS Arrived today all was well. The T-Shirt was nice, and The neopreme case that they sold me for $10 ( normaly $20 ) since they were out of a cheaper case that was a Clearence item was also nice.

I noticed that the City Select SW that came with the Auto Nav kit was Version 5 instead of the New Version 6. I called Garmin & they are sending me an update kit Free. Since the SW is $120 for V6 minus the $30 rebate Garmin is offering for upgrading the fact that Garmin will send the Update is a big dea to me.

And all together I am very happy with my purchase & with the experiance with getfeetwet.com & with Garmin.

Edited by Geo-Wolfs