Which Geocachers Are You Most Interested In Meetin

JoeCthulhu

I’ve been fairly active in the geocaching community in the VA/MD/DC area over the last, almost, two years. I’ve attended or organized an event in the area every couple of months, and met a lot of geocachers. But there are a lot of geocachers of whom I’ve read logs from and/or forum posts by who have eluded a face-to-face meeting.

Here are some of the names of folks I’ve wanted to meet:

Rambo the Cache Dog: hider of my first cache find, and hider of the cache closest to my home. She hasn’t been too active. I e-mailed her once about over a year ago, when she found a couple of my caches, and she informed me that Rambo had been recovering from lime disease. I hope all is well.

Jorgy: and he hasn’t been too active. Jorgy organize some of the first geocaching events in Northern Virginia.

The “B” Team: They’ve hidden some great caches, and great cache series, up in the Leesburg, VA area.

Kosarin: Great caches names.

Stayfloopy: When I started out, he was the 2nd most prolific geocacher in my extended region. Everyone I’ve met who has met him, also says he’s an interesting guy too. Interestingly enough, the first geocachers I ever met were CCCoopersAgency. I was wandering around without a GPS, looking for Rambo’s cache closest to my home, when I spotted them coming out of the woods. They were nice enough to talk to me for a while, and even let me borrow a GPS, so I could find the cache myself. They had about 1200 finds at this point, which was still more than anyone else in the game. Although, I didn’t know that until I looked them up later.

Hopefully one day I’ll get up to an event in NJ, and meet some of those guys too.

Robagd: in order to learn a little more about paintball etiquette, I’ve bought all the equipment over a year ago, and haven’t even used it once.

Phideo: He has some very clever caches.

The Leprechauns: To see if they are as entertaining as I think they would be.

Mopar/ Briansnat: Get a tour of the “good parts” of New Jersey, and because they are cool, funny, helpful guys

Desert Warrior: To ride his dog/horse. :huh:

Well, since I've already met most of the "locals" (and a few who aren't even close to local) whose name I see often enough to recognize, I'll venture out a little farther.....

Markwell....gotta wonder about anyone whose name has become a verb

Carleenp....just because

DruMorgan

JoGPS

CYBret

Renegade Knight

Lapaglia

Tahosha

umc

Team GPSaxophone

and some others I'm just not thinking of right now (it's been a long week) <_<

Of course, I always enjoy meeting any cachers, either 'on the trail' or at events or whatever

There's just so many....

I'd like to really meet Mr. Magoo and pick his brain for a while, since finding his caches are not very easy for me.

And King Pellinore, because if you ever did "Where To Go Vertigo", you'd understand why. Sick, twisted, mind!

We met King Pellinore at WTG?V! and he was in full costume (see photos in our logs). Very interesting. Never met Magoo though. He was a frequent visitor to my caches in north Jersey in the beginning, but he doesn't seem to make his way north much anymore. It would be nice to meet a NJ caching legend like Magoo.

Skully Muller et al.

Because I collect Geocachers as well as caches. let me explain

I dont actually collect them and put them in a jar... I just keep track

of WHO Ive met and where. I have met a few cachers but they have always aluded me. I have come close many times, just missing them by hours only to find thier log in a cache with the same date as mine (wycoff gardens). but yet they remain uncollected.

Also would like to meet Orange and Green, those two colorful people who placed the Cachers Deal, I still have Oranges card sitting in my 100th find waiting for him to pick it up(Unfinished business)

Retphoto for the Great Grandma TB,

and Kber

I would like to meet some of those North Jersey/NJ legends:

Mr Magoo

Briansnat

Bassonpilot

Scully & Mulder

Avroair

JM Bella

Natureboy

etc...

Hunting a few of their famous caches would be cool too! :rolleyes:

Wow - I feel pretty good.

Magoo - met him. Snat (aka Mopar) - met him. BP (aka BrianSnat) - met him. Skully (aka Mulder) met him. Avroair (aka Snat) met him. JMBella (aka Avro) met him. Natureboy (aka really mean micro hider!) met him.

That's a good list. I'd add Harrald, DBoggny, Kber, Kar of Team Shibby and WierdNJFan to the list (although I've met 'em, they're good fun!

Guess I have to get out more.

Snat (aka Mopar) - met him.

Now I'm confused. I thought I saw Mopar and Snat at the same event cache together. :D

Does that explain on you kept referring one as Lou Sluggo?

We been pretty fortunate to meet up with many of the local cachers. We've been even more honored to actually cache and hike with many of the locals!

Someday will be lucky enough to meet up with Team Nova12, Teacher Matt and crew, Zhanna and Rich in NEPA, and Dirty Bird and Big Nasty Brain.

BTW Scoobies, your cacher collection is creeping me out. I imagine a bunch local cachers being pickled or petrified, and stored in clear drums in your celler ... wait, that sounds a lot like one of Avroair's events! :mad:

I would like to meet some of those North Jersey/NJ legends:

<snip>

...JMBella

Geez, I hide one cache in N. Jersey and I'm already a NJ Legend. :D Thanks!!!

I'd like to meet NJ Admin, although I'm 99% sure I already have. NY Admin, not too sure about that one. I'd also like to meet Lep, Rusty o' Junk, ( /\ch3 |\|!nja and of course many more.

I would like to meet from New Jersey:

Mr Magoo

Natureboy44

Team Ekitt10 (both of them)

Harrald

HartClimbs

Kber

Team Shibby (both of them)

Brian Snat

JMBella (I am talking about he dog)

Squealy

StayFloopy

Skully & Mulder et al

Gwho

Jonboy

PerfectTommy

Planet

Mopar and GeoHo

TeePee

And... any other geocacher either at an event or on the trails...

:)

Mr Magoo

Natureboy44

Harrald

HartClimbs

Kber

Brian Snat

Squealy

StayFloopy

Skully & Mulder et al

Gwho

Jonboy

PerfectTommy

Planet

Mopar and GeoHo

TeePee

:P

Geez, Seems like half of these people were at your EVENTS... Maybe you need to hold off on the stout a little bit.

And to think, you didn't even list TIFFANY

Mr Magoo

Natureboy44

Harrald

HartClimbs

Kber

Brian Snat

Squealy

StayFloopy

Skully & Mulder et al

Gwho

Jonboy

PerfectTommy

Planet

Mopar and GeoHo

TeePee

:lol:

That's it folks, Avro has officially lost it.

:lol::cry:;):P:PB):lol::lol::cry:;):P:PB):wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Hey Ekitt10,

At least at MY events everybody doesn't have to pick up trash to get a meal!!!  :lol:

ROFL

That's right everyone eats a meal at your events and then gets trashed!

This fall we will host another event. It's called PTHE. (Paint the House Event)

Edited by ekitt10

great thread!My answer to this question is going to be quite small as I have already had the pleasure of meeting a lot of you fine folk!

I'll like to meet BassoonPilot, as he was my nemesis for quite some time way back when. If he has quit geocaching i'm not suprised, he had pretty much grown beyond it. Not a cache he couldn't find.

I'd also like to meet Stayfloopy, surely at the top of his game.

Magoo is an amazing cache hider, and I can never find his caches the first time out. Well, almost. :-)

Kitegirl and Natureboy as well, as their hides are notorious!

I suppose there has to be an "odd egg" or 2 out there, but I haven't met them. Every cacher I've had the pleasure of meeting on the trail has been just that, a pleasure to meet - and I've met quite a few. I keep hoping to attend a cache event because that would surely be a great way to put lots of names to faces, but most (if not all) events seem to be scheduled for Saturdays...and I work Saturdays :lol: (Don't take pity, Saturday is actually my Friday, and Friday is actually my Monday - only work 2 days a week :D )

Nor do I wish to slight anyone...from the famous to the infamous, I'd like the opportunity to meet all of you. Some names that come to mind immediately are; you JoeC, B-Team, Robadg, Gaiter Man, SBUX, Donbadabon, WearyTravler...and so many more. Cache or cacher - I'll keep look'in.

OK, I'm adding mtn-man to my list.

He's an admin from GA who just rejected my cache event, so it's just to give him a piece of my mind. Or at least to tell him why my event is in the spirit of the rules, and to tell him I could care less about the way they do things in GA.

Deep breath, take a deep breath.

He's an admin from GA who just rejected my cache event, so it's just to give him a piece of my mind. Or at least to tell him why my event is in the spirit of the rules, and to tell him I could care less about the way they do things in GA.

I'll be delighted to reject your cache event too, if you'd like to take cheap shots at the way they do things in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia.

He's an admin from GA who just rejected my cache event, so it's just to give him a piece of my mind.  Or at least to tell him why my event is in the spirit of the rules, and to tell him I could care less about the way they do things in GA.

I'll be delighted to reject your cache event too, if you'd like to take cheap shots at the way they do things in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia.

Keystone, I be happy for a 2nd opinion on the appropriateness of the event cache.

I don't think I made a crack about how they do think in GA. I simply said I didn't care. I've had admin reject caches before, and after requesting an explanation, received a thoughtful reply. I've got no issues with them. I feel I've got a pretty good relationship with an admin or too.

Rightly or wrongly, I'm picking up a level of arrogance from this particular admin I find appalling, and that is the main reason I brought the issue to the forums. I'm willing to try and work out the issue. It takes me a long time before I'll adopt a "take my ball and go home" philosophy may others have.

IMO everything an admin related to geocaching.com is public, as is anything I do. I realize admins have feelings, but so do us other poor schlubs who's submittals you sit in judgement of.

I think you've done a pretty good good patrolling the forums, as I've no other interaction with you.

I'm rambling, I know...