Bust Buy Has The Best Buy On Etrex Yellow's

I hope you have better luck then I did. I was advised that there were no units in stock in any of the stores in San Antonio, Austin, El Paso or Las Cruces, NM. I would have liked to pick up one or two for the kids. Best of Luck

I hope you have better luck then I did. I was advised that there were no units in stock in any of the stores in San Antonio, Austin, El Paso or Las Cruces, NM. I would have liked to pick up one or two for the kids. Best of Luck

Cool....a fellow Texan. <_< What other "markets did they check? There are a few in the Greater Houston area. See if they can get one "sent in" from the West Oaks Mall location. The person I spoke with said they showed some in inventory.

Took a bit of looking but I was able to find one in Houston, as you suggested. It is being send to a local store tonight. The employees in Houston were a pleasure to deal with, wish I could say the same for San Antonio. I spent 2 hours on hold waiting for them. Finally had to call another store but it was for the better. They called the Houston store, got it on the way, and then took the time to call me and let me know. Anyway, the units are out there but going fast. For 49.99 though it was worth the effort.

My local Best Buy is shipping one from there S. Atlanta store for me.

Be here Monday.

In the meantime I went next door to Sports Authority & they had one in stock & matched BB's price sooo, I'll have 2!

This is my first GPSr.

Went caching today. NF but had a great time looking & it was a absolute beautifull day.

I see now what all the fuss is about. I realy wanted a Legand so I mite sell or trade the unopen Etrex yellow, or both.

Bob

Picked up my Etrex from Best Buy today. They shipped it in from Sugarland, TX since there were none in stock in the district I am in. Since Best Buy did not have any accessories I was looking for (I had a coupon for $15.00 off purchase) I decided to go by Circuit City. Well CC had an Etrex on the shelf (nothing else for the Garmin though) and it was priced $99.95, on sale. I figured, what the heck and took it up to customer service to ask about price matching. Not only did they match it, but gave me an additional 10% on top of that. I paid $42.10 and headed out the door. I think Target has one, if they will do the 110% on CC price.......

Oh and the kids are now thrilled cause they each have their own, brand new GPS. No more having to share with dad.

Picked up my Etrex from Best Buy today. They shipped it in from Sugarland, TX since there were none in stock in the district I am in. Since Best Buy did not have any accessories I was looking for (I had a coupon for $15.00 off purchase) I decided to go by Circuit City. Well CC had an Etrex on the shelf (nothing else for the Garmin though) and it was priced $99.95, on sale. I figured, what the heck and took it up to customer service to ask about price matching. Not only did they match it, but gave me an additional 10% on top of that. I paid $42.10 and headed out the door. I think Target has one, if they will do the 110% on CC price.......

Oh and the kids are now thrilled cause they each have their own, brand new GPS. No more having to share with dad.

Glad to hear things went your way SAPD :rolleyes: I too got a call from my local store today saying that mine had arrived. I will pick it up in the AM, and quite possably take it and the reciept to another store for a price match + 10%

Circuit Sitty has given me the run around on there price match more than once.

I think they pay someone to find a excuse not to price match.

They don't get my business unless they have a great deal on somthing & then I'll shop around more before I grace there doors.

Wal-Mart has had them at $50 for over a year now. I bought 3 for the boys (Snap, Crackle & Pop) there a year ago and have sent several people there over the year to pick them up as well.

I chuckle when I see people on-line paying $75 0r $100 for these. I've posted this here before but it started a whole bunch of "you're crazy :D " type messages so I just let most of these threads slide without comment. I'm west of Chicago and was in a Wal-Mart Friday. The sign was there but they were out.

So consider this my part of keeping this thread alive another week or so. :lol:

Might be a regional thing at Wal-Mart. I was in three different Wal-Marts yesterday and all had them priced at $99.95. I know someone else had mentioned that Target was having a sale on their Garmin stock, but it has not shown up in my area either. I guess we can always try the price matching deal and see if Wal-Mart wants to play...

Edited by SAPD

Some Targets in the Seattle area had the eTrex Yellow on clearance for 49.98 and the Forerunner 201 on clearance for 74.98 -- again, these were clearance prices, not sale prices, and not all stores have these on clearance.

Of the 3 stores (within miles of each other) that I checked on Sep 1, one was selling them for full price, one for 30% off, and one for 50% off. Please note that Target will not price match clearance items at other Target stores (nor will other non Target stores do likewise). It seems that each Target is on their own when it comes to clearance items. It pays to be vigilant and you'll need to check weekly when you start to see items go on clearance. Wednesday's are usually the day they lower the prices from the previous week and they seem to follow this schedule -- 30% off, 50% off, then 75% off.

Check this thread I started in GPS Units and Software

BTW, I picked up a total of 4 Yellows for $50 each and 2 Forerunners for $75 each. It took two trips (Sep 1st & 9th) to get them. The 30% store lowered their prices to 50% the following week. As of Sep 16, the third store is still selling these items for full price. They may or may not clearance them. I'll check back weekly to see if they do.

I'm returning 2 Forerunners (son didn't want), 2 MetroGuides (got ST Maps instead of Legends), and some DC cables (will order on-line for combo PC/DC at a lower price). My strategy is to buy first when I see a good deal and then check with family and friends to see if they want any. I can always return an item if no one is interested.

Check your local Targets out. There may still be some stores with these on clearance.

tm

I work at the Target in my area in Pikesville, MD. I know for sure they arent clearance at my store, dont think they will as far as i know. You are correct about clearance. Clearance prices at Target is based on how well they are selling at the particular store. Sometimes the item is just selling very poorly so they put it on clearance for a good deal, and after a week or so it will go even lower in price. Clearance % rates are 15, 30, 50, 75, 90. After 90 they get put salvged out and sent to the nearby Good Will for credit. If you buy an item on clearance and it goes lower in clearance, they cannot adjust your clearance price to the new one like you can do with sale items within 14 days of the sale. A bit off topic but tryin to give you some insight on how targets work :lol:

According to the database search I just did online of all my local best buys (21209), they all have atleast one, probably more too!!! Might go snatch a few tommorow!

do not trust the online checker system. I have a post "somewhere" that said I did that, but when I called to verify they had zero. I would call first. They were able to search stores in the area and found a few and had one sent over for me.

According to the database search I just did online of all my local best buys (21209), they all have atleast one, probably more too!!! Might go snatch a few tommorow!

The online checking system is confusing - it *always* displays the 'nearest' stores... but they are greyed out if the item is not in stock at an individual store... ...of course if it's not in stock at *any* of them there is no indication so it ends up looking like its available in all of them - I ended up visiting my local store (called to confirm before I went but got cut off 3 times so I gave up on the phone). They had none in stock but the assistant there was able to determine that they had 2 in Dayton about 70 miles away..... so after a day trip to Dayton I was able to pick up both as Christmas presents ;)

Hi I am in Australia

Does anyone know if the Garmin Etrex yellow are still around at $US50?

Cos if they are I will happily pay $65 for one. And of course the postage to Australia on top too.

So if you know of anyone picking one up and interested in a quick profit and helping a novice geocacher, please put me in touch.

Regards

and good caching.

Chapeau

chapeau@ozemail.com.au

I went to Best Buy today to see if they had any (They didn't) and I couldn't find where they were hiding the GPSs. I finally got help from one of the computer guys who took me back to the car audio section. He asked me if a GPS was any good.

:P Ah, that's not something you want to ask a geocacher! So I spent a few minutes going over the functions and benefits (including geocaching).

When the regular guy showed up I asked him if they had any 76 accessories. He just sniffed at me and said they don't carry the 76. (I figured he must be a Magellan fan)

Welp, I went to the Best Buy today before work to see if they had any by chance, and they had one left! So i grabbed that one and asked the salesman how much it was and he looked it up in his computer and said it was 49.99!!! So i asked if any more stores in the area had any and he looked that up and it showed no stores having any! These are on clearance and Best Buy will not be getting any more of these in! I got lucky to pick the one store in the area that had one!

Some Targets in the Seattle area had the eTrex Yellow on clearance for 49.98 and the Forerunner 201 on clearance for 74.98 -- again, these were clearance prices, not sale prices, and not all stores have these on clearance.

I've called all of the Targets in my area and the only ones that carry them have them for full price.

(Factoria and Southcenter don't have them; Issaquah and Redmond are full price.)

*pout*

And BTW: Target does NOT price match, and have not for a number of years now.

they used to price match ad stuff from other retailers, mainly just walmart and kmart, but they dont even do that anymore.

Yeah, Walmart really only price matches other Walmarts and even then you need to prove it. (sigh)

And BTW: Target does NOT price match, and have not for a number of years now.

they used to price match ad stuff from other retailers, mainly just walmart and kmart, but they dont even do that anymore.

Yeah, Walmart really only price matches other Walmarts and even then you need to prove it. (sigh)

Really? They have price matched for me lately...I know K-Mart doesn't do it anymore since they went bankrupt.

Has anyone that ordered the eTrex yellow from Best Buy heard anything? I ordered in early October and was told last week that it was still on backorder. I'm getting anxious to start caching and need to know if it is worth waiting or if I should look elsewhere for a good deal.

Thanks!

Here's how I buy our GPS units.

I find the absolutely lowest price I can find on the internet, print it out, and take it to my nearest West Marine store. They will price match anyone, including the shipping and sales tax!

To find your nearest store visit http://www.westmarine.com and click Store Locator located at the top of the screen.

That's always been my best deals.

Hope this helps.