Subarite Hits 1000!

Super Smashing Great! Another mighty effort brings home a silver medal. Olympic 1k caching anyone? Well done Subarite and good luck with your next cache. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And so on... :blink:

I'd also like to hear about your 'top 10' - and bottom 10 - and strangest/best/funniest/lowest moments 'out in the field'. Must be an e-zine article/spot on GCUK in that.

SP B)

Thanks to everyone for placing the caches - without you I couldn't have done it. Sorry for the late posting – I have been compiling a list!

The last 6 months have been a busy time to reach 1000. Travelling further distances have been a necessity as local caches (I haven't done) are few and far between (thanks to local cachers for a few short trips!).

I am going to *take it easy* for a while - not a retirement but just *resting*.

Here are a few of my observations of the last 1000 caches in no particular order...

Best (long multi) - Alchemy series

Best (1 day) multi - Tomb Raider - Mission I

Most difficult to find - OBELISK

Best hiding place – Hanging Around

Steepest gradient to reach cache - Fossil Transfer

Soggiest cache - Rookery

Most unusual item found in a cache - World cup football that played tune when moved found at Dumbledore’s Retreat

Most difficult terrain (for getting lost) - Lofty at the Grand Prix

Most unusual themed cache – King Wen’s Hints

Most memorable view - Durdle Door

Most prickly to get to - Blackberry Picker

Most mud I have encountered - Dips

Most adventurous access (Indiana Jones style) - Catch Cromwell Jump Jump

Most unexpected twist in the tail – Little Toe’s Trilogy – part 1

Most notable DNF due to insect infestation (Ugh!) - COPQ9

Highest cache and most adverse weather - X Marks the Spot

Wettest approach to a cache - Two Locks, One River

Most brain taxing cache - Enigma Variations 1

Smelliest cache (site) - What A Load Of Rubbish

Most pleasant walk around a village - Toad’s Haul

Novel cache container - The Orange tree, which bears no fruit

Most insect ridden cache site - Do The Devils Dip

Most difficult terrain - To Hell (Bank) and Back

There are lots of other caches that I could have mentioned but I think that is enough!

Andy.