End Of An Era...

Was going through a hard drive cleansing exercise and reluctantly uninstalled Watcher and EasyGPS tonight.

I haven't used either in some time, but wanted to post a salute to both as I take the nostalgically hesistant step of wiping them from my hard drive.

I had much valuable use out of both of these programs for a long time. If no future development is planned, let this be my ulogy:

They were great and valuable companions. I couldn't have done it without them.

Was going through a hard drive cleansing exercise and reluctantly uninstalled Watcher and EasyGPS tonight.

I haven't used either in some time, but wanted to post a salute to both as I take the nostalgically hesistant step of wiping them from my hard drive.

I had much valuable use out of both of these programs for a long time. If no future development is planned, let this be my ulogy:

They were great and valuable companions. I couldn't have done it without them.

EASY GPS...we are not worthy!

77.gif

In my case, GSAK. Everything else has been gone for a long time, including Spinner, EasyGPS, Watcher etc. GSAK does absolutely everything I need for geocaching, except for doing the Plucker conversion. It does do the html conversion, which is at least as much as anything else does. Plucker takes over from there very nicely. I also export to Cachemate, and use them both in the field, although Plucker gets more use at the present time. Cachemate is nice when you need to edit things, such as on multis and puzzle caches. I find myself using it less and less, though, and taking notes with other programs. I do use Plucker extensively for lots of things other than caching, such as reading ebooks and putting all sorts of html documents on my Palm, including converted pdf files, so it's easy to use the same app for several things. But on the PC, GSAK is all anyone needs for almost anything related to caching and GPS/map management.

What they said. GSAK has replaced both EasyGPS and Watcher for me. It's really the only tool I have installed now.

I still use MapSource (with a file exported from GSAK) to do the upload over my USB GPS, but other than that... I rarely open anything but GSAK. I pretty much never open MapSource unless GSAK does an export and opens it for me.