Easy Gps And Geocach Clues

tree_cop

Not sure how the Gamin units are set up, but with my Magellan, in addition to the waypoint name, there is a field for additional info. In EasyGPS, the "Comments" section is the one that corresponds to that field. So I can, using EasyGPS, type the cachesite name, or hint, or anything else I want there. When I upload the caches to my GPS, that additional info (hint, etc.) is there. However, it's not part of the .loc file downloaded from geocaching.com, so it has to be manually added once the file is open in EasyGPS.

My suggestion is to create a test waypoint in EasyGPS, and put different info in each of the EasyGPS fields, i.e. "Field 1" in the "description" section, "Field 2" in the "comments" section. Then upload to your GPS to see which section, if any, corresponds to the extra information field on your GPS. Once you see which EasyGPS field transfers to the extra info field in your unit, you can then add the info you need/want before uploading.