Need An Offcial Sounding Name

:lol: I'm working on a new cache that involves one of those official looking "data collecting" boxes that I have seen some people use for hiding a cache... On the front I want to put official sounding jargon something like... This is an official Watershed monitoring station placed here by the Ministery of _________ Blah blah blah... I need to come up with an official sounding geocaching ministery...I know you people will have lots of ideas

Tom

The Ministry of Geodetic Locations.  I might of spelled Geodetic wrong...

Ooohhh! good one Knight!

Okay ... How about adding " Global Positioning Repeater Station (GCxxxx)"

hmmm... might use that one myself..okay forget I mentioned it :lol:

add an antenna of your choice

Edited by virgo91967
"Rodent Geo-Monitoring Station "

Tack on some Biohazard stickers and "Warning: Poison: 75% CaCHe."

Less chance of people checking it too closely.

And watch the feds all gather round it convinced it is a real problem after some crazed muggle parent decides it is far too scary in their neighborhood, or some PETA type muggle thinks that is an inhumane way of treating rodents.

Ive been thinking of placing one that says "Waypoint Recording Station". I may now add International Geodetic Survey or something along those lines.

The Ministry of Geodetic Locations.  I might of spelled Geodetic wrong...

Ooohhh! good one Knight!

Okay ... How about adding " Global Positioning Repeater Station (GCxxxx)"

hmmm... might use that one myself..okay forget I mentioned it :P

add an antenna of your choice

Actually, I would strongly suggest you avoid making it look TOO high-tech or functional. Having once been an obnoxious, 13 year-old vandal i can testify that I would find this type of item VERY interesting and worthy of my attention.

"Canadian Arthropoid Count and Hold Equipment. " - A non-descript black container with small openings along the bottom to resemble some manner of bug trap.

Word of advice: Don't use a real gubbermint entity in the name. While "Central Intelligence Agency Utility Station" will likely keep it from being vandalized, it may also result in a visit from a couple of suits.

Label it for what it is, that way if questions ever arise, you were never attempting to defraud anyone.

I use "United States Geocache Site Logging Station", that's what it is, and where.

Why not something like "Geostationary logging device #GC____ placed by Coast2Coast Corporation in compliance with sections 2.2 and 3 of the CLRG."

CLRG = Cache Listing Requirements/Guidelines

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

Section = 2 "Cache Types" (2.2 = "Traditional")

3 "Guidelines that apply to all cache types"

I know that doesn't give you ministry'ness but it still sounds official and legal. You could even include "For further information please contact 1-555-555-4321" (your home #) it isn't as if any GCers will really care about the #, muggles will likely skip over it as well, and if anyone actually calls you then you know someone has an issue with your cache. Or you could use a official sounding cost2cost@ email address if you have one (obviously hotmail or yahoo won't do).

Thorin

Edited by thorin