Pip's Party

Torry

Hmmm, a bit of a duplicate.

The Midwest branch of the International AS Survivors Union are attempting to organize a caching get-together in Fort Wayne, Indiana

The proposed meeting site thus far -

N 41 07.159'

W 085 11.069'

The Point REstaurant and Fort Wayne Truck Plaza: Where IN930, IN30 and IN33 meet up with I-69. I wasn't able to confirm if they have Wi-Fi (Which I don't have) but the do have decent biscuits and gravy and are fairly empty on Sunday mornings.

I know it's not the most cozy of joints but the family-type restaurants crowd up pretty quickly

---------------

I can go looking around next week. There's a pricey bagel / coffee shop on the far north-side that has Wi-fi but mediocre food and limited seating. It's on Dupont Road and I-69 on the north side, not a lot of caches nearby.

Torry, you are too much! You have my attention now. :lol:

Yay! I was as shocked as you! It's a shame they moved us like that.

Are you still interested?

I thought about one of the hotels but I was looking at places where we could hang out without ticking off the wait staff too much.

It might even be better in here as a quite a few folks refused to go to AS.

Yes, I'm still interested! I can't do a whole lot at the moment, because of the surgery, as far as helping to plan it and stuff, but I'm sure by that time, I'll be able to do some caching. That will put me at 4 weeks post-op. I won't be climbing any Mt. Riantes, but in our part of the country, there's no danger of that anyway!

What about Richard's Restaurant in New Haven? It's at the intersection of 930 and 469 East, by the Holiday Inn Express. They have the room, I think...

I can try to stop by next Tuesday - We've got time still - get well.

I pass by the Richards most Tuesdays but at about 6:30 in the morning. Not much happening then.

Alright Torry!....way to get this going!!!

I am going to request the day of work tomorrow so I can make it for sure!

Keep us posted :lol:

Last I checked the date was for September 18 or 19 - - I can't make the 18th due to racing obligations but I've go the 19th covered and have arranged for the 20th off to recuperate.

I can't do it on the 18th either. Jenna has a golf match in Olivet, Michigan on the 17th and 18th, so we'll go up there on the 18th. Yep, the 19th is my birthday, so that day would be just too fun!!

September 19, 2004 - Somewhere in Fort Wayne, Indiana - Food, fun, frolic, caching, etc.

I can't do it on the 18th either.  Jenna has a golf match in Olivet, Michigan on the 17th and 18th, so we'll go up there on the 18th.  Yep, the 19th is my birthday, so that day would be just too fun!!

September 19, 2004 - Somewhere in Fort Wayne, Indiana - Food, fun, frolic, caching, etc.

AND BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I can't do it on the 18th either.  Jenna has a golf match in Olivet, Michigan on the 17th and 18th, so we'll go up there on the 18th.  Yep, the 19th is my birthday, so that day would be just too fun!!

AND BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!!!!!!! :lol:

What flavor?

Hmmm, looks like fun. You could also try to get the attention of the FW geocachers by posting to their (our) yahoo group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ftwaynegeo/

NOTE: the In-GEO Fall Picnic Event Cache is Saturday the 18th; this may cause some scheduling conflicts for some. Just FYI.

You gonna make this an Event Cache, or just a "hey y'all, come to <wherever>" kind of thing? Inquiring Paws want to know...:o

Cool! It has to be the 19th for just about everyone, including me, and IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! I'm planning to also do my 100th cache that day (I'm at 94 now, I think). I'd like to do the Clue one, but if I do that, it could take me all day to do just that one, so we'll see. If this party becomes a reality, I'll do whatever, wherever, whenever (as long as it's on the 19th)! I've never ever gone caching with anyone besides my husband, daughters, or other family members, so getting together with a bunch of other cachers sounds like a fun way to turn 47! :o

Hmmm, looks like fun. You could also try to get the attention of the FW geocachers by posting to their (our) yahoo group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ftwaynegeo/

NOTE: the In-GEO Fall Picnic Event Cache is Saturday the 18th; this may cause some scheduling conflicts for some. Just FYI.

You gonna make this an Event Cache, or just a "hey y'all, come to <wherever>" kind of thing? Inquiring Paws want to know...:P

I knew about the Fall IN-GEO get-together, in fact I had originally planned on attending until I was un-fired by my weekend job. This is could be my consolation prize.

Up to now this had been a somewhat low-key affair in involving some of the AS (RIP) regulars but i could be fun. I have zero experience to make this a full-blown event and shall bow to he wishes of the birthday girl.

.... and if the chicken could be there I would truly be honored.

Since we are equal in our ignorance and both handicapped by distance...

I propose a casual gathering at a Fort Wayne locale sutable for approximately 10-20 "drop-ins"... Say from approximately 8AM to 10AM, followed by caching, starting with the CLUE cache that started this whole thing rolling. Meet for final farewells in the evening at the same or a different location (adult beverages?) approximately dusk and go or stay as necessary.

I am trying to convince my wife to join and possibly spend the night and may try to secure a hotel room which could provide InterNet access and meeting room / bar / restaurant. Being Sunday the rates and crowd should be a tad lighter than normal.

Feedback?

I propose a casual gathering at a Fort Wayne locale sutable for approximately 10-20 "drop-ins"... Say from approximately 8AM to 10AM, followed by caching, starting with the CLUE cache that started this whole thing rolling. Meet for final farewells in the evening at the same or a different location (adult beverages?) approximately dusk and go or stay as necessary.

I am trying to convince my wife to join and possibly spend the night and may try to secure a hotel room which could provide InterNet access and meeting room / bar / restaurant. Being Sunday the rates and crowd should be a tad lighter than normal.

Feedback?

That sounds like a perfect plan Torry :(

It'd be nice if you could make it also Trippy :o be kinda ironic if we ended up meeting at a non-Michigan event :(

Feedback?

Sounds good. Instead of a lot of planning keep it casual.

My tentative plan is to head out that way the day before and get a motel room for the night. Spend the day with you guys and head for home around seven or eight or nine or ten or eleven..... :(

Feedback?

I think it sounds PERFECT! Oh, I am SO looking forward to this! Meeting you guys and caching and doing Clue and other caches (Fort Wayne has so many!) and celebrating my birthday, all at once? MAN!!!!

:o:(:(;):P

That sounds like a perfect plan Torry :(

It'd be nice if you could make it also Trippy :o be kinda ironic if we ended up meeting at a non-Michigan event :(

Sounds perfect to me also. I think this will be my first out of state event. Maybe ever. Hmm. Maybe after the MiGO elections I can get out a little more ;)

It would be ironic, I guess. :P But hey - have GPS, will travel.

Feedback?

Just some random thoughts:

Will we be caching as a group? If so, we may want to load into as few vehicles as possible (Pip can sit on my lap) and then return to where we started from.

How about a list of the caches that we'd be trying to find? That way we can print pages and load coords into our GPSr's before we get there.

And, just so you know where I stand. I don't care how many caches we find, I'm mainly coming to meet all you folks.

We can drive our Mercury Villager mini-van. That holds 7 comfortably. More, not so comfortably. LOL.

How about if those that will be coming put in one of the Fort Wayne zip codes (46802, 46805, 46809, 46815, and there are others) and take a look at the caches and make some suggestions?

I do think the Clue one would be fun, but it would take a long time to do, but that doesn't matter either, I suppose. I think if people make suggestions as to which would be ones that would be fun and suitable for that day, then we can collectively decide in here and make a tentative plan that we can finalize at breakfast.

Whadaya think?

Edited by Pipanella
Torry

You need to decide if you are going the the IN-GEO picnic or have a differant one.

Just my thinking.

Regards

MC

Since getting un-fired from the weekend job I lost my availability to go to IN-GEO / Fall (As we both know: THAT could change at any time) If I become fired from there again I might try for both.

Sorry about the IN-GEO / Fall - One of these years I'll be able to get it together and make it.

We can drive our Mercury Villager mini-van.  That holds 7 comfortably.  More, not so comfortably.  LOL.

How about if those that will be coming put in one of the Fort Wayne zip codes (46802, 46805, 46809, 46815, and there are others) and take a look at the caches and make some suggestions?

I do think the Clue one would be fun, but it would take a long time to do, but that doesn't matter either, I suppose.  I think if people make suggestions as to which would be ones that would be fun and suitable for that day, then we can collectively decide in here and make a tentative plan that we can finalize at breakfast.

Whadaya think?

I can also volunteer the Stunodmobile (Durango)...it seats 7 also (although the last 2 will have to be small)

Edited by Stunod
Sweet. My little Geo will get me to FW but after that.... If I can catch a ride I promise to shower that week... hopefully BEFORE the gathering.

Same here. Not about the shower, but about the ride.

My minivan has over 137,000 miles on it. I'll trust it when I'm the only one who would be affected if it breaks down, but I would worry about ruining everyone's fun if it broke down while loaded with other people on a cache-caravan.

Next thought:

How about FRS(?) radios for communication between vehicles?

Sweet. My little Geo will get me to FW but after that.... If I can catch a ride I promise to shower that week... hopefully BEFORE the gathering.

My minivan has over 137,000 miles on it. I'll trust it when I'm the only one who would be affected if it breaks down, but I would worry about ruining everyone's fun if it broke down while loaded with other people on a cache-caravan.

Next thought:

Good idea! We've got a set of those we hardly ever use, so that would be a good time to use them!

Richard, our minivan is well over 100,000 miles, too, but seems to be running just fine. Just thought I'd warn know, in case you wanted to ride with us. :)

Next thought:

Wow! You must be rich! We just shout and wave. Except for Granny, she likes to whistle and flash. ... Not pretty.

Torry

You need to decide if you are going the the IN-GEO picnic or have a differant one.

Just my thinking.

Regards

MC

Please be assured. I truly would like to do the Saturday event, but at this time it can't happen. This one just came together very nicely for my schedule.

This isn't being planned as an "event" as much as a "gathering" and has been a largely spontaneous occurrence.

So, this is a definite, right? I'm sure planning on it! I'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen!

I'm treating it as a definite.

I'm making my plans and will be making reservations as soon as we have a definite meeting place.

I looked at the Clue cache and you're right, it is an all day thing. 19 locations throughout Ft. Wayne? Wow! :rolleyes: