Magellan GPS 315 for cheap(er)

Guest andysolo

Guest andysolo

ax. so you might be able to skip the above stuff and just ask staples to match that and then use a coupon.

3.I had a coupon for 40$ off 150$ which they let me use after matching the price.

it was on

http://www.finditnow.8m.com/ make sure it works by adding the magellan to your cart at staples.com and entering the coupon etc. if it doesnt work, there are always a bunch out there, trying searching via www.google.com for "staples coupon" or "coupons" etc. here's some coupon urls that have staples coupons:

http://www.dealcatcher.com/deals.asp?category=-1&view_type=1&search_word=staples http://www.couponmadness.com/store.asp?

store=Staples.com

http://www.onlineice.com/couponcodes.html

http://dealnews.com/search.html?search=staples

so basically, i called staples at the number at the bottom of their screen, 18003staple or something like that. spoke to the person, asked if they matched competitor's prices, they said they did, they said they needed to check the url of the competitor themselves to adjust for shipping etc(as i explained above) , i gave them the url w/the cheaper unit, they checked, said ok, then i asked if i could use a coupon, they said yes, and voila, that was it, and it came the next day!

pretty awesome. i think i saved around 38$ from buying in the store, plus got it sent right to me.

lemme know if it goes smoothly..the 315 is a good choice.

the above method would potentially work with anything you buy at staples(ie find it cheaper, have them match it, then use a coupon to get a huge amount off)...but the only gps staples has is the 315.

take care

andy

andysolo@mindspring.com

[This message has been edited by andysolo (edited 01-13-2001).]

Guest philgolden

This is a great way to save some money and can potentially save alot. While researching Andy's method, I found a great deal at Buy.com now. They have the Magelly 315 on sale for $129.00. Then tack on the $10 coupon for "new customers" you have yourself a real bargain...

Just another option if you can't get one cheaper Andy's way.

You can use www.google.com to search for many coupon sites.

Hope this helps!

(Unfortunately - Buy.com has next day air shipping, so if you used the below method it would cost you around $115.00. Not much cheaper than buying from Buy.com - but hey it is cheaper)

------------------

Phil

[This message has been edited by philgolden (edited 01-13-2001).]

Guest justincredible

Here's what I did (not cheapest, but convenient):

1) got coupon here http://www.dealcatcher.com/frame.asp?m=2&c=2387

2) went to buy.com and got the magellan 315 ($129.99), GPS made easy (book, $11.81), and the cigarette adapter ($14.95).

3) total was about $180 (tax, 2day air). The coupon basically paid for tax and shipping. And I got everything in one place.

FINALLY!!! Time to do some hunting!

Guest atroutdude

Hi there!

I followed Andy's advise in the post and it worked like a charm.

1st I pulled up www.boatersworld.com to see if they did indeed sell the Magellan 315 and how much. They did, it was $149.99 and then I called them to see if it was in stock. I was also interested in the Cig lighter adapter for $14.99. Both were. Told them I would call them back (not really).

Next I went to www.google.com to look for staples.com coupons. I found a bunch of Companies that offer discounts off merchandise of all kinds, which one of them was Staples.com. Staples.com was offering a $40 off a purchase of $150.00 coupon. Make sure you write down all the discount numbers that "might" apply. There was two for $40.00, but one of them had already expired so I gave him the other number. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

3rd I called Staples.com to place my order. They asked for some info such as Zip code etc. I asked if they matched other companies pricing? Yes, but they would find out if there was any variances such as shipping, same model that kind of stuff. I had a new guy on the phone, which I thought, cool icon_smile.gif he might make a mistake in my favor. No such luck icon_frown.gif he had to call a supervisor to overide the transaction pricing. They called Boatersworld.com asked about shipping etc.

This is what I paid for.

Magellan 315 $149.99

Cig Adapter $ 14.99

Next day charges $ 8.98

$ 8.98

Tax $ 9.70

SubTotal $192.65

Less $40.00 coupon -$ 40.00

Total $152.65

At www.boaterswould.com I would have paid at a total of $164.98 for the two items, but they would have been shipped in 3-5 days.

At Staples.com I would have paid 219.90 + Tax less the $40.00 off coupon, somewhere in the neighborhood of $180.96. Because the Item was not over $150.00 by itself they would not let me use the coupon without the adapter. Good thing I wanted it too. I tryed to get Staples to honor the no tax that boatersworld gives but they would not. (I figured I had nothing to lose, all they could do is say no)

I hope all that makes some sense.

Chris

Guest atroutdude

Hi there!

I followed Andy's advise in the post and it worked like a charm.

1st I pulled up www.boatersworld.com to see if they did indeed sell the Magellan 315 and how much. They did, it was $149.99 and then I called them to see if it was in stock. I was also interested in the Cig lighter adapter for $14.99. Both were. Told them I would call them back (not really).

Next I went to www.google.com to look for staples.com coupons. I found a bunch of Companies that offer discounts off merchandise of all kinds, which one of them was Staples.com. Staples.com was offering a $40 off a purchase of $150.00 coupon. Make sure you write down all the discount numbers that "might" apply. There was two for $40.00, but one of them had already expired so I gave him the other number. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

3rd I called Staples.com to place my order. They asked for some info such as Zip code etc. I asked if they matched other companies pricing? Yes, but they would find out if there was any variances such as shipping, same model that kind of stuff. I had a new guy on the phone, which I thought, cool icon_smile.gif he might make a mistake in my favor. No such luck icon_frown.gif he had to call a supervisor to overide the transaction pricing. They called Boatersworld.com asked about shipping etc.

This is what I paid for.

Magellan 315 $149.99

Cig Adapter $ 14.99

Next day charges $ 8.98

$ 8.98

Tax $ 9.70

SubTotal $192.65

Less $40.00 coupon -$ 40.00

Total $152.65

At www.boaterswould.com I would have paid at a total of $164.98 for the two items, but they would have been shipped in 3-5 days.

At Staples.com I would have paid 219.90 + Tax less the $40.00 off coupon, somewhere in the neighborhood of $180.96. Because the Item was not over $150.00 by itself they would not let me use the coupon without the adapter. Good thing I wanted it too. I tryed to get Staples to honor the no tax that boatersworld gives but they would not. (I figured I had nothing to lose, all they could do is say no)

I hope all that makes some sense.

Chris

on below, which i something i doubt you would get from the gpsstore, probably cost around 160$ from there, or maybe more. not to mention the 1st person on here got the 315 for 124$ including overnight shipping and tax and whatnot, i don't think the gpsstore could match that either. clearly using coupons/the staples deal and so forth saves you some siginificant cash.

mike