Can I dowload a long list of caches to use in easyGPS?

Guest dmdeitz

Guest dmdeitz

is there any way to get a whole bunch of waypoints of caches in my area in one fell swoop to enter into easygps or do you have to go to each page 1 at a time?

Guest Gliderguy

I did the one at a time for about 30 waypoints, (it got pretty quick after I memorized the commands, and I also ran them from their current location instead of saving them to disk) then after I had them all in the GPS I downloaded the gps waypoints back to easygps and saved that as a file... now at least I have a nice archive of all of the nearby caches.

Guest Moun10Bike

It looks like you can download multiple caches at once now -- the "Nearest Caches" screen is now putting checkboxes to the right of each cache in the list, and it looks liek you can check multiple and download them all at once.

------------------

Jon (Moun10Bike)

27H/71F/3C/2S/2X

N 47° 36.649', W 122° 3.616'

www.switchbacks.com/geocaching.html

Guest CaptHawke

quote:
Originally posted by Moun10Bike:

It looks like you can download multiple caches at once now -- the "Nearest Caches" screen is now putting checkboxes to the right of each cache in the list, and it looks liek you can check multiple and download them all at once.

Note: Be sure you've logged in first or you won't see the checkboxes.

Guest dmdeitz

wow! what a great improvement! Now, is there a way to combine the 2-3-4 different loc files in easyGPS? I tried cutting and pasting the text files (leaving the header off of the cut and paste), but it didn't work.

Guest PneumaticDeath

quote:
Originally posted by dmdeitz:

wow! what a great improvement! Now, is there a way to combine the 2-3-4 different loc files in easyGPS? I tried cutting and pasting the text files (leaving the header off of the cut and paste), but it didn't work.

Don't take out the "headers". This is XML. I've heard that you can just concatenate multiple ".loc" files into one big .loc file.

In DOS, I believe the way to do this is:

copy point1.loc+point2.log+point3.loc allpoints.loc

But I don't use Windoze, so I couldn't tell you.

-- Mitch

Guest hgmonaro

I've been using DOS's copy/concatination 'feature' for many years! I usually use wildcards to select the files (eg points*.loc to select the files in your example) but I just tried the '+' format and that worked to concatinate the files (didn't actually use .loc files).

Learn something new every day! icon_smile.gif

[This message has been edited by hgmonaro (edited 08 August 2001).]

Guest hgmonaro

I've been using DOS's copy/concatination 'feature' for many years! I usually use wildcards to select the files (eg points*.loc to select the files in your example) but I just tried the '+' format and that worked to concatinate the files (didn't actually use .loc files).

Learn something new every day! icon_smile.gif

[This message has been edited by hgmonaro (edited 08 August 2001).]