New Version Of Easymps Available

Huga

A sort of continuation of this thread and this other thread...

A new version of EasyMPS, 0.61 build 215 is now available at www.iancowley.co.uk/caching

There have been a lot of changes, although not all are obvious, since I last updated you all, so here's a rundown of the most exciting and significant:

* Added menu bar

* Removed spurious code that caused odd things to happen sometimes

* Removed file association check box (now in options menu)

* Added status bar, removed labels, changed some labels and frame captions

* Significantly rewrote the routine for writing GDBs - now more robust

* Significant rewrite to Read_LOC and Read_GPX - again, more robust

* Changed GDB output files to Mapsource 6.1/6.3 format (were 6.0 beta something)

* Tidied up the last/current imports labels thing so they're more consistent

* Added export modes into File/Export.. Menu

* BUGFIX: URLs wouldn't auto-generate for GCxxxx waypoints if name/description swap was enabled

* BUGFIX: Shouldn't now crash if importing a GDB/MPS with no waypoints as the first file.

* BUGFIX: "Last import" number now works for all import formats

* BUGFIX: Swap names/descriptions with some duplicate descriptions gave an invalid file output

* BUGFIX: Waypoint times are now written as UTC, not local time

* BUGFIX: Wasn't preserving detected times for waypoints

* Update: For GPX files, the preserved time is the cache-hiding time. For GDB files, it's the last-modified time of the waypoint.

* BUGFIX: Fixed crash when trying to import non-waypoint files as first file (such as .bmp, .doc from drag'n'drop)

* UPDATE: 13-second difference applied to time to make it GPS time :blink:

Again, if there are any bugs you find, features you want, comments or questions, please let me know.

EasyMPS is freeware - totally free to use. However, if you find it mind-bogglingly useful and feel a deep-down desire to part with money, there's a Paypal link on the download page to help satisiy your urges. clicking on the adverts there will generate a few cents to keep me ticking over with coffee while preparing the next bunch of new features :blink:

Good stuff....I've used this a couple times and it has been very helpful (easier to plan a day of caching w/ City Select, etc).

Just tried to download and install though and I'm getting an error message:

Run-time erro'339':

Component 'comctl32.ocx' not correctly registered: file is missing or invalid

The other version worked just fine so possibly I have erred...

Any thoughts?

thanks!

Good stuff....I've used this a couple times and it has been very helpful (easier to plan a day of caching w/ City Select, etc).

Just tried to download and install though and I'm getting an error message:

Run-time erro'339':

Component 'comctl32.ocx' not correctly registered: file is missing or invalid

The other version worked just fine so possibly I have erred...

Any thoughts?

thanks!

First check that comctl32.ocx actually exists on your hard drive. Problably in c:\windows\system32. If it exists, try this command...

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\comctl32.ocx

This is assuming that you are running XP or 2000 and that it's installed as c:\windows.

Ah yes, have just worked that out.

Hmm, I've added a status bar to the EasyMPS window, and that uses the Microsoft library comctl32.ocx.

Hmm. I never like writing programs with too many dependencies, and havign to say "download this, install this, blah blah" to get the program to work for other people...

comctl32.ocx is a pretty common library, I'm surprised you don;t already have it. if you don't, you can get it here: www.iancowley.co.uk/caching/comctl32.ocx and then run the regsvr32 command detailed above.

Sorry for the inconvenience and I hope the new features and easier layout are worth it!