Washington State Geocoin -ordering Info

lucyandrickie

Hi - Bad news in my camp. UPS has lost my 5 coins. :laughing: The package was last received in IL and then poof it disappeared. I have an e-mail into Jerry and Michele. I don't have a lot of hope that the package will be found.

Can anyone help out a fellow cacher. I really only need 4 coins. One for me and 3 that I traded and feel bad since I let other cachers down that were counting on the coins. If you can help me out let me know.

Thanks,

Brian

Team Golden, do not fear we will take care of you. We have kept a few coins just for this situation. Give me a day or two to get your replacement coins out to you.

Well if I wasn't impressed before (which I was)... now I'm truly amazed.

Talk about amazing customer service!!! L&R... you're awesome!!!

Just saw this on Ebay, knew it was just a mater of time.

Washington Coin on Ebay

Good grief - puleeeze sayitisn'tso! Now I know that everybody plays the game differently (and thank goodness for that!) but... one does have to wonder, why somebody... in OR no less, would buy up a stash of errrr... "our" coins - only to resell them on Ebay. Oh yeah, I know why - $$$

Ah well, guess it takes all kinds... :lol:

Okay okay, I gave in and bought it (Please don't flame me, my intentions are only good). If it's not one of the missing ones, or #50, I'll use it as a FTF prize in my next cache. Forgive me if you think I'm supporting the bad people of the world, honestly I'd rather make a bad situation better.

I'll get in touch with L&R to make sure that the coin isn't one of the missing ones when I receive it.

Hi all... kind of a silly question. I just released my first WA Geocoin out into the wild (a most worthy puzzle cache if I must say so... I might add the actual cache to this post later) but I was wondering how anyone would know it's in there.

Since the coins are not tracked via GC.com... there's no way to make a note that the coin has been moved into a cache... other than an actual post/note, etc.

Did I miss something here? I've activated the coin and it's resting peacefully in the cache... but how will anyone know it's there (in case they wanted to move it on) except for the happenstance encounter (Geocacher finds cache... opens canister... exclaims "WOW... a WA Geocoin!!!")

Thanks again!

Team Levy

Yes you just paste a complete URL into the log and submitt the entry.  The web site will automatically convert it to a link for you.

See this cache log.

I could not get the link title to change though.

If anyone knows how let me know.  I'd also like to know if there is a way to embed a small graphic directly into the log message.

...hmmm, interesting MA. Yes that works and if you look at the source for your cache page note, it's just a regular "a href" link. But as I recall, I had fits getting such to work when I added it to a log, and finally figured out that I had to use gc.com priority "url" tags instead - like this (note that I have to spell out the first opening brackets to deactive the link - apparently quotes or somesuch won't work):

straight bracketURL=http://www.somesite.com/]This way you can peck whatever link verbiage you like[/url]

and here 'tis again, activated

...hmmm2, looking now at your raw quote as I get set to send this - here in the forums your link uses the "" etc. as well.

And no, sorry I've not (yet) tried embedding a graphic in a log (though I'm sure that you'd first have to upload to your profile as always.)

...I could not get the link title to change though.

If anyone knows how let me know.  I'd also like to know if there is a way to embed a small graphic directly into the log message.

...if you look at the source for your cache page note, it's just a regular "a href" link. But as I recall, I had fits getting such to work when I added it to a log, and finally figured out that I had to use gc.com priority "url" tags instead...

Thanks GG! I edited the log and it work's like a charm