Outside The Box

Buggy5151

I'm a newbie. When I read about other Cacher's posts.

They talk about, outside the box. Please explain.

Thanks.

Hmm... are you asking what "outside the box" means when used as a figure of speech... such as was used here (in the second main paragraph) or here (near the bottom)? To "think outside the box" means to think more creatively or unconventionally. It isn't anything specific to geocaching. I hope I haven't misunderstood your question. Does this help??

The game Mindtrap is a think out side the box i.e. to get you to look beyond the obvious. The most famous one of these is: A man is laying dead in the middle of the desert wearing a backpack there are no foot prints leading to of from the man how did he die? The backpack is a parachute that did not open.

K

cheers

The most famous one of these is: A man is laying dead in the middle of the desert wearing a backpack there are no foot prints leading to of from the man how did he die?  The backpack is a parachute that did not open.

No thinking outside of the box necessary; just remember to avoid the crater and "splatter zone." (It's a pretty ridiculous scenario.)

To "think outside the box" means to think more creatively or unconventionally.

I would also add "unexpectedly."

Edited by BassoonPilot