Today's Hunt

ZackJones

Well surely can't come near to toppin' 13, but happy to say 2 for 2 here (yesterday). But even better - as a noobie, finally feel like I've earned the title of bonafide idiot errr... geocacher:

Despite pouring down rain, I persisted, and at the last cache, sat there amid the nettles and mud - blowing bubbles (from the cache) in the drizzle!

Came home utterly soaked, filthy, exhausted. Now THAT'S what I call FUN! :blink:

13 for 13 today for Donna and me. How did your hunt go today or this weekend?

Zack

And considering that 10 of the 13 were my hides....

YOU and DONNA DID GOOD! Congrats on a great day of Caching, but I told you that already. :blink:

When I was in your "neck of the woods" 7/18 - I was 15 for 15! Now you and the other Middle GA folks have new ones for me to hunt. Can't wait to get back!

I guess I had kind of an interesting weekend. Way too many DNFs, but an unusual string of FTFs.

Thursday night: FTF in San Rafael, where I spent the night.

Friday: Company outing. 7 of 11, not including four or five that I drove to but decided not to hunt (mostly graveyards that seemed to be locked at night). Also included a FTF in Placerville. I was hoping to camp overnight near Placerville, but my plans got messed up and I ended up returing home instead. I picked up poison oak somewhere on one of the trails.

Saturday: A good day. 6 of 6 in Mt. Madonna, including a FTF.

Sunday: 4 of 7 (including an event). 2 FTFs in Fremont on caches placed in conjunction with the event.

Monday morning: 2 of 2, including a FTF in Palo Alto.