Geocaching - Map For Canada?

Team KRHake

Hello!

I'm going to visit Toronto next week and thereafter I'm going to travel east to Halifax.

My question: Do you know a website, where I can find an actual map of Eastern Canada showing the caches in this area?

That would simplify my search for caches along my planned routing.

Thank you,

juliet querbeet

Hmmmm, the city of Karlsruhe says something to me. I visited Germany in 2001 and it may have been a spot we stopped at. I agree with what the others say here. run a pocket query for each province you will be driving through and import that data into Streets and trips. It will show you a nice map that you can zoom in on and see exactly where those caches are hidden.

Welcome to Canada and I hope you have a wonderful trip! If you plan on passing through northern New Brunswick, drop me a line and maybe we can get together for a few hours of caching! It will give me a chance to practice my VERY limited German as well!

I agree with what the others say here. run a pocket query for each province you will be driving through and import that data into Streets and trips. It will show you a nice map that you can zoom in on and see exactly where those caches are hidden.

I'm not sure about Quebec and the maritme provinces but having just completed a trip from Alberta to Ontario I know you'll need multiple queries for Ontario. Hopefully you can sort out everything to get as few as possible queries to catch all the caches along your route.

Paperless caching with a PDA is the way to go on road trips.

I am not sure how to get to it through the gc.com site but, there is a link, you need to go through

www.gpscentral.ca then click on the geocaching logo near the top, then they offer a link to a cache map of Canada. It links you into the gc site, but I can never find it that way. It is fairly simple to use, basic pan/ zoom buttons then when you get close enough it can identify caches.

Its what I use for trip planning. No roads show up, but if you find a cache near your start you can look in the expected directions.

I am not sure how to get to it through the gc.com site but, there is a link, you need to go through

www.gpscentral.ca then click on the geocaching logo near the top, then they offer a link to a cache map of Canada. It links you into the gc site, but I can never find it that way. It is fairly simple to use, basic pan/ zoom buttons then when you get close enough it can identify caches.

Its what I use for trip planning. No roads show up, but if you find a cache near your start you can look in the expected directions.

Here's the link

I have most if not all caches covering from the Quebec border to around Brighton and on up to the Ottawa Valley all set up on MS Streets and Trips if it helps. I can sent the file or a picture but I will not be home til the weekend. I recommend getting off HWY 401 at Gananoque and hitting the Thousand Islands Parkway as there are a number of quick and easy caches along this route.

If you want the map or the file just email me through my profile and will be glad to help out, I should be home Fri evening.

Binrat

Hello!

Thanks to everybody for the nice answers...

We are already back to Germany, but we enjoyed our stay and geocaching in Canada very much.

We found some interesting caches and met many nice people during our journey. We discovered some beautiful spots, we would not have visitedwirhout geocaching.

Bye,

juliet querbeet and Tobiwan