Best Topomap software?.......

WNC

Looking to buy a good version of Topomap software for the computer that is State specific (NC) and usable with a Mag 315 GPS. Maybe something I can input a UTM on the computer and then download it into the GPS.

I'm new to this GPS thing after using a map and compass all this time, so bear with the stupid questions...lol

Thanks Folks

I have the NG topo gps. I use it for both lat/long wgs84 and utm nad27.

I have found that when I load tracks onto the topo in Nad 27 utm the easting is off a little. If I enter the track in wgs84 lat/long then let the topo convert it back to UTM 27 it is on the money.

It is a great program I think. Ron

Ill second the NG Topo! recomendation. Ive used it here in Az for 3 years and find it excellent for backcountry navigation...not real good in the cities but then it isnt meant for that. I use it for live tracking with a Garmin 3+ in the Jeep when offroading and find it very accurate.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there." Yogi Berra

jeepsmiliedesertcamo.gif