Analyze Your Nearest 20

shunra

hm... only four on the nearest 20. three of them i just havent gone for yet, the last one i went to, but had no idea what i was looking for. (looked at cache page for ten seconds, then went to the cache site as an "im bored oh look" event)

PAGE 3!

update... i found one of them a couple nights ago, and i am planning to go to the other three tomorrow. hopefully, i will have my top 20 knocked out by tomorrow night.

Nearest 20. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Vary six to 32 miles. Closest one, I co-own, so it’ll always be there.

One is a puzzle cache I haven’t got around to fooling with.

One is disabled and probably soon to be archived.

One is a seven stage multi in a skeeter heaven area, I’ll get it this fall.

One is a six hour hunt, also for this fall.

Six are Quest Master caches. They are best left for fall too, as they almost always involve water hazards and hefty hikes.

The other nine I’m working on whenever I don’t feel like making a 200 mile trip for a handful of caches. Appalachia caching, at least in West Virginia, Western Pennsylvania, and Western Maryland, requires more driving time than actual hunt time it seems.

Mine are a relatively close 1.4 to 8.1 miles away :(

Most of them are new within the last few months and I've been too busy to get them. Some of them I've done the other three like them and while I'll clean them up some day - they're not good enough to pull me out of my armchair just to go find them.

One is on state park land and due to their current policy on Geocaching, I refuse to pay for a permit to seek it.

One was surrounded by fishermen when i went to find it last week.

9 are part of a new series I need to get out and do.

The rest I have no excuse for but lack of time and perhaps some laziness :o

The nearest 20 that I have not done yet are also very close. 1.4 to 5.5 miles away.

4 are puzzles, that I just don't feel like racking over.

4 are letterboxes... too much like puzzles. (See above.)

2 I don't feel like climbing there yet.

4 are on a single trail with good elevation gain and great views , waiting for cooler / clearer day for pics.

I often like to go on hikes in new areas. So some are in places I've been a number of times, so I skip them. I'll get to them eventually

The rest are fairly new... I'll get to them as well.

Nearest unfound 20:

1) 3m Fairly recent and in a place I know well, no need to rush out and grab it.

2-20) 40.3 m-61m away, most are micros.

We mainly wait til we can make a week-end of it and spend the night out of town. We have gotten pickier as well, concentrating on the 3 and above terrain caches.

Sissy

hm... only four on the nearest 20. three of them i just havent gone for yet, the last one i went to, but had no idea what i was looking for. (looked at cache page for ten seconds, then went to the cache site as an "im bored oh look" event)

PAGE 3!

update... i found one of them a couple nights ago, and i am planning to go to the other three tomorrow. hopefully, i will have my top 20 knocked out by tomorrow night.

hm... it has hit me that i have not entirely understood the concept of "top 20"... when i interpret the phrase, i think of the first 20 listed when you enter a zip code. i have cleared the first 20 of those... but the next 20 i havent done? thats purely because of distance.

Edited by artbegotti

Of my 20 closest, 3 are within immediate striking range, the rest are 20+ miles away, as the crow flies.

Of the three close ones, one I helped hide, one is a webcam cache and I am either with the person who would assist me on that or I just don't think to do it, and the other I may hit tomorrow.

The rest are an hour's drive, and unfortunately I do not have many that are clustered real together. As I am really poor right now, I haven't been able to squander the gas for 2 hours+ in the car for one or two finds. But, as soon as my new degree pays off with a decent job, (or I get to tag along with someone) those caches will get picked up. When gas money is no object, I have no problem driving all over hill and dale to pick a few up.

I just checked... My 20 closest no finds are 3 miles away or less.

Of those:

2 are virts

2 are Members Only

1 was hidden while I've been gone in Ohio

That leaves 15 that still fall under the category of laziness.

Of the caches from my dad's house:

The 20 closest no finds are less than 12 miles away.

Of those:

6 are multis I haven't attempted

1 is a multi that I still can't find the last part of

5 or 6 were placed after I moved to tennessee..

Half of the remaining ones are in PA, where I've never gone caching because I'm not familliar with the area.

My closest unfound cache is 16.6 miles away and would take me over an hours drive one-way. The rest of my closest 20 unfound caches are 17.2 to 20.9 miles away and are similarly goegrapically situated. (For context, my closest unfound cache is currently the 95th closest to my home. Of the first 94 I own 77 of them.)

Many of the closest 20 unfound caches are great hikes that I would like to take my family on, and it is a matter of getting my wife to agree to go hiking (which she likes) to a cache destination (which she doesn't).

My nearest unfound 20 are 20 miles away or less. If I was a crow.

3 of them are temporarily disabled!

The rest I just haven't gotten to yet. They're all pretty spread out so I have to hit them one at a time.

FWIW - In those same 20 miles I have found or hidden 36 caches.

3 are temporarily disabled.

3 are virtuals (never any hurry to get those)

2 should be disabled because of all the recent DNFs, but have not been checked on by cache owners.

2 are puzzles I cannot solve

4 are isolated (I tend to not run out of my way for a lone micro)

The other 6 I just have not gotten to yet (1 is a 7-stage multi with 5 difficulty and 4 terrain)

OK, I'll play. I have time for the analysis, instead of a quick post and run. This should be fun. I base my searches from work. All are within 10 miles, but this area is getting pretty dense. I have 10 hides alone within 3 miles.

1. Only four blocks away. But it is a webcam cache. :huh:

2. Really hard puzzle cache that I can't figure out, and I'm too stubborn to ask for help. Hasn't been found much.

3. Final stage of a five cache hunt. I have the final co-ords from the other four, just haven't gone for this yet.

4. Need to do some internet research before looking. Haven't taken/made the time.

5. 1/5 Need to rent a boat at a lake. :huh:

6.Just hidden last week.

7. Urban Micro. DNF'd it once, and haven't been back on that side of town.

8. Disabled.

9. Micro near home. DNF'd it when it was actually missing and haven't returned yet.

10. See #7.

11. Multi in a very busy and buggy park. I'm waiting for cooler weather on this one.

12.See #7.

13. Hidden two weeks ago in a subdivision north of town. I live south.

14&15. 8 miles east of town off a road that is death at 5PM. Waiting for a weekend when I'm not out of town.

16. See 6.

17. No good reason. Close to home. Hmmm.

18. 10 Miles north. Capitol Blvd. is no fun after work and I haven't been up that way on the weekends.

19. Multiple DNF's Owner swears it's there. I have looked many times, know what I'm looking for and still can't locate it. My current nemesis.

20. See 17.

Most weekends I have been making road trips with either my wife for non caching trips, or the caching team to go into other areas for multi find days. Some of these are quick after work spots, most aren't.

Wow, we seem to have plenty of caches in the neighborhood - 20 unfound in 2.1 miles! A few unavailable, and I've been to 6 out of 20, but not strictly speaking cache hunting. It's just, there were interesting gamepieces or prizes inside those caches, so we went for the swag rather than for the caching experience.

I mean I already know the neighborhood fairly well even without caching, and none of the 20 offers exciting mental or physical challenges either, so why spend any more time here?

My nearest unfound 20 are 20 miles away or less. If I was a crow.

Are you saying that loons can't fly straight? <_<

===

I'd like to say that I appreciate your analyses. For one, I see that my situation (with 19/20 nearest unfound are a long driving distance or or fery rides away), but it also shows which caches are actually not done (as opposed to not liked).

Could I ask you all to limit the analyses in this thread to the 20 nearest *unfound* ones (and obviously, just the ones you didn't hide), ergo, to your 'filtered' list?

Thanks!

Within twenty miles of our home, there are dozens or caches. We can pick or choose at our leisure.

In my mind, I think we should save the very closest caches for the winter months, because of our shorter days and the cold, dreary weather. If some get archived, oh well. Also I prefer the regular sized traditionals, another one of the 'bunch likes multi's and the third member of the 'bunch just likes going for the ride and the walks. For him, caching is one big sniff-fest.

Another tuppence of mine........

Brodiebunch

My nearest unfound 20 caches, as of this morning. Keep in mind that I live smack in the middle of Tucson, Arizona, a huge metro area, yet surrounded by mountain ranges.

1) [6.7 miles] Starr Pass cache, near a golf course, yet a good mile and a half hike to reach without crossing private property.

2) [6.9 miles] Bushmaster Peak. A 4 terrain hike straight up a desert mountain covered with scree.

3) [7 miles] Pontatoc View. Reasonably steep hike along the hard-to-follow Pontatoc Ridge Trail against the base of the Tucson Mountains. Haven't gotten off my rear yet on this one.

4) [7.1 miles] Razorback. New cache in the last couple months; still no finders. Brutal looking peak, waiting for the 100+ degree weather to calm down before scaling this one.

5) [7.7 miles] The Other Side of Cat Mountain. 1-2 mile trek through the desert. No excuse on this one, just lazy.

6) [8.1 miles] El Cierro Del Gato. Another nasty desert mountain peak. 4 Terrain.

7) [8.3 miles] Wasson Peak. Still another peak, looks less nasty, but longer hike.

8) [9.5 miles] Snow-Lightning Storm Cache. A virtual deep in the heart of the mountains. 4.5 terrain, only 1 finder in over a year.

9) [10.5 miles] Buster Spring. Deep in the mountains again, cache page describes it as 'no good trail exists to the cache' since the original spring was owned by someone who didn't want people to know where it was.

10) [10.5 miles] The Window. UGH! 13 mile round trip hike with 4000' elevation gain from the trailhead. Not sure if I'm even in shape to attempt this one.

11) [10.9 miles] Canyon View. Multi cache inside Sabino Canyon. I'll get this one soon, but since I don't own a mountain bike, I have to pay for a tram for part of this cache.

12) [12.8 miles] Blackett's Cache. Half day hike inside Sabino Canyon. Again, I'll probably hit this one soon.

13) [13.7 miles] Batamote Booty. Newer cache, but since I don't own a Jeep or 4WD, it'll be a long hike from parking for me.

14) [14.3 miles] Tortolita Peak. Another peak to climb when the weather calms down.

15) [14.8 miles] O Dog #1. Half day hike, at least. No good road access.

16) [15.1 miles] Baby Jesus. I'll get this and the next one :

17) [15.2 miles] Cottonwood Sentinels.... together since they're smack dab next to each other. Again, I'll have to hike in since my car can't navigate the Jeep track.

18) [16 miles] Tour De Fantasy Island. A 6 stage micro on a 12-mile mountain bike course on State Trust land. No bike, so I'd have to walk it, which people have done.

19) [16.4 miles] Tortolita Black Hole. Again, no Jeep access for me. Have to walk it.

20) [16.4 miles] TucsonTop. This one was closed off from public access for over a year due to the wildfires of summer 2003. Recently opened. I'll hit it soon.

The vast majority of these will be defeated slowly, one at a time. But no urban micros, no puzzles, no drive bys or 1 terrains here... I've cleaned those all out!

Dave, The Cow Spots

Here they are, radiating out from the center of my zip code (87544), which I'm using as a proxy for my home coordinates:

• CWA7076 (2.5/2) (GCKFKZ): A trad cache requiring a short but circuitous hike along a mesa top. This one is three days old.
  • Gertchie Birdie's Otowi Mesa Cache (3.5/3.5) (GC2630): Requires a five-mile hike to reach a cache on a mesa top. May require some Class 3 scrambling on tuff and pumice. May technically be on Indian land, due to a recent land transfer.
  • the bean (2/4) (GCKEHC): A memorial to the placer's cat. A week old.
  • Bayo Butte Overlook (3.5/3.5) (GC29CD): Due to a recent land transfer this cache is now on the San Ildefonso reservation. A recent note says it is behind a well-marked fence. It should probably be archived, but the cache owner hasn't visited gc.com in five months and so is probably unaware or unconcerned.
  • The JS Bach Cache (4/3.5) (GCG6KZ): I DNF'd this several months ago, and there's been one reliable find since then. I'll probably wait until the leaves are off the cluster of scrub oak rumored to be hiding the cache, since this turns out to be a substantial trek and would put me pushing dark if I tried to do it after work.
  • Mine View Mesa-Top Cache (1.5/4) (GCK425): This cache is six weeks old, and requires a four-mile hike with a scramble onto a mesa top. I should probably do this one soon, since the land it is on may be transferred to the Indians as well.
  • Bandelier Nat'l Monument (2/1) (GCJ1YP): A two-stage virtual multi inside a fee area at the far end of a substantial drive. I'm not especially interested in visiting the monument again any time soon, so since this one is in all likelihood durable it'll probably wait until it's the closest to home.
  • Obsidian Ridge Cache (1.5/1.5) (GC86A3): A five-mile hike in the Dome Wilderness. This one has been visited twice this calendar year.
  • This Ain't the Big Easy No Mo'! (3/1) (GCGEP2): The fifth is a series of linked trad caches that should have been a single multi. I've done the first three and the fourth has gone missing. The cache owner has not been responsive to email from others.
  • Trials Cache #2 (2/3) (GCJKPX): I've DNF'd this one once, and need to try it again the next time I head out into the Jemez.
  • Second-to-the-Last Dome Road Cache (2.5/1)(GCGEP0): The missing fourth cache in the Dome Road series. I've got the coordinates for this one, but I'm not going to try it until someone else finds it. I suspect it has vanished and should be archived or replaced. I've been tempted to bootleg this cache and the final one in the series, but doing so kind of goes against my sense of fair play.
  • Rancho de la Canada (1/3) (GCG41N): An Altoids box on a Jeep road. Since I have a low-clearance car I'll probably mountain bike this one. It is in a warm area, and can wait until winter. Has been found twice this calendar year.
  • Another 'Brick' in the Wall, Part 4 (2/1) (GCGFFEC): An Altoids cache on a Jeep road.
  • Amalgam (2.5/3) (GCFB20): The regular-sized cousin of the cache above; they should be done on the same trip.
  • Balancing Rock (2/4) (GCHBHQ): Another cache in the Bland mining district which should be done on the same trip as the two above.
  • East Fork Escape (2/2) (GCGAZB): An easy cache on a nice hike along the east fork of the Jemez River. I did a couple of its neighbors several weeks ago, and I would have done it too if I hadn't accidentally deleted all my waypoints at an inopportune moment.
  • Camel Rock (1/1) (GC8C59): The only true virtual in the bunch, this involves visiting an oddly-shaped rock on Indian land and counting the spikes present/missing in a wall. The rock itself has been mostly inaccessible for several months due to road construction on nearby US 285. If my life depended on it I could probably jump the Jersey barrier and bag this one, but I'll probably just wait until the picnic area in front of the rock reopens.
  • 4x4 Lunch (3/2) (GCGMER): A pickle jar on a Jeep road. This one hasn't been found in over a year. One DNF was posted last month. This one's a really low priority.
  • Nature's Symphony (1.5/3) (GCG8A9): This one will require a six-plus-mile mountain bike ride down a somewhat rough forest road, but it's on the way to a very nice primitive hot spring, so I'll probably save it until October or November, after the Forest Service closes the road to motorized vehicles.
  • Jemez Goblin Rocks (2/3) (GCAC41): A ten-to-twelve-mile mountain bike ride, at least, down an unfamiliar Jeep road. Unlike some of the other caches in the area, this one looks solid, having been visited five times this Spring/Summer.

Analysis: Two easy urbans or near-urbans, two virtuals, one maybe two on Indian land, two DNFs, two that have been for all intents abandoned, three or four nice hikes. The rest appear to involve substantial time on Jeep roads. I hope to get half or so of these done over the course of the next three months. The rest are difficult enough to reach for uninteresting reasons that I'll probably do a bunch of easier caches in the Albuquerque area, a bunch of locationless caches, or maybe a day-long visit to cache-poor Taos before I'll try to tackle them.

Note the complete absence of puzzle caches or crypto caches. Geocaching in central northern New Mexico is a more-brawn-than-brains activity.

hehe. My nearest 20 I've found them all. yeah me. anyways. I've placed 5 of them, and the team that I cache with placed 5 of them. So there are 10 already wiped out. I have found all the one that the team that I cache with b/c I didn't go with them to place it so I clamed it after I found it. And the other 10 I've found.

they are

12 traditionals

6 multis

and 2 mysters.

Now the nearest 20 caches I haven't found are

3 are in a state park and I havent' wanted to pay yet to get in. :huh:

3 are disabled

2 DNF's

5 attempted but haven gotten to. '

1 haven't taken the time to figure out.

6- they are over 70 miles away. just havent got out there. will someday. :o

Awsome Ev

the amish geocacher

Good to see this thread. I'll add mine for a geographical flavor from San Diego: A huge, cache-dense area literally choked full of park canyons, urban settings, urban canyons, water caches, mountain peaks, and off-limit military installations:

My closest undone 20:

[1] Sea World San Diego (GC88DD) (3.1 miles)

$40 admission fee to Sea World is prohibitive just to get a cache. I'll wait till some out-of-town friend of mine wants to go.

[2] The Cave Store (GCK5YR) (3.9 miles)

$3 admission to get access to the La Jolla cliff caves to get an Altoids tin at the waterline Or I can snorkel over there from the nearby cliffs. On my to-do list this weekend

[3] Point Loma High (GCKGGN) (4.9 miles)

Easy puzzle cache but final location is on the Point Loma Naval Reservation which is only to the public open from 9-5. Work seems to prevent me from getting over to this one on a regular basis.

[4] Aloe Virtualis (GCHBT3) (6.4 miles)

Virtual in the San Diego Zoo. Ridiculous admission fee for just a virtual.

See #1

[5] High Above San Diego (GCKD92) (7.2 miles)

Webcam located on the 35th floor of a downtown highrise balcony. Hard to get into the building as I work far away from it.

[6] Can U C Me (GCKH3W) (9.6 miles)

Recent micro placement that is very well-cammoed apparently. Took A DNF.

[7] Jughead and Jarhead Stash box #1 (GCKFHX) (11.7 miles)

week-old cache. Just haven't gone yet.

[8] Jughead and Jarhead Stash Box #2 (GCKFJ1) (11.9 miles)

see #7

[9] Seek/Scan (GCKHV8) (14.1 miles)

New Puzzle cache using audio clips from songs. Close to work and will get this one today.

[10] Book of words (GCCBAA) (14.7 miles)

14.7 miles in the other direction from my usual routine. Located in the area of San Diego less than desireable. Will eventually get this one, but not high on the to do list.

[11] Look Ma No Hands (GC1AA3) (14.9 miles)

See #10

[12] Sweetwater View (GC27DA) (15.1 miles)

1.2 mile one way hike around a dam and resevoir from the parking lot. Just been lazy , and it would be one to grab if in the area of #10 & #11.

[13] Nick's Grafitti Rock Cache (GCC2A6) (15.6 miles)

Cached on a rock outcrop in the craggy foothills east of SD. Not much else around so this one's like the lone sentinel in the area annoying me.

[14] Twin Peaks Cache II (GC8011) (15.6 miles)

Peak-bagging cache in the NE of SD. Close to work, but just haven't got the

time yet.

[15] John John's treasure Trail (GCGD9J) (15.8 miles)

Close to # 14. Seems like I should go get this one with the previous

[16] A Little Bit Above the Box (GCH3E4) (15.8 miles)

Close to #12. Just an area needed to be gone to.

[17] Grass and More Grass (GCJ82D) (15.9 miles)

One I skipped over in cleaning out El Cajon, CA. Whoops!

[18] Ryan's On The Rocks (GCHYA2)

See #13. even further into the foothills.

[19] Things that go "bump" in the road (GCJ8N7) (16.1 miles)

See #18.

[20] Twin Peaks Cache #1 (GC8008)

See #14 and #15.

------------------------

So to sum up...several caches are nearby to each other and I just need to power cache to get rid of them. The nearby foothills present good hiking challenges and just need to get a block of time to get them. But minus the brand new ones that just went live this past week, I have a fairly decent exclusion zone (minus the admission-prohibitive caches at the touristy spots) of about 14 miles which is pretty darned good for SD. Roughly about 500 caches in total within 14 miles of my house to begin with. Eventually I'd like to get my zone of completion out to 20 miles (to get me to the Mexican border and to the fringes of Oceanside and Escondido) but that'll take a bit more work in the moutains than I'm in shape for.

--TT--

I won't add my whole list (partially to protect the innocent/guilty parties, also just to keep from adding to the huge posts). But here's the reasons on most of my unfound 20 closest.

A) Disabled/Missing caches (and have been listed that way for 6+ Months!) The cache owners know they've been destroyed or missing and have said back in the early spring they'd replace them, still hasn't happened, but I'm hoping when fall kicks in they'll get out there and get em done.

B ) A Multi stage with the first stage 6 miles from my house, the second stage is an extra 13 miles away... :)

C) I hit the other ones as I have time, only to see them get replaced by further out ones. I think Eventually I'll settle with a set amount of miles from my house, say... 10 or 20, past that, I'll get to the other ones when I cache in that area.

D) One coming up on me requires I gain admission to a major league stadium, I'm not lookin forward to that one...

Edited by KC0GRN

Our nearest 20 unfound caches and why.. Please disregard the long post if your looking for a short answer:

9 miles

(3/4) El Cierro del Gato (Cache page) Only recently decided on a route to try, now waiting for the 100 degree weather to leave.

(1/3.5) Blackett's Cache (Cache page) round trip hike is approximately 6 miles and has a vertical rise of approximately 1,600 feet. Again waiting for cooler weather.

(3.5/4.5) Razorback (Cache page) Cache page has no information at all about the cache or trail or details.. So again waiting on cooler weather.

(1/4.5) Snow-Lightning Storm Cache (Cache page) 13 mile or so hike for a virtual. Cooler weather?

(1.5/4.5) The Window (Cache page) Right near the above.. Same reason.

(2/4) Bushmaster Peak (Cache page) Cooler weather needed for this hike with a few hours minimum of rock scrambling.

(4/4.5) O_dog #2 (Cache page) Waiting on Cooler weather? Yeppers.. Long hike into the hills.

(3.5/3) O_dog #1 (Cache page) Tried once and hit private property signs.. Have not found a good route yet.

(4/4) Buster Spring (Cache page) Hmm. Arizona Desert. Over 100 degree's. Pay to enter park. ..

(2/3.5) Agua Caliente View (Cache page) Hours of hiking? Desert Heat? Summer? Waiting...

(2/4) Wasson Peak(Cache page) Over 4 miles of hiking in the desert summer?

(2/3.5) Bird Brain (Cache page) Over 4 miles of hiking and the mountain has been closed on and off for the last year. Hard to get off the mountain if you dont leave on time.

(1/4) Chiva Falls for the Fearless (Cache page) Just got the jeep recently and have not been brave enough to go for this one alone.

(4/4) Reef (Cache page) Long hard hike on the same mountain that has been closing.

(2/2.5) Italian Trap Tank (Cache page) Newer cache but again, long trek in the desert.

(1/4) Cherry on Top (Cache page) Have not looked at this one much, but again.. Description says "The elevation is 4160 feet. A difficult hike. Take plenty of water." Sooo.. Waiting for the summer heat to leave.

(1/4) Mica Mountain (Cache page) Hike to the summit of Mica Mountain (8,664 feet), highest point of Saguaro National Park. (Bet you can guess the next statement....

(2/3.5) Cacher's Choice B (Tortolita Peak) (Cache page) Son and I gave this a shot back in Nov of last year. We had just started caching and our DNF was deleted from the cache page even, so we have no hurries to get back up that mountain.

(2/4) Italian Spring Trail (Cache page) cache page description states "round-trip desert hike of about 10 miles" .. "There is no water and no shade on the trail to this cache" .. So waiting for (Lets all say it together).. it to cool off.

(3/5) Somewhere over the Gap (Cache page) Cache description states "Located off of a difficult four wheel drive road, on a rating of 1-5 this road is rated a 4 (1 being the easiest and 4 being the toughest). An experienced four wheeler shouldn't have a problem, stock vehicles will have difficulty. Should be able to retreive the cache in half a day." No way am I going to try this in my stock jeep alone and I have not found someone else to drive out there with yet.

22 miles

So ends my saga of why these remain unfound....

Closest 20 unfound(0.4 to 4.1 mi)

1st 7 are micros

then a puzzle

micro

multi

multi

reg - just haven't had the time to do yet....

reg - tried but need to try again.....

another puzzle

2 more micros

multi

another micro

A JackCacheNC multi that I really want to do ONCE IT FINALLY STOPS RAINING -

yet another micro

another multi

and another micro!

:blink: Guess if I'm going to hunt by myself - I want a box at the end of the trail!

BTW - Closest 20 - 1.5 miles (found 18/20...but if you were to look at Nashville or Lancaster, you might think I lived there too.....oh wait those were mostly icros, ........oh yeah, those were fun hunts with groups of ppl - swarm, swarm....)

Four days ago, my closest seven caches are between 79.2 and 97.2 miles away. We own or had done all the others within 100 miles.

First requires a six hour hike.

Second is an easy boat cache. We'll probably rent a boat next year to get this one.

Third requires only a 3 hour hike. We'll probably try this one if we get some decent weather.)

Fourth & Fifth require a long (overnight) canoe trip (with portages).

Sixth requires a 2.5 mile (or 3.5 miles, if the "roads" are bad) hike with severe elevation changes.

Seventh is an easy cache that we just haven't gotten to yet.

Within in last four days, 7 new caches have shown up (14 -90 miles away). We DNFed on one of those today (47 mile). It's tough to find a micro when it is snow/sleeting due to GPSr inaccuracy.