Pocket Queries

Birders

Interestingly I've recently set up 3 queries all going to an alternate e-mail address to try something out. This morning I checked and all 3 had run last night. 2 just came through to my regular e-mail and the other one hasn't shown up.

On checking the query details for the ones that did work, I noticed that the alternate e-mail I'd entered had disappeared and it was set to deliver to my regular address.

Maybe if you're missing your PQ's you could check this.

Got mine ok this week (that's Thursday, Friday and Saturday).

But these have been active and unchanged for months. Is it only newly created or recently edited that are playing up?

Also, I only have a maximum of one on a day. Perhaps people with more than one on a day are affected?

Could be. All mine have been edited in the last week, and all five run every day and return nearly 500 caches each. They eventually arrived at 7am this morning, about 46hrs after they last ran. Hopefully it's just that editing them caused them to skip a day and I'll get them at 24hr intervals from now on.

Within seconds of my last posting I submitted a new request and it came back almost immediately. Another request submitted a little later is still pending. It could, of course, just be the usual Internet problems but we haven't experienced this much trouble in the past.

Another little quirk... When we download a group of caches certain of those we have logged are omitted and our totals on GSAK are incorrect. This happens each time we download that a series covering those caches. However, if we download them individually and then load them all into GSAK the totals come our right and our logging details are all OK. Only one of the caches in question has been archived so why this occurs puzzles us!

Within seconds of my last posting I submitted a new request and it came back almost immediately. Another request submitted a little later is still pending. It could, of course, just be the usual Internet problems but we haven't experienced this much trouble in the past.

I know people are having problems here but I have a question. How do you get a query to return almost immediately?

It was my understanding that you can only get them to be sent on a day to day basis. It would be fantastic to make a query which comes immediately to your inbox.

Simon from The Hokesters...

Within seconds of my last posting I submitted a new request and it came back almost immediately.  Another request submitted a little later is still pending.  It could, of course, just be the usual Internet problems but we haven't experienced this much trouble in the past.

I know people are having problems here but I have a question. How do you get a query to return almost immediately?

It was my understanding that you can only get them to be sent on a day to day basis. It would be fantastic to make a query which comes immediately to your inbox.

Simon from The Hokesters...

Generally if you create a new query it will be sent to you fairly quickly, that could be almost immediate to within say an hour dependant on how busy they are.

Generally if you create a new query it will be sent to you fairly quickly, that could be almost immediate to within say an hour dependant on how busy they are.

I must be doing something wrong (as usual :lol: )

Simon

I had a problem a few weeks back, and I found that deleting the query and starting from scratch sorted it. The original query had nothing wrong with it but it just wouldn't work. All I can think of was that it had been edited a couple or so times, so perhaps it had confused geocaching.com :o

How do you get a query to return almost immediately?

It was my understanding that you can only get them to be sent on a day to day basis.  It would be fantastic to make a query which comes immediately to your inbox.

Quote from the 'Pocket Query' page :-

Due to the complexity of Pocket Queries, a dedicated machine processes them in batches throughout the day. Thee order they run is based on the last time the query ran last. Priority goes to new queries first, and the others run in the order of the oldest generated.

Edited by Pharisee

<<I know people are having problems here but I have a question. How do you get a query to return almost immediately?>>

I can't answer that as this particular technology is new to me (PC user for 30 years!). However, a couple of weeks ago when I first started downloading them they came back mega-fast. Now they don't work at all!!

Can't win 'em all I guess.