What Is The Best Item You Found In A Cache?

1904PirateCrew

Ive found alot of cool items, but picking just one is tought so heres a short list of some of my favorite finds:

24 karat gold collectors stamp

binoculars

small wooden pirate chest filled with fake treasure

gem stones

cache naming rights

$2 bills

gift cards

nice pen / pencil set

Sometimes the best treats comes unexpectedly. I saw this one evening as I was heading home from caching.

30e1aa1b-1f71-4268-9deb-e61da5a99c7b.jpg

Hi,

I found a small Gerber Multi-tool, and loved it (traded a ton of cool smaller items from my bag for it), my son (almost 2) thinks everything he finds in a cache is the best ever, although he especially likes little cars.

nfa-jamie

Two mangled fuzzy pom-pom chickens that nobody except me wanted and two wierd toys that are little square men and the arms and legs click when you turn them. I like the clicking sound. Also an odd looking but cute charmander toy that was clearly a trademark violation. These all came from different caches.

Yes, I am easily amused. :ph34r:

Some of my most memorable trade items have been silly things that will go well in a theme cache that I am planning, or one that I have visited before and wished I had something better with me to trade.

Just now, I have a little wire sculpture/whimsical/executive-toy "creature" holding a sign in one hand that used to say "Boss". I pose this little guy around my house

with reminders to myself pasted over the sign. I never have to paste a smiley over it to remind me of that....it's an automatic!

Mr Smiles

Ive found alot of cool items, but picking just one is tought so heres a short list of some of my favorite finds:

24 karat gold collectors stamp

binoculars

small wooden pirate chest filled with fake treasure

gem stones

cache naming rights

$2 bills

gift cards

nice pen / pencil set

Sometimes the best treats comes unexpectedly. I saw this one evening as I was heading home from caching.

30e1aa1b-1f71-4268-9deb-e61da5a99c7b.jpg

Wow those are great items ! And that view is breath taking !

Thanks for sharing

Hi,

I found a small Gerber Multi-tool, and loved it (traded a ton of cool smaller items from my bag for it), my son (almost 2) thinks everything he finds in a cache is the best ever, although he especially likes little cars.

nfa-jamie

My husband would of been jumping up and down over that tool! He loves them!

My son likes the little cars too!

Thanks for sharing

I only have about 30 finds but I'll reply anyway :ph34r:

I found a watering can rose thingy that you screw onto a fizzy drinks bottle. Never seen one before, and now I use it all the time to water my houseplants.

Simple, cheap, useful!

IVE NEVER SEEN THAT EITHER . POST A PICTURE IF YOU CAN .

IM CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.

THANKS FOR SHARING

QUOTE (Another Mr Lizard @ Aug 20 2004, 02:00 AM)

I only have about 30 finds but I'll reply anyway wink.gif

I found a watering can rose thingy that you screw onto a fizzy drinks bottle. Never seen one before, and now I use it all the time to water my houseplants.

Simple, cheap, useful!

THANKS FOR SHARING

Grandma and Mom stuck sprinkler corks in an old pop bottle when they were ironing (when I was quite small) and irons didn't have a "steam" setting. They would sprinkle clothes as they ironed. :ph34r:

Gee, what a lot of nice things you have found. I haven't found my favourite item yet. Come to think of it, I haven't found anything worth trading yet. Seems after the first few logs there is only crap in the box. Except for the TB's of course, which are not for keeping.

Edited by Lean Wolf

I don't have that many finds yet either, but I haven't found anything that great. I started by just keeping whatever knick-knack I find in one cache to trade into another cache. I'm not going to do that anymore though. Cachers deserve more well thought out items. I bought a bunch of miniature first-aid kits to leave behind. I am still waiting to find something useful that I can hang on to...

QUOTE (Another Mr Lizard @ Aug 20 2004, 02:00 AM)

I only have about 30 finds but I'll reply anyway wink.gif

Simple, cheap, useful!

THANKS FOR SHARING

Grandma and Mom stuck sprinkler corks in an old pop bottle when they were ironing (when I was quite small) and irons didn't have a "steam" setting. They would sprinkle clothes as they ironed. :P

that's EXACTLY what I was thinking last night - it 'had to be a sprinkler' but naw - couldn't be -

shore nuff - you were right - the photo tells it all - do they STILL make those things?

geeezzz - :P

I only have a few find but out of the ones I do have I haven;t found anything worth taking. I usally keeps cool stuff in my pack. Batteries, led lights, carabeaners with led lights, carabeaner radios, cheap multi tools, laser pointers, compasses. But honestly I haven't found anything worth trading for. I usally try to leve the cache a little richer, lately they've been alot richer. It's just disapointing not to find cool stuf in them. To many people are trading gerber multi tools for used losing lottery tickets and dadgum Mctoys. And speaking of those, I don't think trading a bunch of useless crap constitutes taking the most valuable thing in the cache. I understand geo-caching is not about what you trade, but still it's nice to find something worth value everynow and then instead of just useless crap. Ok i'm done venting now. I just got back from a cache where I left a carabeaner radio and took a McToy just so I could close the lid.

authentic sand from the Moon!

How do you know it was authentic? Did it smell like powdered green cheese? :blink:

It is VERY illegal to own moon sand or rocks. I seriously doubt that its authentic and if it is, that means someone somwhere stole it.

Whenever I find cool things I have nothing of equal value to trade for them :blink:

I found a musical CD with music from one of my favorite composers. Left it there... In one cache, I found an electronic chess game and a baby monitor... Left them there... and chances are they are still there!

I found a lovely little Old Timer pocket knife today. You know how some old tools look well made, well used, and well cared for? It was that sort of thing. I think it had been in there a while -- it had one crusty patch of rust on the blade, anyway -- but it has cleaned up nicely. I know knives are a no-no, so I didn't feel bad trading it out.

I'll carry this one.

Well, I've already answered this one back in this thread, and again in this thread.

Both those times my aswer was an American flag taken from this cache. Read the cache description to see what makes this 99 cent flag one of the most valuable things I own.

HOWEVER, since those posts, I have to say my answer has changed.

I must now say that this is the best thing I EVER found in a geocache.

authentic sand from the Moon!

How do you know it was authentic? Did it smell like powdered green cheese? <_<

It is VERY illegal to own moon sand or rocks. I seriously doubt that its authentic and if it is, that means someone somwhere stole it.

He participated in the ESA Student Parabolic Flight Campaign students investigators where students are testint experiments in zero gravity. Some sand from the moon was at his group disposal

I saw photos of him in the A-300 shuttle but i actually can't believe at all that the sand is authentic

Edited by garri

Although technically not an "item": memories

For a physical item: e03d68fe-e092-40c0-8770-e6b7acfae1ba.jpg

(That's a box full of silver, the prize for a contest where the coords were divided into 4 parts hidden amongst 25 caches.)

However Mopar:

I must now say that this is the best thing...

I'm not sure she'd like being called "this thing" or "item"! {wink}

Enjoy,

Randy

I have found 175 caches and have seen lots of neat stuff - some of it pretty valuable like computer games, nice cds, videos, really nice kid fanny pack, souvenir spoons (I have a collection).

If I have nice enough stuff with me I trade and it's really cool. Sometimes I don't have valuable enough trades and leave it behind. Oddly enough, I get tired of trading and just like to be able to say I found it in the log book and that it was a great destination. Oh, and I always thrill to see a travel bug, especially the jeeps!

My kids could care less about all the trades and TBs that look cool to me. They like in this order: Money (not foreign), kid computer games and cheap toy cars, action figures and any kind of ball. <_<