I'm A Geo-newbie!

HeadinToHeaven

I believe the general consensus is try not to look like you are hunting for anything if there are muggles around, definetly don't let them see where the cache is for fear of them raiding it. If questioned, use your own judgement as to what information to give away, for example if the muggles are mature adults I don't think I'd hesitate to try to explain geocaching to them. If they were of the teenage/kid range, they might want to just take the whole thing so I'd probably say "playin a game" or something like that (which is a perfectly good excuse since my 76CS has games on it B)) It wouldn't be a bad idea to print and bring along some of the cards or brochures found HERE for the inquisitive types. In the end it is really up to you what to do:

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find the cache without compromising it's location. Should you, or any member of your I.M. force, be caught, or killed, the secretary will disavow all knowledge of your actions. This tape will self-destruct in five seconds. Good Luck! B);)B)

If you are caught with the cache box then explain. There are also nice flyers on www.geocacher-u.com that you can print and distribute.

Otherwise, it is advisable to keep silent about what you are doing, especially if you think that the muggles might find and plunder the cache afterwards. As a rule, muggles should not know where a cache is hidden.