What Was The Wierdest Thing You Found In A Cach

March 24 by crzycrzy (103 found)

I hate to be the one to say it, but something funny happened to me on the way home from Vegas.

I pulled off highway 15 to fimd the cache and I found something else instead.

A dead body.

Apparently it was a homicide, but in any case, I had to wait several hours for the homicide team from Vegas to come out and investigate.

This cache is going to be impounded by the Vegas Metropolitan police, and further info can be had by contacting Detective Barry Jensen at (702)229-3521

I will also be forwarding this info to admin at geocaching.com

On the bright side, I did get an opportunity to share with the local law enforcement about geocaching.

They were all very interested, and impressed with it, and a few are going to give it a try.

I left the scene prior to getting inundated with the local news, however, I did find this report...

Body Found In Desert

Posted: March 24, 2004

An ATV rider discovered a body in the desert near Primm Tuesday night. The man's body was found near I-15 at mile marker 4. Detectives are investigating the death to determine if he was murdered.

It wasn't quite accurate, but that's okay. I'd rather be anonymous.

So, sorry that your cache needs archiving, but the police took it.

[view this log on a separate page]

March 23 by crzycrzy (103 found)

Found it with Las Vegas Metro.

Read my comments above...

March 22 by LAZYMAN (63 found)

Went right to it. GPS was off by 30 feet.

took nothing, left Burger King toy and a Cody Banks note book.

Look at the dates, she found the body a day later than the last cacher, how did he not notice? "Took: Nothing, Left: Burger King toy and a Cody Banks note book, and a duffle bag with nothing in it, nothing at all, trust me its completely empty." :P

We went to a cache named Smit's Poo Cache. Yep you got it...thing was full of CRAP! Another cacher was at the site and informed me that he had cleaned the cache out of the offending stuff but that the log book still had some of it stuck in pages. He then stated that he cleaned the log book out well enough that I would only get a little bit of the crap on my hands while signing it.

NO THANKS DUDE!!!! I can live with a DNF or better yet I'll just claim the find and inform the owner of the situation but I don't think I need crap on my hands just so I can sign the log. Did he really think the owner was going read through that crap-covered thing? :P