What Is Your Trademark Item?

Team PEZ

I leave a little bag of dress up jewelry/nail polish for little girls. I do girly dress up parties for my biz, so I like to make sure that little girls can always find something cool in a cache. I tie it up with a nice ribbon. I'm working on a card to add in, now that we are starting again. Too hot in the summer in FL. We only geocache in the fall and winter. But, we're wimps.

We have a couple of little items that we place when a cache has really impressed us, or for most of our FTFs (unless they're really lame!)

The main one is a multifunction card:

Sig_Card.jpg

Sig_Card_apart.jpg

and we also leave some little LED torches (and aren't these suckers getting BRIGHT?!)

I used one of these to navigate my way back to the car when I stayed out getting that one.... last... waypoint until it was quite dark!

Great Ideas all round

We use hand made wooden orniments. My wife makes them on the scroll saw an hand paints them. They are all unique and with the selection we have (about 20 types) we try to spread the types around. .

We have a little problem around here. there are only about 4 couple cahing so we are all well stocked on each others sig items!

This is an 'old but good' question.

I collect smooth limestone rocks from a local beach, paint a GC logo on them and write 'Hikemeister' and the year.

I also leave these in my caches for first finders, making them a bit more fancy and writing the name of the cache and 'First Finder' on the back of the stone.

:o We leave our sig card and usually 2 or 3 of our sig items which are the yellow LIVESTRONG wristband that are used by the Lance Armstrong Foundation to bring awareness to cancer research and survivor suport programs. My girls are 7 and 9 now and both have experienced the loss of imediate family members and a favorite teacher to cancer. 6cc3578b-6a52-41e3-a953-6b15e3f4c851.jpg

You guys have such cool ideas! I really like the wire puzzles, too!

We've been trying to decide what our sig item should be for awhile. I think we're going to end up with bandannas that have our team name embroidered on them (I have an embroidery machine). I never leave my house to go caching without one, but I don't know if other people would appreciate it.

It's not much, but if Dorothy Macaw is with me when I find a cache I leave one of her feathers that fall out when she sheds them.

I hate to think of all the sqwacking that is going to go on when I take her caching and forget to take along one of those feathers. "Ok Dorothy take one for the team while I pull this feather out".

I am considering making several of these miniature Garmin etrex Legend C's as an item to place. They cost pennies to make, and about 20 minutes each. I think fellow cachers would get a kick out of finding one. They can be used as a desk ornament, or just get passed along. ;)

It will be interesting to see what folks think.

fe66899d-f2e5-4526-b898-0b31c35583ea.jpg

After a ton of searching, I have finally managed to come across flies that aren't massively overpriced.

I found them on clearance a pack of 17 for 25 cents and they glow in the dark.

If I had the money I'd leave a pack at a time, but since I don't, I bought a couple dollars worth and I leave one in every cache - most micros included. I don't expect people to trade for them, just take one if they'd like to.

My next plan is a signature card.

They're pretty simple.

Cut a block of wood (I use a furring strip, 2" x 1.5")

Print out a color pic of the GPSr you want, in the size you want.

Paste on to front of wood

shape wood block with a Dremmel tool to resemble the shape of the GPSr.

Paint black.

Use push pins with black round heads as buttons.

Drill hole in bottom and glue a looped string.

That's the basics. You can get more creative with detail as you see fit. :laughing::blink:

They're pretty simple.

Cut a block of wood (I use a furring strip, 2" x 1.5")

Print out a color pic of the GPSr you want, in the size you want.

Paste on to front of wood

shape wood block with a Dremmel tool to resemble the shape of the GPSr.

Paint black.

Use push pins with black round heads as buttons.

Drill hole in bottom and glue a looped string.

That's the basics. You can get more creative with detail as you see fit. :laughing::blink:

Great! Now all I need is a block of wood, a saw, a color printer, glue, a dremmel, black paint and a paintbrush, round black head pushpins, a drill, and some string... Oh, yeah, and to figure out what a furring strip is.

Looks like I'm all set. :o

ok, I'll post this here again. I make hand made items, and no two are completely alike. Here is a sampling

The Geo-Egg:

egg2.jpg

GeoBeads, used for necklaces and with other creations:

gpsbeads.jpg

The necklace, fun for little kids:

necklace.jpg

GeoBracelet, each bead has the geologo running through it:

bracelet.jpg

More Beads:

planet2.jpg

And my newest creations, Mini garden accents, they don't all have to be about caching do they?:

planetfaces.jpg

We had a stash of wine corks because we belong to several wine clubs, go wine tasting a lot and have wine tasting get togethers often so it just seemed natural to add our geocache name to a cork as our signature item. As we run out, we can just ask for more at the wineries. Now I just need to have a stamp made up so I can sign them faster.

Lots of wonderful ideas here and some very talented people!

Edited by geobrowns
We had a stash of wine corks because we belong to several wine clubs, go wine tasting a lot and have wine tasting get togethers often so it just seemed natural to add our geocache name to a cork as our signature item. As we run out, we can just ask for more at the wineries. Now I just need to have a stamp made up so I can sign them faster.

Lots of wonderful ideas here and some very talented people!

Hehe, already have one of those in my sig item box. I'll be on the watch for one with a stamped name.

We are new to geocaching and are trying to come up with a fun signature item for less than $1. Our idea involves Silly Putty. We would buy a 5 lb. block of the original Silly Putty (from sillyputty.com) and put it into easter eggs or film canisters ourselves (this way we could have bigger portions than normal and save money on packaging). We would make a signature label to put on the container. What do you think of this idea? Would you take it? Would your kids like it? Do you think it's a good idea? We welcome any feedback you might have. Do you have any other ideas for containers? Thanks for your input!