A Different Take On A 5/5 Cache

Snoogans

Suppose someone (probably not me) got permission to hide a cache in a nudist colony or on a nude beach.

Would the cache be approved? (If not, then WHY?)

Would the 5/5 be accurate (even if it's a 1/1 for NudeCacher types) for this cache? (If not, then why?)

(NudeCacher, any insights for this question?)

SNOOG7.jpg

Does the nude beach or area require nudity? The few I have been to didn't seem to require it. Anyway, I'm not sure nudity makes the cache more difficult. It might make some people not want to seek it, but it doesn't make it more difficult.

Look at it this way: A person might dislike or feel uncomfortable with caches in the woods. That level of uncomfort does not make the cache more difficult in general, it just makes it less pleasent for that person. I see nudity as the same thing. So I don't think nudity increases the difficulty somehow.

As for approval of one, I guess there is the family friendly issue. But then again, if you make the page really clear about it? I don't know, I can see arguments either way.

Hmmm, a nudist camp/resort with an entry fee could be considered a commercial cache. So there is a different issue.

Some areas have beaches and such though that are generally used by nudists but are open to the public. I guess that is what I was thinking of.

Hmmm, a nudist camp/resort with an entry fee could be considered a commercial cache. So there is a different issue.

Some areas have beaches and such though that are generally used by nudists but are open to the public. I guess that is what I was thinking of.

I have a problem with this whole "commercial" thing, based on an entrance fee. STATE AND NATIONAL PARKS CHARGE THESE FEES.

back on topic:

Terrian will be what it is

Difficulty should be higher than a 1 because of the "special circumstances/"lack of equipment" needed or allowed.

Snoogans, thank goodness your Quantum Leap Cache didnt lead us to a nudist type park that required us to be nude. Im sure that some people probably got annoyed when we didnt strip but hey, we were on a mission and werent there to see the sights (i did see a couple of interesting ones, but i didnt look). :P Im sure glad you thought of this after we found ours....

This leg of the cache was only difficult due to the fact that there were others in the Jeep with me that were somewhat uncomfortable with the idea of going into the park. If i would have been by myself it wouldnt have been a problem at all. So yes, i think Carleen hit the nail on the head with her statement above!

Would they be approved in a clothing is NOT optional colony? Probably not, not because of the nudity, but that most nudist resorts/colonies are commercial in nature. There are varying circumstances so who knows. The park you sent us to was of course run by the county, not commercial! :D

'Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes!'

Would the cache be approved?

I really don't know, but it should be. It's in a legitime area, and no one doens't have to go searching it if they feel uncomfortable with it. If you don't want to bring your kids with you, don't. It's not really a family issue, since there can be whole families in those areas.

AFAIK, there are a few nudist beaches/islands/areas in my country, but they're not closed from public, so basically anyone could just walk in, naked or not, and search a cache there.

Snoogans, thank goodness your Quantum Leap Cache didnt lead us to a nudist type park that required us to be nude. Im sure that some people probably got annoyed when we didnt strip but hey, we were on a mission and werent there to see the sights (i did see a couple of interesting ones, but i didnt look). :P Im sure glad you thought of this after we found ours....

This leg of the cache was only difficult due to the fact that there were others in the Jeep with me that were somewhat uncomfortable with the idea of going into the park. If i would have been by myself it wouldnt have been a problem at all. So yes, i think Carleen hit the nail on the head with her statement above!

Would they be approved in a clothing is NOT optional colony? Probably not, not because of the nudity, but that most nudist resorts/colonies are commercial in nature. There are varying circumstances so who knows. The park you sent us to was of course run by the county, not commercial! :D

ROFL! I forgot about that. I hid that leg about 9 months ago. The weather had turned cold and the place was deserted.

Of course, now Cherokeecacher is picturing me hiding a cache all nekkid. :D Stop that. :D

SNOOG7.jpg

My favorite cache is located on a mountain trail that leads to a "clothing optional" hot spring. The new girlfriend & I definately are not shy about shedding the clothing in the sometimes crowded hot springs there. I'd even travel a good distance just to visit a nudity-mandatory cache.... But that's just me...

Of course, now Cherokeecacher is picturing me hiding a cache all nekkid. :D  Stop that. :D

SNOOG7.jpg

:P This could be Michelle, ya know.

Anywhoo

It is not only you Snoogans....Ok think about the attendees of "Too Hot to Cache Bash", and tell me that any of it is a good mental picture.

I still see this one every time I blink:

65df9b1c-c4bd-4ff2-9020-8a8b5419ecad.jpg

Of course, now Cherokeecacher is picturing me hiding a cache all nekkid. :D  Stop that. :D

SNOOG7.jpg

:P This could be Michelle, ya know.

Anywhoo

It is not only you Snoogans....Ok think about the attendees of "Too Hot to Cache Bash", and tell me that any of it is a good mental picture.

I still see this one every time I blink:

removed pic to save space

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

she is gunna kill ya

There allready is a clothing optional cache Swag Optional

ARGH

Will you people frigging quit posting links to members only caches!

Would "You" people cough up a few dollars to support this site.

OK. Let's keep it on topic. There's probably at least 1 mod out there who would love to lock this thread at the first opportunity.

SNOOG9.jpg

There allready is a clothing optional cache Swag Optional

ARGH

Will you people frigging quit posting links to members only caches!

Would "You" people cough up a few dollars to support this site.

OK. Let's keep it on topic. There's probably at least 1 mod out there who would love to lock this thread at the first opportunity.

SNOOG9.jpg

Sorry I will be good from now on. :P

To get the thread back on topic: I still stand by my statement that difficulty is not raised because of nudity if clothing is optional. If nudity is mandatory, maybe..... but I still think it does not raise the difficulty. It just lowers the number of people who will choose to seek the cache.

I agree with Saxman that the terrain level would not change at all.

BTW, that Texas cache looks interesting. I would consider doing that. In the end, I think I would happily go clothed to a nudist area to find a cache and would consider going nude myself if many others there were in the buff. I would feel somewhat uncomfortable about it all, but also would find the whole experience interesting. I guess it would be akin to that uncomfortable feeling of being the nice girl who played bad girl by going skinny dipping in high school. A combo of being uncomfortable since I am kind of modest (at least with strangers), yet enjoying the risk taking of the adventure.

Edited by carleenp

There are several nude beaches now with caches on them for a small donation to my paypal account, I would gladly sent you the GC# and they are rated about right, and of course you can wear your geo-hunting gear but then you will stand out to the muggies and the cache may not last. Heee Heee …………. JOE

fly46 said: ARGH Will you people frigging quit posting links to members only caches!

That’s easy pay up or shut up, aren’t you having 30 bucks worth of fun here on the forums

There are several nude beaches now with caches on them for a small donation to my paypal account, I would gladly sent you the GC# and they are rated about right, and of course you can wear your geo-hunting gear but then you will stand out to the muggies and the cache may not last. Heee Heee …………. JOE

fly46 said: ARGH Will you people frigging quit posting links to members only caches!

That’s easy pay up or shut up, aren’t you having 30 bucks worth of fun here on the forums

I think we would be the "muggles" in that situation.

Since the difficulty to find it isn't increased and the terrain remains the same, it should be rated accurately disregarding level of attire IMO.

OTOH, definately make it clear on the cache page. (Including any fees.)

Also, don't assume it's "adult only" and still keep trade items kid-friendly as many families have no problem with nudity and kids certainly don't until they're taught otherwise.

I'd certainly go in a FTF attempt despite never experiencing such before...

Enjoy,

Randy

First, the term "nudist colony" is incorrect. They aren't colonies, they're clubs.

The American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR) lists the associated clubs on their website. I'm a member of and the webmaster for LARC, which is an AANR club. You can do a virtual tour of our grounds and events in our photo album. Because a nudist club has to control visitors, they probably are not an appropriate place to place a cache.

The Naturist Society publishes Lee Baxandall’s World Guide to Nude Beaches and Resorts, a book which is a source of information about nude beaches and locations. Most of these are on public lands and there are already a number of caches at or near some of them. A cache near Vancouver BC, that I have been to, is at Wreck Beach. The Wreck Beach Preservation Society claims that Wreck Beach has 100,000 visitors per year and there can be a thousand mostly naked people on the beach on nice days.

The discussions about Nudecacher in the topics here which speculate that nettles, barbed wire, poison ivy, etc. are a bigger hazard for naked cachers than clothed ones are incorrect. From my experience, there is no difference. The intimidation of being nude shouldn't make the cache any harder to find. The difficulty ratings shouldn't be affected by a clothing optional or nude location.

Nudecacher

"Wear a smile, ... only a smile."

We have a new cache in Germany - Shower in the woods http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...fb-359b24e1b9a7. GCKA1T. To log this cache, you have to find the cache and post a photo of you showering at the cold water shower (built in the woods near Frankfurt in 1849). The shower is an official place with cabins to change your clothes.

And we have a thread about this new cache in the German forums (for german speaking people: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=77915).

I like the idea - it's fun for those who want to do it.

Happy trails!

(edited for better link & typo)

Edited by geoPirat

If you want me to have it so bad, pay for it for me.

As much as I love geocaching and everything about this site and [most of] the people and everything else, I have to prioritize. Seeing as though the eye doctor just cost me $110, I think that I have to prioritise that over geocaching. When I get home from my sister's wedding (which my mother bought the plane ticket for me for because I couldn't afford it), I need to fix my car, which has virtually no brakes on the right side.

Those of you who are members also don't remember that there's alot of people on these forums that aren't into being members. New members, members that don't have extra money, members that don't want to be premium members, do make up a section of this sport, too. Personally, I'd rather support the site by buying a teeshirt and giving them a plug every opportunity I can anyway.

*waves to nudecacher* I wondered when you'd get in this thread!

You can do a virtual tour of our grounds and events in our photo album.

;) OMG, did I see someone without a saxophone in 2003 section? B) B) B)B)

I think I know which picture you're referring to. At first glance, that guy does appear to resemble me. Sorry to disappoint you, but that's not me.

Not disappointed at all. It it were you I might actually have been disappointed, since I know you're a baritone man! B):P

Clothing optional? B)

Here at the University of British Columbia, several if not most of the near by caches are clothing optional B) because the University is on a peninsula surounded by a beach that is all clothing optional. For more information on the beach, check out WreckBeach.org. Caches span the beach from the south end with "Happy Cache #1", to the center with "Wreck Beach", to the North end with "Marine Drive". There are also several other caches in the park areas around the beach that are not right on it. A worthy day's caching if you are so inclined. ;)

You can do a virtual tour of our grounds and events in our photo album.

;) OMG, did I see someone without a saxophone in 2003 section? B) B) B);)

I think I know which picture you're referring to. At first glance, that guy does appear to resemble me. Sorry to disappoint you, but that's not me.

Not disappointed at all. It it were you I might actually have been disappointed, since I know you're a baritone man! B)B)

B) That's right I am.

I've even got the pics to prove it :P