West Tn Geo Gathering

Bartster

Okay all you West Tennesseans (and others if you wish to join us!), the time has come for us to get together and put faces with those screen names!

The purspose of the event, will simply be to gather and meet each other, and eat! I don't plan on setting any 'caching activities for this first gathering. Although we can organize an event cache at this gathering where we will go caching.

I post this thread to see when the best time would be for everyone to meet. I was originally going to plan the event for a week night, like a Tuesday or Thursday, but then I thought I should post a thread to see if a week night or a weekend would be the biggest draw.

Please reply to this thread to let me know when would be best for you and I'll try to accomodate as many as possible.

So what do you think, WEEKEND or WEEK DAY? If weekday, WHAT DAY?

Edited by Bartster

Depends on who you want to draw from "West Tennessee." The folks in an around Memphis are having this event:

MidSouth Hotwings Hangover 3

(I'm sure you already know about this, but not everyone in the forum will)

If you want to draw folks from all over West TN, a weekend afternoon would probably be better since some folks may have a longer drive than they could do after work during the week.

I'm game if I can fit it around Saturday AM soccer games, which are already cutting WAY into my caching time!

I'm going to do my best to try and come. The best day for me would definitely have to be a weekend lunch or weekend afternoon. Preferably a Saturday. Let's see..... if I leave Memphis at 8:00 am that should just about give me enough time to get Just Ducky - Revived :blink:

I'm with Gib! I'd be there and try to hit Just ducky while I'm there!

I'm going to do my best to try and come.  The best day for me would definitely have to be a weekend lunch or  weekend afternoon.  Preferably a Saturday.  Let's see..... if I leave Memphis at 8:00 am that should just about give me enough time to get Just Ducky - Revived :blink:

I'm with Gib! I'd be there and try to hit Just ducky while I'm there!

You'll have to bring your cool new inflatable kayak this time...

I know the route I'll take to that cache, and it doesn't involve wading across a leech-infested pond.

It looks like a Saturday is the unanimous choice. As soon as I get the fall soccer schedules, I'll pick a date and location. I was considering the 3rd or 4th Saturday of September. Probably the 4th Saturday, as I don't want to do it too quickly, to prevent people missing it who don't check the forums very often.

Thanks for all the input, and I'll keep you posted. :)

Any of y'all with kids ever watch Milo & Otis. It a live-action movie about this dog & cat that leave the farm and go on an adventure... Anyway, it has one of those pervasive songs that just seems to stick with you forever after you've heard it. Kind of relates to caching too.

The oft-repeated chorus is:

Gonna take a walk outside today

Gonna see what we can find today.

Hope to see some of y'all at the gathering. Too bad Jackson's biggest tourist attraction is closed (according to Bartster).

Heading out this week to do some TB harvesting in the area to bring to the event :P . There is a cache close by my work called M-town Mobland, Part I: The Botched Drop that has some stranded Bugs and a Geocoin in it that were put there last April. I'm hoping to do Just Ducky - Revived as my 200th Find. I'm pretty sure Spencersb, TuckSackett, and myself are going to come up a little early and try to pick off some in the Jackson Area before the event and anyone else is welcomed to join us. Spencersb has graciously offered to bring up to 7 up in his minivan. I think the plan is to meet at the I-40 Rest Area in Arlington and carpool from there. Email myself or Spencersb for the exact departure time later this week.

I'm still hoping to make it to the event. Don't know for sure what the family schedule for the weekend is yet, though.

If all goes to plan, I should be able to add another 10 to my list of found caches on Saturday. ;)

Excellent Bit! Looking forward to seeing you again! Don't forget that you can log Just Ducky again! I think we're gonna have a pretty good turn out for the event. I think several from the west TN area are gonna show up.

Sorry about your favorite resting place being closed down. ;) I'm sure it will be open again sometime in the future under a new name and location! :P

:lol: Hey everybody. I just added a YJTB to just ducky. With enough coming into town, I'm sure ducky will get traffic.

You can either grab the YJTB or there is a "key" in this cache as well. If you grab this one, you can claim a YJTB at the geogathering. No key-no jeep.

Please don't take BOTH jeep and the key. Let the next cacher grab the other.

See every one there. :mad: