Media Exposure

canadazuuk

What then is your problem rogue cachers? Wouldn't being better organised help solve these problems? Being so secretive would make me less inclined to open areas I was managing to your activity. Although being a caher I can understand where you are coming from but I think your getting it all wrong.

Yes, roque cachers have been a recent problem. I'm not sure, though, why you want to turn this thread into a land use issue when the topic has more to do with BCGA participation in a TV interview with a junior reporter for a local station doing a puff piece for the local news.

Maybe you should start a thread about land use issues and dealing with land managers. Judging from your posts and your profile, it sounds like you have a wealth of experience to share.

(Bolding mine)

Sorry if I may just quote the OP for you.

Looking for a broad based response regarding geocaching and media exposure.

It would be preferable to see many replies from many areas, and not just replies from those in BC who were either 'for' or 'against' media exposure on a recent secret topic at the BCGA website.

Media exposure: Is it good, or bad? And more importantly, why?

(Again bolding mine)

In all fairness to those who think media exposure is bad, I'm not certain that we have stated why media exposure is good.

Stating why media exposure is not bad might not be the same as stating why it is good. (Although, maybe it is just a matter of semantics?)

Why would media exposure of geocaching be good?

Edited by canadazuuk

I thought the story was well done. It depicted the sport as a good, clean family activity. A nice way to spend the afternoon with family members of all ages. The area where the story takes place is obviously a park, which clearly indicates that people with mobility problems may participate in some aspects of the hunt. Like I said before, the press is not going to go away, if they are going to cover the sport, this is the desired type of coverage.