Whatever Happened To???

El Diablo

I was looking at the "Explain your avatar" thread and for some reason Mr. Snazz popped into my mind. I really loved his avatar. I haven't seen him around in months and his last post was 4 months ago. His last visit to the site was 3 months ago. I kinda miss the guy. :(

Who do you miss?

El Diablo

Mountain Mudbug. She always had something interesting to say.

I'd hafta agree.

I miss Mystery Woman, Oregone, Soylent Green, Breaktrack, AuntGigi, and Mitsuko. :(

Oh, and Mustard Devil. I bet he ain't around as much now that he's in Afghanistan. (He has been there almost a week now.)

SNOOG7.jpg

I miss Rubbertoe, GeorgeandMary, Seneca, Oregone, UMC, Markwell, and a bunch of others since I am sure I am leaving people out!

I will note that Dinoprophet and Webling have posted recently I think or they would be on the list too!

Again, I am sure I am missing people! :)

Edit: And Mountain Mudbug and Mr. Snazz. I miss them too! ACK! I just know that I am missing people, which causes me angst! :)

Another Edit: Acceptable Risk.

Yet another edit (can't believe I forgot this one): Bons! I miss Bons!

Edited by carleenp
Mountain Mudbug. She always had something interesting to say.

I'd hafta agree.

I miss Mystery Woman, Oregone, Soylent Green, Breaktrack, AuntGigi, and Mitsuko. :)

Oh, and Mustard Devil. I bet he ain't around as much now that he's in Afghanistan. (He has been there almost a week now.)

SNOOG7.jpg

Mitsuko is doing well. I'll tell her that you miss her Snoogans,,,hehe. :)

And Rubbertoe.

Rubbertoe has shown up a few times lately.

Doc Dean and Seneca seem to have gone missing.

Doc Dean is still active in the geocaching community. He is the editor of the heath section for Today's Cacher

El Diablo

I have enjoyed his health column, I meant he hasn't posted in here like he used to.

Carleen, UMC was in Clayjars tonight, and I have seen him online more in the last couple weeks.

I miss Rubbertoe, GeorgeandMary, Seneca, Oregone, UMC, Markwell, and a bunch of others since I am sure I am leaving people out!

I will note that Dinoprophet and Webling have posted recently I think or they would be on the list too!

Again, I am sure I am missing people! :)

Edit: And Mountain Mudbug and Mr. Snazz. I miss them too! ACK! I just know that I am missing people, which causes me angst! :)

Sparky was asking what happened to Bons...does anyone know?

He went to Saxmans Event, and then nothing....

Wow, it's nice to be missed, even though I've been quite active lately! :) Don't worry, you haven't missed much if you haven't seen my posts.

I liked Marty Fouts, and I haven't seen Warm Fuzzies in a long time.

Rather than "missing" people, i am more interested in why they are gone.

People going "missing" is inevitable. People move on, interests change, time gets the best of people... there are many reasons.

I wonder how many are gone because they are disgusted with the topic limits and the consequent continual rehashing of old topics, and being "spanked" for speaking their minds?

I know noone missed me (or ever will), but I have become relatively inactive for some of the above reasons. I still come around every now and then (when I'm bored), but i know when i'm basically not wanted.

I'll bet I'm not alone.

I miss the days when Jeremy used to post in the General Geocaching Forum.  He had me laughing plenty of times.

Hydee told me she's moderating Jeremy (sort of). :)

She told me the same thing and I agree with the logic.

IMHO, the Mayor of Geocaching Town shouldn't involve himself with the trifling arguments of the masses. It's a no win situation.

When he posts now, it's usually something informative or positive. He has shown great restraint and that's commendable in a leader. Way to go Jeremy!

SNOOG9.jpg

Rather than "missing" people, i am more interested in why they are gone.

People going "missing" is inevitable.  People move on, interests change, time gets the best of people...  there are many reasons.

I wonder how many are gone because they are disgusted with the topic limits and the consequent continual rehashing of old topics, and being "spanked" for speaking their minds?

I know noone missed me (or ever will), but I have become relatively inactive for some of the above reasons.  I still come around every now and then (when I'm bored), but i know when i'm basically not wanted.

I'll bet I'm not alone.

I'm with you on this point...I would be interested in learning the reasons behind why some people drop out of here...

But yea...I could see people staying away because of some of the whining and arguing that goes on in here at times...

As for me...I take that as part of human nature...but the positive threads and members have far outwieghed the negative...at least for me that is.

Sorry...I am relatively new here...so I can't really have missed very many people...including you...I know you are not alone though...I've heard the same of a few people.

And yes, UMC is active in chat and in #migo chat (Michigan Geocachers Org.)...as well as in the MiGO forums (see link in my sig line).

I miss J5 and Carleenp. Yes Carleenp still posts but not like she used too.

It is because I gave up angst for lent and never returned. Seriously. Basically I quit reading most of the angst ridden threads, and thus, I have no reason to post some of the types of things that I used to post.

Doc Dean is still active in the geocaching community. He is the editor of the heath section for Today's Cacher

El Diablo

Doc is also moderator in Floridacacher's forum and seems to be active there. Have seen him also at NEFGA forums.

Wow! Its nice to be mentioned among such names as I've been reading in this thread.

Its true, I'm not on the forums here as much as I used to be (or as much as I'd like to be...)

I have taken on alot of extra responsibilities which I really enjoying but they are time consuming.

Besides being one of the editors for Today's Cacher, I am one of the head moderators of Floridacaching.com and I am still active on the NEFGA forums with our Jacksonville brethren and recently also joined the committee organizing Geowoodstock III for 2005.

Also I have been told I will have the honor of being the official "Doctor on site" for GWIII! :)

I guess I'll have to post coordinates of where you can find me if you get hurt. :)

Doc-Dean:

Also I have been told I will have the honor of being the official "Doctor on site" for GWIII! 

I guess I'll have to post coordinates of where you can find me if you get hurt

Whaat-no house, I mean trail calls? :)

Glad to hear you survived Charley.

I miss Canadazuuk. Well, not exactly-I miss the hot female avatar he was using for a while. :)

Edited by wimseyguy
And Rubbertoe.

Rubbertoe has shown up a few times lately.

Unfortunately, more often than not, I'm too busy with work or other "stuff I need to do" that keeps me from getting online in the forums here - or more importantly, out geocaching.

I've got a pretty goofy schedule that has me coming and going at all sorts of odd hours. Maybe once I settle in to a normal human-type work schedule, I'll be able to make my presence felt a little more in here. B)

( although, I have been searching for this evil microcache quite a bit lately... ) :o

I can see how I've been overlooked or viewed as not being around. The truth is that I've been very busy with work but I'm still very active in the MiGO forums and with MiGO as SixTen mentioned. I'm still around here but tend to lurk more than I used to.

Anyway, I agree with most of the names mentioned above but I don't think I've seen 'brdad' mentioned. I know he's always in cj's chat but not on the forums anymore, that goes for danny also.

Again, I am sure I am missing people!  :laughing:

Edit: And Mountain Mudbug and Mr. Snazz. I miss them too! ACK! I just know that I am missing people, which causes me angst!  :P

Sparky was asking what happened to Bons...does anyone know?

He went to Saxmans Event, and then nothing....

i miss sparky and saxman :P